The Moral Bancruptcy of Anarcho-Capitalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy king

Deity
we all know that unrestricted capitalism leads to extreme power concentrations in the hand of a few capitalist monopolists. (this is an axiom and really not up for discussion, i mean seriously....)
so why do anarcho capitalists on one hand talk about freedom, on the other favour such a system of extreme unfreedom?
stupidity or moral bankruptcy?

This is like the question on the other end of it. Could a capitalist transcation happen in an anarcho-collectivist world?

Moral bankrupt. Capitalists love to exploit the lower classes and the proles.

because they hope to benefit from it

Pretty much this. Libertarians - sorry, "Anracho-Capitalists" - pretty much soil themselves at the thought of unrestricted capitlaism because they think they'll be part of that upper crust.

we all know that unrestricted capitalism leads to extreme power concentrations in the hand of a few capitalist monopolists. (this is an axiom and really not up for discussion, i mean seriously....)
so why do anarcho capitalists on one hand talk about freedom, on the other favour such a system of extreme unfreedom?
First of all, anarcho-capitalism is an absurd term, you might as well talk about anarcho-feudalism, anarcho-fascism or anarcho-monarchism. Those people have nothing to do with anarchism.
Since their fetish is property, propertarianism or my own invention walletarianism makes much more sense.
Secondly, one might say that ignorance is a particulary nasty form of evil. So why not settle for a combination of stupidity and moral bankrupcy?

My ignorance is my own deliberate fault?

I am destroying the world.

It's freedom for the economic elite to do whatever they will. No the freedom of the people as a whole. Not too much different from some libertarians and conservatives in that respect.

They are naive. They do not realise the consequences of their actions.

Apart from the handful of morally bankrupt rich and powerful who just want more money and power.

we all know that unrestricted capitalism leads to extreme power concentrations in the hand of a few capitalist monopolists. (this is an axiom and really not up for discussion, i mean seriously....so why do anarcho capitalists on one hand talk about freedom, on the other favour such a system of extreme unfreedom?

I could rewrite your post talking about communism. we all know that communism leads to totalitarian dictatorships. (this is an axiom and really not up for discussion, i mean seriously....so why do communists on one hand talk about freedom, on the other favour such a system of extreme unfreedom?
But communists don't think their policies lead to unfreedom and totalitarianism. Communists aren't evil people who love dictatorship.

You need to recognize that your intellectual enemies are not self serving, opposed to freedom or consider themselves evil and revel in it. Anarcho capitalists consider themselves promoters of freedom and that their policies will improve the lives of most members of society, rich and poor.

Anarcho Capitalists view the world differently. The generally see taxation as theft, see the government as extremely inefficient in anything it does , don't care about economic equality as much as other political ideologies(they still care about it a little bit though) and see government as creating more monopoly power than it reduces . If you believed that you would probably be an anarcho capitalist too.

I could rewrite your post talking about communism. we all know that communism leads to totalitarian dictatorships. (this is an axiom and really not up for discussion, i mean seriously....so why do communists on one hand talk about freedom, on the other favour such a system of extreme unfreedom?

coz commies r teh stoopidz, no?

Only on the internet is Anarcho-Capitalism considered relevant enough for people to write essays about.

But communists don't think their policies lead to unfreedom and totalitarianism. Communists aren't evil people who love dictatorship.

You need to recognize that your intellectual enemies are not self serving, opposed to freedom or consider themselves evil and revel in it. Anarcho capitalists consider themselves promoters of freedom and that their policies will improve the lives of most members of society, rich and poor.

Anarcho Capitalists view the world differently. The generally see taxation as theft, see the government as extremely inefficient in anything it does , don't care about economic equality as much as other political ideologies(they still care about it a little bit though) and see government as creating more monopoly power than it reduces . If you believed that you would probably be an anarcho capitalist too.

so "stupidity" you say?

sigh... I'm not even going to bother to respond if you don't want to seriously discuss the issue.

look, we all know what unrestricted capitalism leads too. if we dont, we need to brush up on our basic economic knowledge.

now if we ignore that knowledge, or refuse to attain it, we are either stupid or morally bankrupt.

what you just said comes down to the "stupid" explanation.

As hard as it may be to believe, people disagree on the facts. That doesn't make them stupid. Infact, in my own experience, people with radical political ideologies tend to be smarter than average.

What are you thinking of when you say that unrestricted capitalism leads to bad results. Are you thinking that, in the absence of anti-trust laws businesses will grow too large and become start acting like monopolists?

Or are you thinking that rich corporations will use their wealth to buy influence with the government, or the private protection agencies of anarcho capitalism?

If you're thinking of the first, this complaint is not particular to anarcho capitalism. Its more of a complaint against libertarianism/free markets in general. Anyways, I don't think this complaint is obvious. Anti trust is really hard to do effectively. The court cases take a long time and by the time they're finished the accused monopolist often has decreased in market share without the verdict.

Anyways, I don't want to go into too much detail on what you may or may not believe. Tell me more about what is so obvious about the failings of unrestricted capitalism and we can understand where the other side is coming from.

No, they're just insane and psychopathic. The ones I've seen on Czech forums when I still was posting there were always from higher-middle class or upper class background - so they probably believed they'd profit from such a system.

But you need to be crazy to actually believe it would work.

sigh... I'm not even going to bother to respond if you don't want to seriously discuss the issue.
Thats my impression when I read opening post. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom