1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Which I did and practically no one used as they preferred to use the modmod's thread or this one for some reason

Leoreth and DarkLunaPhantom like this.
  2. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I guess people who are new are not aware it exists after it drops out of the first page.

1SDAN likes this.
  3. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Even when it was on the front page other threads were used instead IIRC

Leoreth likes this.
  4. keli

keli Prince

Tech research rate of Britain is insane, but on Emperor difficulty, it's ridiculous:
    upload_2020-10-25_22-41-7.png

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  5. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Something pretty funny happened in DoC! This is not something in the game like Inca colonizing Africa or something.
    I played a game with Rome and won for the first time, at the end of the game as you probably know it tells you what famous leaders skills you have shown during the game.
    Well take a look at the picture.
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

That's accurate:lol:! I was literally playing Augustus Caesar and the game told me that I showed his ability, when I was playing him!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  6. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

Damn!!! How were you able to win for the first time? I always have a hard time capturing all of the historical territories of Rome while building Aqueducts and Granaries and the same time while getting all the required technology for historical victory.

7. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Yeah, this was like my 100th match with Rome in DoC and RFC. Maybe I could do a strategy guide but the main reason I won was that Greece had Pompeii and when Pompeii revolted and joined my empire on the 2nd turn Greece declared war on me and I got 4 new legions. So I practically started with 8 legions and 3 cities.
    Anyway I'm trying to find around 10 hilarious unexpected things that have happened in DoC, but DoC mechanic makes it very very very hard to alter history!

Crimean Lord and borhap88 like this.
  8. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

Well, very accurate, but almost easy to get Augustus Caesar's level, playing as Augustus Caesar.

The hard challange is to get Hamurrabi's level, playing as Hamurrabi.

9. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

That's true, the easiest to get is Dan Quayle, I get it almost all the time:lol:!

10. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

I can't believe!
    Egypt is orthodox, Romans are orthodox, i'm surrounded by orthodox cities, and connected to them with routes and open borders, i'm in time to get Orthodoxy within 5 turns, and...

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

11. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

That means Leoreth the man did his job very well in making one of the best mod mods in Civilization series!

12. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

That is exactly what I meant!

13. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

What mod? :confused:
    RFC DoC IS the game. :king:

The vanillla one is a mod. :lol:

phoenixfire7 likes this.
  14. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Technically DoC is based on RFC so it is a modmod of RFC, though because DoC is changing so much I think with the 1.7 update it will be more recognized as a mod and not a modmod of RFC.
    I for one recognize it as a mod because other then the RFC spawn mechanic it is very very very different then RFC.

1SDAN and Gritzeldrei like this.
  15. Zaddy

Zaddy Warlord

Spoiler :
    upload_2020-11-15_15-40-4.png

A stable and strong Byzantine Empire at the top of the scoreboard in 1600. Not pictured is Byzantine Kyiv and Berlin, and a vassalized Muscovy.

1SDAN and Louis the XIV like this.
  16. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

I wonder what would happen if someone gave AI Rome one Modern Armour, or scenarios like that. That might be something interesting to try one day - what if ancient Egypt could resist Rome, Arabia, and ever so on, with their Infantry? Or what if the Seljuks or Mongols could just roll over everyone with their Gunships?

17. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

Well the Mongols already practically act as if they have 50 gunships. They usually conquer all of China in 10 turns, Persia in between 5 and 15 turns, Russia sometimes they conquer at the end, and most of the time they get to Jerusalem and are going hard against the Ottomans with a HUGE army! I mean like 30-50 Magudai's or whatever they are called, 20-40 Keshiks and a ton of bombards, and then collapse in 1400-1500 AD.
    Yes I know, I play DoC for so long I already know the cycle usual cycle of every civ:lol:

18. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Chieftain

The Mongolians are a real unstopable force if you play in Marathon. Their only weakness is there ballooning overextension. In one game AI Mongolia controlled all of the Middle East and even parts of North Africa.

Louis the XIV likes this.
  19. troubleshooting

troubleshooting Chieftain

Had a recent game where the moors wiped out Spain before I spawned as France. After they controlled the entire Muslim world, they got into a massive war with an uncharacteristically long-lived Mongolia over Egypt around 1600.

20. Louis the XIV

Louis the XIV Sun King

The Moors cycle of gameplay is that they usually lose their one city in Spain in about 1050 - 1300 AD and then conquer the coast of North Africa all the way to Cairo.
    I think I should open an AI guide of DoC explaining what the AI does 90% of the time.

Imp. Knoedel and need my speed like this.