The Official "I've Got It!" Thread. Post here....

JUST BOUGHT AT GAMESTOP!!! WOOT! CivIV reaches OK!!! (I cancelled my order with Amazon.com. ANYONE WHO ORDERED FROM AMAZON SHOULD JUST GO BUY IT AT A BRICK-MORTAR STORE.)

Just got it from EB in the MeadowWoods Mall in Reno NV.

Standard version came wirth tech tree poster, discs and gluebound manual.
Tech tree poster is in english.

Got it, installing it as I write this!

I bailed work early with the goal of getting the game. Hit Frys, no luck, BestBuy, no luck, then the GameStop right next to my house and was about to give up when the clerk asked me what I was looking for (they only sell a handful of PC games at all).

They had one copy that wasn't reserved (they got 6 total copies). He had to check thru their preorder receipts (all thru the C's) and before he was halfway thru the stack he'd found 4 Civ IV receipts...I was dyin'. However, his total count was only 5, which meant there was a SE copy for me!

Dance, dance, dance!

So, if you're in North Phoenix and preordered via the GameStop th 101/17 interchange, you're copy is waiting as of 11:30ish AZ time.

Ciao!

I got the call at 11:30am my pre-order was in at the EB in Provo, UT. I went down and picked it up on my lunch break. Seemed like they had a few extra copies, although I didn't ask. Went home and installed, ran it once to make sure it worked, then had to head back to work.

It was a nice surprise getting it today; new releases often don't seem to arrive here until Thursday.

I also ordered a copy from gamestop.com for my dad who lives in Chico, CA, and it's reportedly on the Fed-Ex truck awaiting delivery. Looks like a happy day in the family.

ive been devirginized by civ this was my first game in franchies. right away i played a 3 hour game. .... if only i didnt work

My EB didn't get any pre-order versions so I bought a regular version. Still had a tech tree which is what I wanted most. The spiral book would be nice. Don't care about Keyboard Template since I use ZBoard.

Left work at noon, wrote down a list of addresses of Gamestops, EBs, Babbages, consider which are closest to Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Compusa, etc. Drove to EB (most convenient in the direction I chose). They had it. Several copies, just out of the box and on the floor behind the counter. Paid, went to lunch reading the manual.

Back at the office, hoping my home laptop has T&L so I'm not tethered to the desktop.

If you are in Raleigh/Durham, at 1pm they had at least 5 copies at EB Games in the Centrum Shopping center in Cary - it's near Crossroads on Walnut where the BJs and Carolina Ale House are. Go get 'em.

I got it!!! Now goodbye to you all, I won't be back on for awhile. Oh, and could somebody order me a pizza? I left the door unlocked so I don't have to move from the computer screen. ONE MORE TURN...ONE MORE TURN...

I GOT IT FROM BEST BUY!!!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! JUST FINISHED INSTALLATION!!!! With that said... Check up on me in a week and see if I'm still eating...

Chris1111 said:
Got the special edition from EBGames spiral bound manual,soundtrack and all for 49.99. woot!

Who needs to pre-order :p Thought the special edition was only for them.

Several things may have happened. Some stores oder extra of the special editions "just in case". And people who pre-order occassionally cancel. So, stores will have an extra SE or two. First one in the door gets it.

Congratulations on your good fortune! :goodjob:

Just got back from Northgate Mall - Durham, NC. Just preorders in. Really glad I had one now! Of course, it's technically my wife's birthday present so I have to wait 'til she's home. :p

And while my bandwidth lasts, here's a picture for those who want to see the 'bible'.

Malenchite

GOt it. The local Gamestop was shocked it got a 2nd UPS delivery in, whoch had Civ IV. I almost ended up driving 80 minutes to Madison (and 80 mins back) but thankfully the nice Gamestop guy called me before I head out seeing as I had called 20 times! LOL

FINALLY! and the Bonus CD has TWO great songs, the Civ 1 theme and the one cool diplomacy theme you get when you look at the civs on the civ 4 page

FLEE TO CIV 4!!!

I just picked up a pre-sell version at the Gamestop on Everett Mall Way in Everett, WA. :goodjob: I had ordered one from Amazon (which I have now cancelled).
It looks great. Now I have to get offline so I can install it and play.:D

Well my good Friend went to EB on a chance that they might have it in stock since Best Buy and others did not.

BINGO! They had a few in stock. Turns out they sold him 2 games, one for me and one for him. The kicker is they are the Pre-Order games. Nice! I do not think the young lady that sold them...should have. I'll bet some other person is gonna be ticked off when they come in and find out they do not have their pre-order Civ4 in stock.

So far a decent looking game. I tried to click on UPDATE...but it only locks up the computer...totally! I have to hard boot to get out of it.

It sure looks nice in 1600X1200 resolution as well. I knew getting that Dell 2001FP UltraSharp would pay off.

I got mine this morning. I had pre-ordered from the EB at a nearby mall, and have it installed. I do have a few packaging concerns...mainly the switching of the play and install disks (The "install disk" is the one used to play the game!), and the chinese-finger-trap disk holder that you virtually have to tear to get the disks out. I think I'll just grab a couple of jewel cases and keep the original holder in the box for looks and packaging completeness. I didn't get the French tech tree. Other than that, I like it so far. I decided to play the tutorial just to see if there were any important changes from what I'm used to. It runs a little choppy, but that's probably due to a lack of memory on my part (only 256 MB), or possibly because of that big text box with an animated "El Sid" giving me directions. I haven't played a regular game yet, though.

Got the special edition from Gamestop. Just called them up and asked if they had Civ IV, drove over at lunch and sure enough. I was surprised when I got there and was sold the pre-order edition. :)

Top Bottom