1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

The Rise & Fall of The Mughals ~ v2 ~

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Rambuchan, Apr 7, 2006.

1. powerslave7

powerslave7 Chieftain

Whenever I try to open this scenario it says:

Load Error
    Error Reading File
    Missing entry in "text/PediaIcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Company_House
    The game will now exit

Can I get some help with this? I'm not to good with computers so can you kind of walk me through it.

2. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

It looks like you've got the old "Folder within a folder" issue.

Go into your "Scenarios" folder, Go into your Rise of Mughals folder, and if there is another "Rise of Mughals" folder in there, Cut it and Paste in your "Scenarios" directory :)

(i.e. it should be Scenarios\Rise of Mughals\, and then inside that folder should be "Art", "Text", and also "Sounds" if you've downloaded the soundtrack)

3. powerslave7

powerslave7 Chieftain

My computer won't open it because it is a BIQ file

4. Maimonides

Maimonides Emperor

You must have an older version of Civ3 then. You need Civ3 Complete or Civ3 Conquests to play BIQ scenarios.

5. powerslave7

powerslave7 Chieftain

I have Civ3 Complete

6. Virote_Considon

Open up the editor ([Your Civilization III folder]\Conquests\Civ3conqedit.exe), that allows you to view and edit .biq files.

EDIT: Wait, read that wrong. Are you sure you're playing Conquests? As in, not an earlier version available with complete? What's the title screen look like when you load the game up?

7. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Both the biq & the folder with the same name need to be in the same place (probably the inside Scenarios folder of your C3 installation). The folder itself needs to be as Virote says.

8. powerslave7

powerslave7 Chieftain

I definitely have conquests. The title screen kind of looks like a vault. Maybe I just need to try downloading it again.

9. powerslave7

powerslave7 Chieftain

Oops! So sorry. Accidentally didn't download it right. Works now and looks very fun.

10. Sasebo

Sasebo Prince

I DLed this and tried a couple starts. There are a couple things I don't get:

What are all those ruins on the map at the start supposed to repesent? I have looked at the BIQ file, and they are there too, so obviusly they are intentional.

Also, Ceylon has almost no resources on it as all, shouldn't there be something there to encourage the AI's to attack it? It would help the Ceylon position as well if they had SOMETHING to work with. :p

What do the immobile units do in terms of influencing AI behavior? I saw someone early in the thread(I'm up to page 5 on that, I'll read the rest when I have a chance) mention this, and I would like to know.

11. RHKINC

RHKINC Chieftain

The ruins represent ruins. Even at this time there were many abandoned former cities of older empires. Not sure what each specific ruin is but a couple of them helped me figure out rather good places for my own cities.

12. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

;)

Also strategic areas to prevent other civs from controlling.

13. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

2+ years bump.

I am playing this scenario for the first time and I'm having a blast. I'm playing as France on deity. Not sure if I'll win or not, but if I lose I'll just play as Britain or the Mughals. I should be able to beat deity with either of them... I hope.

14. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

:lol: nice bump. Thanks for bringing the thread back to life. Not entirely unwarranted as I know for a fact that there are many people who still enjoy playing this scenario on a regular basis and I still receive fan mail. Glad to hear you're having a blast.

The French are a challenge but a human can make some headway with them. It's a good idea to exploit the city elimination rule to bring down kingdoms, but be ready to fill the vacuum quickly.

The other trick as the Europeans is to get stacking those company and colonial improvements as soon as possible. These really gives you the ability to punch your way into the sub continent and turn your foothold into something a little more grandiose.

15. bonefang

bonefang Emperor

i am also having the Company House Error.

I have already checked with all the points mentioned below. Very much excited to play an unique Indian mod... considering where I am from:goodjob:

16. Rambuchan

Hi bonefang, welcome and thanks for your interest. You will definitely have a great time :)

I'm guessing you didn't download it correctly or your download didn't go smoothly. What you report is exactly what powerslave7 experienced in the few posts directly above. But he/she got it working like everyone else. Check you DLed it and followed the installation instructions correctly. Or DL it once more as files sometimes get corrupted in the process. Also check you don't have a folder within a folder with the same name.

17. johnnyjal

johnnyjal Prince

Good bump indeed. This scn remains in my top handful of all time favorites.

18. Rambuchan

Thanks johnnyjal, cheque is in the post lol

19. Virote_Considon

Definitely one of my all-time favourites, too.

About a year and a half ago I lost a pretty challenging game as Ceylon. I'd carved myself a nice little empire out of the Deccan, but the Persians had completed the first step towards trade mastery. This in of itself was alright - I managed to block them off from the remaining resources well enough but since they only had 1 city left before they were elminated (they'd lost 9) I wanted to make sure I took that wonder from them.

So I get into a war with the EIC, take a couple of cities that very turn and-

The Persians take out one more EIC city, destroying the EIC and winning the game through a VP victory :lol:

20. Rambuchan

Well props for doing so well with Ceylon. To have carved a mini Deccan empire with them is no small achievement - something I've never had the balls to try - and to have held the key to a Trade Mastery victory too. Nice. And yes that city elimination condition was contentious when brought in, but I firmly believe it introduces a whole new element of drama and strategy into the scenario that's well worth being there.