The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

The Scottish Ghulam warriors just blew my mind !

Name what's wrong with this picture.

Uhhh... Seljuks didn't invade?

Byzantines still alive and well?

Bad English city placement?

Despite the encouraging Baghdad capital, Arabia did not go for Anatolia?

By the way, I think UU mercenaries should stop, otherwise we get un-historicity.

It's not only the UUs though, I just got a catalan war elephant which was pretty hilarious.

Has anyone else ever noticed the interesting promotions? I always love to see mercs having forest 1,2, and 3 but never going up to combat 5.

Has anyone else ever noticed the interesting promotions? I always love to see mercs having forest 1,2, and 3 but never going up to combat 5.
That's because Woodsman doesn't branch off whereas combat branches to almost everything and so woodsman only enables woodsman 2 there is a higher probability than with combat which opens like four doors, then combat II opens another couple. Simple probability my friend

Yrs, but they go up the woodsman line before going up the combat line. Somehow if I am not fighting in Siberia this is not very useful, and I never spend the extra money to get these mercs, much easier to whip and not cost as much.

I might just try and found Protestanism in Athens, just to complete the set :)

I wasnt quite sure whether this should be in the bugs section, or the OMG section...

Happened when i built the apostalic palace in Athens to move the catholic holy city from Babylon to me, and it founded orthodoxy and gave me the hagia sophia too.

I might just try and found Protestanism in Athens, just to complete the set :)

I wasnt quite sure whether this should be in the bugs section, or the OMG section...

Happened when i built the apostalic palace in Athens to move the catholic holy city from Babylon to me, and it founded orthodoxy and gave me the hagia sophia too.

It's not a bug, you were the only living candidate to found orhodoxy after AP was build.

Money!

Spread both and found Protestantism.

Last time I was OCCing, I founded all three Christianities too :D
It's supposed to be 'fixed' now I think, building the AP as an Eastern Christian should give Orthodoxy to Western Europe.

A couple of wonderful Middle Easts:
Spoiler :

Vikings take Anatolia !!!

Mamlukes, not New Kingdom

Russia?

Conquests
Spoiler :

Celts take Rome, not that common early on

Okay, what is with South Asians and that city?

Korean Mongols

Seljuks go the wrong way

I didn't touch this one

Nasty Barbs, Arabia survives later due to lack of Seljuk stability

Vikings are at it again, this time for Austria

Expansion, anyone?
Spoiler :

Also notice the Islam in La Habana

Anyone ever seen the AI do this before?

Catholicism being founded by Greece and Rome, in interesting places
Spoiler :

Ah, Nubia, the cradle of Christianity

Or perhaps the Romans coming in gave a person light.

Vikings remembered Russian ancestry and conquered their relatives' lands; Napoleon profited from the lack of general winter (Vikings feasting on ambrosia and nectar all the time and razing towns made things a lot warmer in Russia) and conquers Moscow; the Portuguese profit from the situation and set up trading posts in the Baltics and Kiev enters a personal union with the Venetians?

:crazyeye:

Thailand seems to be a bit missing too, but you are the Prussians (Americans?). Uh, congratulations super-Khmer!

post #691
-expansion, last pic-

found that city? all the time here.. Falklands..

Expansion, anyone?
Spoiler :

I take it back. That is the worst Aztec city placement I've ever seen. And since when does native culture override Spanish culture in Cuba?

I think you missed the two Hindu Aztec cities and the Buddhist Aztec capital.

Indeed, and this was from 600 AD as well

Also funny... I had a couple games in a row with no Thailand spawn

Native always dominates from Temple of Kulkulkan.

Always have to take (and usually burn) Chichen Itza

I am America, this is in about 1730. I always find the world more interesting pre-spawn. As you can imagine, I tried again.

Anyone else notice Inca collapsing naturally?

Also, these days whenever a European civ collapses France always seems very happy to pick up all the pieces.
I can post some pictures of this if you would like.
Maybe start a thread called Civilization Bipolarism starting with Vikings, Spain, France, and maybe Thailand or Khmer.

In the Korea one, apparently they were at war with Russia and later took Kostroma and Novodvinsk.

I'm not sure to what extent this is an OMG moment, since I haven't played RFC DOC for a long time. Still it's kinda fascinating for me since I've never seen an AI manage to tech Liberalism pre 1400s.
Spoiler :

Fun facts:
To get that precious copper, which I needed for my Maces, I had to settle a city at southernmost tile of the Incan lands.
Built the Great Library in Oxwitik in 1300 AD.
Maya seem to have a very fragile stability. Mine was about -25 on the turn I won.

I'm not sure to what extent this is an OMG moment, since I haven't played RFC DOC for a long time. Still it's kinda fascinating for me since I've never seen an AI manage to tech Liberalism pre 1400s.

Yes that's unusual, probably India's tech is faster now because they have less cities with the Tamils.
I really wondered why you settled on that silver until I realised resource tiles now give more yields when there is a city on it. Great plan, by the way: that's a lot of extra commerce you get from the start :)

Indeed. Makes the UHV1 (get Calendar by 600AD) much easier.

Spoiler :

This is what I mean with France going Bezerk on Dead civs recently.

The other side : if everybody lives, they don't take over anything.

Top Bottom