The MapView Project - Editor/Viewer

Do you know if it's possible to make this program compatible with Civ IV BTS ?

EDIT : I've tried this and I think that it's compatible. It's the first time I use this program and I like it :) It's easy to modify resources ... But I've 2 questions about teams/players modifications :

-How add civilization/player/team ? I see how add a starting plot but I don't understand how choose the civilization for this plot.
-If I modify a existing map, is it possible to add / delete civilizations ? And how ?

I´m sorry but i´ve no idea what Civ IV BTS is ;)

And it´s not yet possible to edit/add/delete Players/Civilizations yet.

I´m sorry but i´ve no idea what Civ IV BTS is ;)

And it´s not yet possible to edit/add/delete Players/Civilizations yet.

I believe it was possible with YAME CIV IV Editor. Can you include this possibility in our program ?

@lumat:

I already wrote classes for Players, not for Civilizations, even if it´s no big deal i´ll focus on the basic things in the first place. Once i've accomplished the usual things like adding/deleting bonuses/resources/features/cities/units i´ll do such things in the next step. You can probably expect this feature in the first update of the new version. I just want to be quite clean in the way i do the basic stuff so it doesn´t require any application updates to support new content like units/features etc.

@GarretSidzaka:
Could you host me a BTS *.wbs file so i can have a look at it and see what efford it will be please? (if they´re called wbs after all) :)

As you hopeful know by reading my replies the new Version is designed to learn from xml files and then be able to handle the new knowledge. Xml files are read, stuff like "BONUS_COW", "FEATURE_BLUBB", "UNIT_WHATEVER" is read and directly saved into MapView list of what it understands.
You, as the community will have to create
a) A little button for the application
b) A tga file that´s used to display the occurance.
... to make stuff compartible.

So whenever a mod works that way and doesn't introduce new keywords into the *.wbs dictionary MapView should be able to handle it.

(Again, that´s basicly the main goal of the rewrite and also the reason why i don´t rush a first release)

Currently (State of the Code) MapView learns by reading all the most suspecious XML files to learn about stuff, which currently takes ages. I already have a function to save the current "point of knowledge" and reload it whenever you start MapView so you don´t have to wait 5 Minutes everytime you want to tweak something.

That´s the stuff i fight with atm, and since its so essential i need to tweak a lot.

Does BTS, as Warlords just create a subfolder that also contains XML files like Civ4TextInfos.xml etc.?
If so, it should be pretty compartible already, just need to find a nice way to let you as users change the mods so you don´t accidently place Warlods or BTS stuff on a normal Civ4 map, or vice versa etc. pp.

thx dude, i ll have a look

edit: that´s what the file looked when i opened it, didn´t try with my current (ice age-old) release version.
Dindn´t look what´s causing the white parts but that if it´s either railroad/flood plains or railsroad it´s just working as a usual map. Also didn´t find any probnlem in the wbs yet.

Did you rename the file? Or is the file extension original?`(BeyondSwordWBSave)

Attachments

• mapviewbts.jpg
    mapviewbts.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 121
Isn't there a readme or some sort of instruction on how to use this application? I've been trying to use it to insert some authentic civilization starting points, as well as a few civilizations from Beyond the Sword, on the vanilla Europe map, but one issue is halting my progress:

Under the Players tab it says, for example, this:

LeaderType=LEADER_ALEXANDER
CivType=CIVILIZATION_GREECE
PlayableCiv=1
StartingX=44, StartingY=21

However, there's no apparent way to change this information. How do I edit it, if I want to replace him with PERICLES and change the starting position?

Thank you. :)

If it doesn't work in MapView, open the map in any texteditor and modify the terms in the way you need it.

yeah, greyhound you need to have your program edit every single parameter in the BtS World builder Save. then your program will be the uber program for map edit!!!!

If it doesn't work in MapView, open the map in any texteditor and modify the terms in the way you need it.

Duh. It can't be *that* easy can it? Thanks! Like the others, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to change that information. I never woulda guessed....

*kicks dirt*

Where would I go to find a list of what options each of the different values are, to change? What I mean is, I know all of the different handicap's that can be given to players, and how to modify them, but what about things like "gamespeed", or "gameturn", or "calendar" (which only says "default"), etc?

I know I probably went way off-topic, and if there's a better place I should ask this, please advise. =)

My personal opinion on the change the player thing is that its not too important, as you can do it with the exact same ease in notepad. but then again it is nice to have it all in one

im guessing in the upcoming version there will be bonus resource capability (as in being able to place resources youve added to the game)?

and im just expressing my hope (and hoping youll hint) that the program will be out with time to spare in this summer?

thanks and good work, i like the screenshot i just saw

Top Bottom