The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Americans used to hate the Irish, Italian, and other European immigrants. Now we like them, and now we hate the Latino immigrants. That's a touchy subject though.

@Weird Europe: I'd say I've seen weirder, but I'm pretty sure we've all seen an Islamic Europe at some point on a 3000 BC start.

US still dislikes Catholics which is ironic because Squanto was Catholic and saved the Pilgrims (who later tortured and murder any Catholics they found)

Oh yes, and I collapsed the next turn. The only unhistorical (red area) cities I got as Arabia were Venice, Rome, Athens, Lefkosa, Anavarin and Jajce (Zadar if you are Germany). Is that too much? I wasn't THAT big. (Tiran is yellow).
And I had a Summer Palace build in Delhi. Now I remember why I didn't play them in months. I always collapse.

Repeat after me: no more than 10 cities if you want to survive into domination mode and have a scientific/stability advantage.:)
The Arabs never ventured that far into Italy (only Sicily) or Greece.

Repeat after me: no more than 10 cities if you want to survive into domination mode and have a scientific/stability advantage.
The Arabs never ventured that far into Italy (only Sicily) or Greece.

I know, but I thought there was at least some tolerance for non-historical expansion? And I thought it was kinda cool to make Italy and Greece part of my Great Islamic Empire.

After I conquered Byzantion I just couldn't help myself going further in that direction.

I know, but I thought there was at least some tolerance for non-historical expansion? And I thought it was kinda cool to make Italy and Greece part of my Great Islamic Empire.

After I conquered Byzantion I just couldn't help myself going further in that direction.

32 tiles

Rolled an 3000B.C start and went to worlbuilder to check out the world because rome converted to hinduism at my second turn. So I found out that europe had only two cities with religions: Byzantion and Rome.

And while that is not the omg, happens a lot, christianity has been founded in Al Quds, and Egypt is christian.

Attachments

• kj0000.JPG
    kj0000.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 357
  • hgf0000.JPG
    hgf0000.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 339
Second start where no Berlin is founded...
Maybe has to do with Rome building a city in Germany, and so occupying the Berlin tile.

Second start where no Berlin is founded...
Maybe has to do with Rome building a city in Germany, and so occupying the Berlin tile.

I believe the player is Germany in this start and he has only done the right move by not founding Berlin.

I've got some coool screenshots of some America 3000 BC starts I had when trying out RFC Marathon to see what would happen. How should I post these?

What AI? I was playing as Arabia if you haven't noticed.

My bad. You cannot conquer as fast as the real Arabs did. I now notice the Arab emblem on the lower right. Reaching Spain can be a pain actually, with all those 'desert bandits' harassing you in those poor North African towns.

My bad. You cannot conquer as fast as the real Arabs did. I now notice the Arab emblem on the lower right. Reaching Spain can be a pain actually, with all those 'desert bandits' harassing you in those poor North African towns.

Tell me about it. What's the deal with barbarian Impi's spawning in the middle of the Sahara?

I don't care for UHV's, so I wasn't going for Spain anyway. I already had Italy and Greece.

Tell me about it. What's the deal with barbarian Impi's spawning in the middle of the Sahara?

More importantly, what's the deal with barbarian war elephants spawning in the middle of the Sahara? Elephants are big, don't they need a ton of water? The Sahara isn't exactly the best place to find water, after all.

Top Bottom