1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Realms Beyond - Succession Game Discussions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Sirian, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Zeviz

Zeviz Chieftain

2. Liquidated

Liquidated Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!

oh man my bad!!! lol sorry.

3. Soul oWar

Soul oWar Chieftain

RB11: Gandhi, the silent aggressor.

Large Pangaea Map
    Epic Speed Gandhi on Prince Difficulty
    8 AI (Alexander, Genghis Khan, Huayna Capac, Julius Ceasar, Montezuma, Napoleon, Saladin, Tokugawa)
    No City Razing
    Raging Barbarian
    Always War

Anyone would be interested in taking our UU vs the world most aggressive AI? (Should replace Saladin for someone else. No Kublai Khan.)

Should get a 5player crew, so I need 4 more... 10 turn each normal 24h get it and 48 total to play it.

Oh and we need to win it by Conquest or domination. ;)

Players:
    Soul oWAR
    Mike Lemmer
    Luv_Muffin
    Liquidated
    Open

Soul oWAR
    The culture lord of RB :p haha

4. Zed-F

Zed-F Chieftain

Now that I'm back, I'd be interested in an SG, but I'm already slated for LoTR21 when Arathorn starts it up (should be shortly) and I don't think two AW games is the right balance of learning for me. :)

5. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Given my inability to effectively defend anything more valuable than a collection of very recent postage stamps (see Epic 1), I'll have to pass too methinks :)

6. Mike Lemmer

Mike Lemmer Chieftain

I'll join Gandhi vs. the world if we can get nukey late-game.

7. Soul oWar

Soul oWar Chieftain

Ok your in. Need 3 more. Who could be the last oponent? (in place of saladin)

Never been a nuke fan... I'll learn in this game I guess ;)

8. Luv_Muffin

Luv_Muffin Millionaire Playboy

If you are still looking for victims, er... volunteers, I'd like to hop on the band wagon. :D
    Raging barbs is a hoot!

Suggestions for a replacement for Saladin? If all the aggressive civs are spoken for, the next best thing may be expansive civs.
    * Queen Vicky (exp/fin)-redcoat, Bismark (exp/ind)-panzers, Petey da Great (exp/phl)-cossacks, Queen Izzy (exp/spi)-conquistador

I think Bismark, with the industrial trait may be a threat that will continue to grow as long as he is in the game. A strong industry may allow him to keep pumping out units, overwhelming his opponents. Panzers are nice too, if he makes it to the late game. But really, any one of these civs gets a decent UU to play with, if they survive your "royal rumble".

I have never played in a RB game though, closest I ever came was watching Sullla and Sirian dazzle me with their moves on RB1.

Ghandi always stuck me as passive aggressive anyway. Sure he might turn the other cheek, maybe even go on a hunger strike instead of armed rebellion, but you just knew that one day he'd go postal when somebody pushed the wrong button and then he'd start busting caps. He was due. Even quiet mountains explode into catastrophic volcanoes from time to time.*
    *None of the last paragraph has any basis in fact and was written by a person who is drinking a decaf coffee. Reader should use their best judgement when arriving at a conclusion. This narrator accepts no responsibility for damages, mental or emotional resulting from believing anything this nut says. I wash my hands of him, really.

9. Liquidated

Liquidated Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!

mumber grumble mumble grrr.

effing luvmuf :mad:

I'll throw my name in the hat seeing as I need to preceed him in turn set so that when my turns end, the worlds is set to declare war on muf. :lol:

I'm in Rb-10 and liq01 currently and hopfullly a moo sg. (moo sg's don;t count, they are far too fast to play ;) )Lurker1 is in cruise mode and finishing soon (uh can you tell that was our first SG'? rofl).

Am a HUGE fan of raging barbs and being in an SG with lovemuf. If you haven;t met the muffinator yet, you want to play with that guy; he's civfanatics kind of loco.

Not trying to hog slots, but if you need another, I'll offer up Liq's own brand of cough syrup into the mix.

I generally pass on nukes as well as the warming they cause isn;t worth the fun. Gotta experience them sometime.

For once I'm not going to suggest a leader seeing as I always pick the same ones... Please no Germany though, I'm sick of seeing grey culture borders in my SG's lol. panzers are soooo yum tho..

Cheers!
    -Liq

10. Soul oWar

Soul oWar Chieftain

I'll take the nut one... oh you say he doesn't looks like the picture? dang... maybe next time... :p

OK I'll take a few shot of tequila or vodka before using cough syrup, but hey you take what is at hand. ;)

Ok one more in teh bowl and we are ready to cook.

Hum... expansionist.. not bad sure german would make a nice end game ennemy... 1vs1 on him so far.. Mike?

I'll start the thread when we get our last ennemy and can recruit someone before we start I guess... Will let us think about our starting strategy.

Always War... is it us that can only be in war or the ai are all at war too?

11. xenikos

xenikos Chieftain

Having just finished reporting on my first RB event (adventure two), I'm hungry for some crazy. Here's my proposal: A Back to the Future SG.

"Roads?? Where we're going, we don't need roads." :scan: (Why did I put a smiley of the Reading Rainbow guy?)

That's right, a game without the building of any roads. That means
    -No land resources (unless you build the city on top of it! Which will oftentimes mean that's the only city that can use it)
    -Crappy unit moves
    -Probably other unforseen disasters

In order to make this at all feasible, we'd probably have to play on prince or noble, and play on archipelago.

Since I'm new to SG and all that - Before I take up a RB number, I just wanted to double check that people were interested, and those settings sounded viable. What do people think?

12. Zed-F

Zed-F Chieftain

Sure, sounds interesting. :) Don't forget that rivers still count as roads as well. So, you don't necessarily need to found on a resource, if the resource is next to a river. Also, of course you can also trade over coastal tiles.

13. xenikos

xenikos Chieftain

Yup - not often you see resources on coastal tiles though (the only way to trade it) and you don't see many rivers on islands, so either way it is an interesting trade-off.

So, anyone else down? 5 players, large map size, prince difficulty.

14. Drasca

Drasca Chieftain

You have a third option for connecting resources. Rivers count as a route. So if your city is planted next to a river, and that river leads to a resource, it is connected.

15. Bede

Bede Chieftain

It is truly amazing how what goes around comes around.....

Somewhere in the archives is this thread.

It is another two man SG starring everyone's favorite Don Quixote and featuring another Civ3 legend maker as Sancho Panza.

16. Merzbow

Merzbow Disrecognized Space

No roads? Jeez you guys aren't creative enough. How about a game without military units? Obviously barbs must be turned off. It would be all up to your diplomatic skills to win.

17. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Sounds like an interesting game to me, Merz. Sign me up! :mischief:

18. Speaker

Speaker Chieftain

That game sounds really interesting, but I didn't have time to finish it. How did it end? :p :mischief:

:lol:

19. Mike Lemmer

Mike Lemmer Chieftain

Would that be unwinnable in certain situations? First, your cities get very unhappy if they're >4 pop & have no defenses. Second, a completely undefended civ would be tempting to enemy civs. I don't care how friendly you are with Monty or Khan, if they see zero defenses they'll beat you up and steal your lunch money. You could still win with that, but only under specific circumstances. Completely abolishing a part of the game like that is asking for trouble.

Now, I'd say you could have a challenging game with the Honorable ruleset and a limit of 2 military units per city.

20. Merzbow

Merzbow Disrecognized Space

Monte and Alex can be handled quite easily; it's easy to bribe them to constantly go to war against OTHER civs.