The Nostalgia Thread

I don't currently own a console but back when I was a kid we had a PlayStation 2, and it was a fine machine. I miss seating myself on the floor next to the TV to play those games, trying to convince myself that The Simpsons Skateboarding was worth playing etc.

There are some aspects of my early days at CFC that I miss, even. The forum games for instance. Also we no longer bet our avatars on the results of presidential elections. I fondly remember losing that bet (McCain was robbed) and having to write in my signature about how dumb I am.

During my youth, I always keep a perfume and use it mostly when I hang out Saturday night.

within this perfume, all of my memory from second and third grade of highschool are packed. Each time I smell it, I revisit those days, like I feel it.

I like nostalgia, sometime I play Breath of Fire 2 from snes, just to visit the moment. I'm in my best moment of my life today, but the joy at that time is unchangeable

Last edited:
Sometimes I miss being able to be smart and still feel ordinary.
Wait, what? You're surrounded by people much smarter than yourself here on CFCOT.

The lulz

Why else would anyone stick around on a discussion forum?

(And for the record, I actually find you a pretty smart cookie, Tim.)

Last edited:
I get nostalgic for old video games but I've revisited enough of them to realize they're so far behind the state of the art that I can't enjoy them. I don't get nostalgic for much else but I was an unhappy person longer than I've been a happy one so I don't have a deep well of positive memories to draw from.

I get nostalgic for old video games but I've revisited enough of them to realize they're so far behind the state of the art that I can't enjoy them. I don't get nostalgic for much else but I was an unhappy person longer than I've been a happy one so I don't have a deep well of positive memories to draw from.

I get nostalgic for old video games as well for one reason - only in 2015 I bought a PC which is up-to-date enough to play everything I wanted.

During 90s and early 2000s there were so, so many games I wanted to play, but I was often 8 ram, then 64 ram, then 256 ram short. After 2000 I was usually short in GPU department, because I had a Riva Tnt video card while modern games required Geforce 3 or better. My dad bought me new PCs two times in a 10 year period - that was way too seldom in 90s.

That's too bad man. I kind of know what you mean. Some of my favorite video games that got me through bad times in my life are simply not available anymore, I would like to play them but can't :(

It's not only games but also the friends who played them with me. There were LAN parties that will never happen again not because the game is unavailable but because old friends are gone from my life (and even if they weren't...adult time commitments are wack).

I get nostalgic for when this forum was basically the entirety of my social life, my main window into my internet culture, and main place for political discussions.

Wait did I say nostalgic, I meant horrified.

I get nostalgic for when this forum was basically the entirety of my social life, my main window into my internet culture, and main place for political discussions.

Wait did I say nostalgic, I meant horrified.

*spraying water from squirt bottle* no! no!

That's too bad man. I kind of know what you mean. Some of my favorite video games that got me through bad times in my life are simply not available anymore, I would like to play them but can't :(

It's not only games but also the friends who played them with me. There were LAN parties that will never happen again not because the game is unavailable but because old friends are gone from my life (and even if they weren't...adult time commitments are wack).
I am fortunate in that I did not have a gaming-capable PC growing up so the old games I'm nostalgic for are on console for the most part and I can still buy them and play them if I wanted - I even kept most of my old PS2/N64 games from childhood to pass on to my kids. But every time I have booted up one of the old ones, I get bored 15 minutes in. The main problem is usually terrible controls.

Smartwatch of the olden days :old:

Never had a better watch .... ehhhhh....

They don't make watches like they used to these days I tell Ya :mischief:

I've never worn a watch.

I miss pinball arcades. I was very good at pinball. And where the most complicated arcade game was defender.

The only watch i've worn for 30 years. When the battery wears out, I just buy a new one.

I miss pinball arcades. I was very good at pinball. And where the most complicated arcade game was defender.

The only watch i've worn for 30 years. When the battery wears out, I just buy a new one.

I had a watch Iike that for a long while but eventually a new battery would've cost more than a new watch.

I had a watch Iike that for a long while but eventually a new battery would've cost more than a new watch.
Actually the battery is only a few bucks but it's such a pain in the butt to change and by the time it needs it the crystal is usually pretty scratched, I just get a new one for about 25 bucks. Cheap as far as I'm concerned. It would probably be 10 to 15 to get the guy at the store for a new battery and for him to change it for me.

Top Bottom