The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

AI Napoleon shows his true colors, taking over the Netherlands, Iberia, Italy and Dalmatia, in quasi-historical fashion. I don't usually see an aggressive France, so this was quite a surprise to me!

Spain capitulated to France after Napoleon took Barcelona and Madrid, then collapsed. A couple turns before this screenshot, they respawned (curiously, they are still named "Departments of Spain" despite no longer being a French vassal), forming an interesting border situation. Spanish troops can get from Madrid to La Coruña, and French troops can get from Bordeaux to Lisboa, even though they don't have open borders.

Attachments

• French-Empire.jpg
    French-Empire.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 1,835
AI Napoleon shows his true colors, taking over the Netherlands, Iberia, Italy and Dalmatia, in quasi-historical fashion. I don't usually see an aggressive France, so this was quite a surprise to me!

Spain capitulated to France after Napoleon took Barcelona and Madrid, then collapsed. A couple turns before this screenshot, they respawned (curiously, they are still named "Departments of Spain" despite no longer being a French vassal), forming an interesting border situation. Spanish troops can get from Madrid to La Coruña, and French troops can get from Bordeaux to Lisboa, even though they don't have open borders.

cool glitch
check it, total slaughter festival

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,672
What glitch?

& @Dumanios:
Arabia for Meso-America and New England
French- New York (something to do with Verrazano)
Japanese and Chinese for the Western Seaboard, as well as Hawaii

Incan for South Africa
Indian for Chile and Peru
Arabian for Meso-America and New England
French for NYC
Japanese and Chinese for Western Seaboard and Hawaii
Anyone else for anywhere else

I think this belongs in a different thread...

In the attached image below, there is a worker that wants to build a pasture. He cannot. It is clearly a bug. In fact, I almost reported it in the bug thread.

:cry:

Stupid German culture border colour...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 1,653
Um, am I missing something here? Your culture does not include that tile. That is often the case when I ask myself, why is the German white so inconspicuous?

I just finished a rather strange game as Carthage.
I was going for the UHV, so I conquered Egypt and Mesopotamia, and settled two cities in northwestern Africa. Due to a plague and barbarians, I lost all my cities, except the ones in Egypt. So I played the majority of the game as Carthage, but in Egypt. Kind of weird.
But the strangest thing was Rome. I don't remember if Rhye made any changes to them in the latest patch, but they seem so much stronger now. In my game as Persia, they actually nearly took Jerusalem, before I got there.
It could be the fact that there was no real competitation (no Carthage or Egypt for the AI to worry about), but they were stable up until about 1500 (when I won).
One of the weird things that ended up happening with this uber-powerful Rome was that they carried out the Crusades. I think they started at war with Arabia, so they sent some troops to attack Jerusalem (around AD 1000 - when the real Crusades happened). They (Rome) managed to get gunpowder by Turkey's spawn, and eventually won the fight, taking Hierusalem. The Romans were able to do what the Crusaders weren't.
They also defeated the Germans, and expanded north to Konigsberg. France took Hamburg.
Oh, and they vassalized Mali.
(And if you look in one of the screenshots, Turkey is Buddhist. Not ridiculously strange, but not something you see every game)

Attachments

• The Crusades0000.JPG
    The Crusades0000.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,159
  • Carthaginian Columbus and Successful Crusade0001.JPG
    Carthaginian Columbus and Successful Crusade0001.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 935
  • Rome on Roids and Buddhist Turkey0000.JPG
    Rome on Roids and Buddhist Turkey0000.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 951
  • Roman Mali0000.JPG
    Roman Mali0000.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 898
Um, am I missing something here? Your culture does not include that tile. That is often the case when I ask myself, why is the German white so inconspicuous?

Exactly! I thought my culture was in that tile until I studied it very carefully and discovered it wasn't. I was only looking at the screenshot again because I was trying to find a website to upload it to, so I could make a nice and pretty bug report. :crazyeye:

I just finished a rather strange game as Carthage.
I was going for the UHV, so I conquered Egypt and Mesopotamia, and settled two cities in northwestern Africa. Due to a plague and barbarians, I lost all my cities, except the ones in Egypt. So I played the majority of the game as Carthage, but in Egypt. Kind of weird.
But the strangest thing was Rome. I don't remember if Rhye made any changes to them in the latest patch, but they seem so much stronger now. In my game as Persia, they actually nearly took Jerusalem, before I got there.
It could be the fact that there was no real competitation (no Carthage or Egypt for the AI to worry about), but they were stable up until about 1500 (when I won).
One of the weird things that ended up happening with this uber-powerful Rome was that they carried out the Crusades. I think they started at war with Arabia, so they sent some troops to attack Jerusalem (around AD 1000 - when the real Crusades happened). They (Rome) managed to get gunpowder by Turkey's spawn, and eventually won the fight, taking Hierusalem. The Romans were able to do what the Crusaders weren't.
They also defeated the Germans, and expanded north to Konigsberg. France took Hamburg.
Oh, and they vassalized Mali.
(And if you look in one of the screenshots, Turkey is Buddhist. Not ridiculously strange, but not something you see every game)

I had a similar situation as Spain. After switching from Carthage I expanded rapidly, and when I conquered Rome, I moved the capitol there, because I was unstable, but would rather keep Rome than Madrid. So ended up playing as the Spanish crown in exile or whatever. I went to game options and changed my short name to Italy, but kept my long description, kind of like Taiwan/Republic of China.

I had a game where I was Egypt and won the UHV so keep going to see how long I could survive and if I could get to the 20th Century.

If you play from 3000 BC Start I notice that religions get all messed up (Rome and Ethopia - Buddhist and most of Europe Islamic) while the Turks and Persians and myself were Jewish but later Turks went Islamic.

Well in this game Arabia colonized the new world, south africa, and indonesia but finally collapsed. France arose to a superpower and has Mali and Aztecs as vassals. In fact it has slowly become a collapse fest with

Carthage, Spain, Babylon, Rome, Arabia, Carthage, and Incas all collapsing. In fact I have yet to play a game where the Incas have not collapsed or been conquered so it was funny hearing about the Incas earlier.

As I said before, religion stories do not suprise me because I have seen it all and it is actually common if you do the 3000 start to see religions go awry, that is why I like the 600 start for most modern civs.

Another thing that was wierd was all the defensive pacts and there was no war. Funny thing is Turkey, Egypt (myself) and Persia had a 3 way defensive alliance with each other and had the entire middle east.

I hate to post about every single game I play, but it seems like something strange (or many strange things) happens every time.
This time, I was the Japanese. Playing for the UHV takes forever, it took me 4 nights of a few hours each.
First screenshot - Never seen this before. Note that Mali is my vassal.
Second screenshot - Anyone have an explanation for how this happened? My guess is that it's the Turkish UP at work, though I have no idea how that would bring Egyptian culture over there. I also used WB to check, none of the Egyptian cities had an abnormal amount of culture, so it wouldn't be that.
Third screenshot - The Incans survived because of me, I'll say that. I got the conquerors and destroyed half their cities before they capitulated. They managed to stay stable, but renounced my rule. Then they expanded rapidly, covering the entire western coast of Central and South America. Oh, and they founded a city in North America (in what would be Montana, I think), but that was traded to the Americans in a congress. Spain went crazy with their expansion - they colonized all of sub-Saharan Africa (with the exception of Mombasa), all of SA that wasn't Incan, the Philippines, and Mexico. Granted, there were no Portuguese to hinder them.
Fourth screenshot - The Incans have reached Indonesia again. The Indians won Sachu in a congress, I think, but somehow lost Govapuri to the Turks. Also, any orange in the minimap is Turkish, so yes, that's a Turkish city in Canada and yes, that's a Turkish Mombasa.

Attachments

• civ4w-20090806-015718.jpg
    civ4w-20090806-015718.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Weird Culture0000.JPG
    Weird Culture0000.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,395
  • WTF INCA0000.JPG
    WTF INCA0000.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,339
  • Japanese Empire0000.JPG
    Japanese Empire0000.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,347
I think Mansa Musa thinks that if he trades Ecology it'll help you get the spaceship, so you'll win, so he'll lose. And he doesn't want to lose. (like he has any chance anyway)

The Egyptian culture thing seems somewhat normal since the city of Al-Raqqah is actually Egyptian...

But colonization is really weird! Nice to see Spanish Phillipines. And those Incas are just crazy. I'm sure they would have tried to conquer the whole world if the Spanish hadn't stopped them.

Fly a spy to Wagadugu and steal your precious ecology.:lol:

The Egyptian culture thing seems somewhat normal since the city of Al-Raqqah is actually Egyptian...
Wow, my bad. Egypt was my vassal yet I didn't know which cities were theirs. :)
It still looks weird though, or at least I think it does.

Um, get a used copy of BTS for $5 on Amazon?:crazyeye:

We've gone through this before. ;)
If you were curious though, I ended up researching Ecology in 1 turn later on. Very effective job by Mansa Musa.

Two things from my current Monarch game as Russia (just completed the first UHV).
1) Reason to collapse: Don't capture Dublin
2) Rommel completed his plan 250 years before (@Dumanios, Zach: Add Germany to N. Africa)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0032.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0033.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,374
Top Bottom