The MapView Project - Editor/Viewer

Status on mondo update?

@ Fiend7777Fits I don't believe that's possible in the current version. I do know however that the new version should have it, and if it doesn't, you can always copy paste the section you want onto a smaller map (using the new version). That's assuming you can have more than one open at once, like civ4editor, and you may already be able to, I've never tried it.

@Greyhound

Is this still alive?

Yup nay update soon? :(

You still out there Gr3yHound?

I'm starting to get worried! I checked and noticed that the last post by Gr3yHound was in August (on this thread) and his last activity was on Sept 22, 2007 (assuming that is accurate). Anybody heard from him lately?

yup everone need brakes from modding
Maybe we should send him pm or e-mail? This is the best tool for making maps to civ imo the way i work on them.

why the hell does every map i make with every version of this program break, whenever i load up a new game it always says I'm defeated, I didnt touch a damn thing other than chaning elevation and addint some snow.

it says no version problems for the last few updates too

why the hell does every map i make with every version of this program break, whenever i load up a new game it always says I'm defeated, I didnt touch a damn thing other than chaning elevation and addint some snow.

it says no version problems for the last few updates too

you need to put in at least two civs, either with cities or settlers.

Last edit: 16 July 2007

New total A W E S O M E Version in Development

Teaser Movies: (The Release will still last at least 2 weeks since i m going on vacation this weekend)

Any update on this totally AWESOME version that's in development?

I hope this project hasn't been abandoned :)

;P
i'm so sorry i couldn't complete it already but i work on it once in a while, when i find some time for it. Just recently i rewrote the xml parsing to find out what stuff needs to be supported. It's pretty fast now, will parse your whole civ xml files within seconds and find out stuff. Also i did some work on finiding our what mods are installed and where they're, default language and some stuff.

I really wish i could finish it soon (or at all) ... you can only pray for it! I do! And i try to realize it

P.S: I'm really sorry i made some kind of promises and couldn't hold on to them. It's weird to see how some of you would really love to see something like an improved MapView. And that's exactly why i work on it some time when i'm not in the mood of doing something that has higher priority. University really got me busy these days and i really try to get as much time off from computer stuff as i can.

I hope you're not too disappointed but you will know i still work on MapView every now and then. Mayb there's light at the end of the tunnel.

:banana: Awsome you're still working on this :) Whenever it'll be finished i'm sure it'll be great tool :)

Yea, it's good that you're still working on this, and I hope that you have an update for us soon. :)

I´d like to know about anything that nags you about creating scenarios. Whatever it is that´s soaking up your time. Tell me about it. Mayb i can provide a way to make your life easier.

Ok, well if you're doing an update ... there are 2 things that I think would make MapView alot better than it already is (and it is great!).

The first is to let it open up CivBeyondSwordWBSaves. It's not such a big deal to rename them, but it's an extra step that could be cut out.

The second, is to make it possible to edit the text of the WB savefile. It's cool that it displays all the stuff (BeginPlot stuff, BeginPlayer stuff, etc) but it would be really cool if you could make changes and have it save them to the file properly.

Ok, well if you're doing an update ... there are 2 things that I think would make MapView alot better than it already is (and it is great!).

The first is to let it open up CivBeyondSwordWBSaves. It's not such a big deal to rename them, but it's an extra step that could be cut out.

The second, is to make it possible to edit the text of the WB savefile. It's cool that it displays all the stuff (BeginPlot stuff, BeginPlayer stuff, etc) but it would be really cool if you could make changes and have it save them to the file properly.

Hi,
sure you'll be able to load other files too, I just didn't think about anything else but wbs when i made the first version. Try typing *.* in the openin dialog when you want to open one, that will show all files and you won't have to rename it.

About the text display mode, it's not very likely that you're going to be able to do manual changes there.

How's the progress coming along, Gr3yHound?

Problem: On attempting to run this, I get an error: "Civilization 4 is required".

So far as I know, I have Civ4 installed on my computer (or what have I been playing all these years?). Can anyone help?

Top Bottom