The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Some games I have started last night

Look at all the Dutch colonies! And Babylons' culture! And the Statue of Liberty in some backwater Siberian town!

what is this i don't even

Look at all the Dutch colonies! And Babylons' culture! And the Statue of Liberty in some backwater Siberian town!

what is this i don't even

We can see this ourselves. We can see screenshots too, but maybe you forgotten.

Hey some people can't tell what's the big deal in each picture, give the guy a break for pointing out the obvious.

maybe not so OMGWTFBBQ
but i live in Leiden, so that was kinda funny to see it in america
just too bad it was taken over by the americans

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 397
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 352

No, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can see them. :shifty:

And pointing out the obvious is my job. Not everyone takes the time to look at tiny pictures, you know.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can see them. :shifty:

And pointing out the obvious is my job. Not everyone takes the time to look at tiny pictures, you know.

I was just a bit sarcastic. (Sorry if you took it as an offense):blush:

But if people don't look at those pictures, I recommend them not to look at this thread. I think they do, because those pictures are the OMGs.

I was just a bit sarcastic. (Sorry if you took it as an offense):blush:

But if people don't look at those pictures, I recommend them not to look at this thread. I think they do, because those pictures are the OMGs.

Sarcasm never goes over well on the internet. Your tone and body language just can't be expressed through mere words. And that's a true statement, but some people are odd. This is a pretty big site, you never know who might turn up.

Just loaded up America on a 3000 BC start, and the world was weirder than I've seen it in any of my games thus far. Despite only having 3 colonies in America, the British were the most powerful nation on the planet, just ahead of a super-powered, continental Holy Islamic Empire. Most European nations, except England, were Muslim, Portugal was a vassal of Germany, and so was Arabia. Turkey's around but relatively small, with a powerful but aging Persia still in the east. (It collapsed a few turns after this.)

I knew something was up when I noticed the indy French colonies to my west, and found that France had amassed a colonial empire, only to be collapsed, and then gobbled up by England and Germany. Germany, remarkably, is still at Stable/Shaky stability, which is odd for a country which is known to collapse from being poked too hard.

England declared on me on the 3rd town, but their last city in Canada, Fort Albany, was given to Germany in a congress immediately afterward. After sending my initial troops in my starting galleons to England, I razed Plymouth and London, leaving the English to collapse. I found that Mongolia was unusually big, having collapsed and swallowed up most of China and Korea. Japan's doing okay for itself.

I found to my south that the Dutch had got the conquerors event on the Aztecs, but not, apparently, the Mayans. The Mayans were an independent, Muslim nation, whom I vassalized a few turns later. All in all, a very strange save indeed.

Spoiler :

EDIT: Some years later, Rome and Greece gained independence.

's Gravenhage in North Africa. Really... I would've renamed that one to Driesteden.

You mean the translation for Tripolis? Only in Dutch such a translation is possible... reminds me how cool my/our language is...

Just loaded up America on a 3000 BC start, and the world was weirder than I've seen it in any of my games thus far. Despite only having 3 colonies in America, the British were the most powerful nation on the planet, just ahead of a super-powered, continental Holy Islamic Empire. Most European nations, except England, were Muslim, Portugal was a vassal of Germany, and so was Arabia. Turkey's around but relatively small, with a powerful but aging Persia still in the east.

I just finished a 3000BC start as the Russians. India and eastward was Buddhist, while west of India was probably 75% Muslim and the rest Buddhist.

I just finished a 3000BC start as the Russians. India and eastward was Buddhist, while west of India was probably 75% Muslim and the rest Buddhist.

OMG, that historical! (Exept that there was no Hinduism)

*feels proud about his nation notes Roma should be 1 W*

*feels proud about his nation notes Roma should be 1 W*

If you haven't noticed, Roma should be somewhere between those 2 tiles, but since that's impossible both tiles are called Roma. Like many other cities have more than 1 tile with their name on it.

The Romans allways spawn 1 W and that city will then be auto-razed, because they otherwise wouldn't have Roma as capital.

BTW, is it offensive to a Greek person to say you can't see the difference between a Greek and a Turk?

I've been on vacation in both countries and I can't understand both languages and racially the populations aren't so different, are they?

Top Bottom