[RD] The origin of post-truth politics.

I said in "your' segment of reality. I'm not asking for a dissertation of the effects of free trade on the American economy, I'm asking how it has affected them personally. That's how democracy works, you see.

I don't know what you mean by this at all.

You know, @Mouthwash, you're not wrong. But what you're doing is discrediting dialogue as a whole, and pretty soon the only response left will be violence. Which, I guess based off your praise for barbecue and religiosity and however your drunk uncle decides to treat you, is acceptable to you.

Which, I guess based off your praise for barbecue and religiosity and however your drunk uncle decides to treat you, is acceptable to you.

You should read what he writes about how Israel treats the Palestinians. I like to refer to it as the Mouthwash Theory of Justified/Defensive Ethnic Cleansing.

I don't know what you mean by this at all.

Then I guess our conversation is over.

You know, @Mouthwash, you're not wrong. But what you're doing is discrediting dialogue as a whole,

College educated SJWs have the vote, just the same as rural hicks. I don't see much reason to dialogue with people who are working hard to drown others out.

and pretty soon the only response left will be violence.

Real revolutions are driven by need. Nobody who gets on the internet and discovers that "all the scholars" say women and muslims are being oppressed is going to throw their own skin out there, although they will likely post fuming diatribes online.

Then I guess our conversation is over.

Usually when someone tells me they don't understand what I said, I try to help them understand rather than coldly ending the conversation. Something to think about, maybe.

Usually when someone tells me they don't understand what I said, I try to help them understand rather than coldly ending the conversation. Something to think about, maybe.

There are two conditions under which that doesn't apply (at least for me). The first is if it's already as clear as it should reasonably be. The second is if you annoy/denigrate me in ways that don't merit a response.

Top Bottom