The Rise & Fall of The Mughals ~ v2 ~

I just want more music! Would you be so kind and post the list of songs you used for the soundtrack (inculding the artists ;) )?

Agroschim: Glad you like the tunes! :goodjob:

You can find a full list of the music, together with all the artist names, in the credits file that comes in the download. It's the text file that sits in the main folder next to the Art and Text folders.

Im curious, Are the towns pre-placed?

geminisama: Yes, they are all pre-placed, as with all historical scenarios. But the AI and players can then choose where they want to build further cities as the game progresses.

Well at the moment it's Warlords, but I'm working slowly with just the XML info, so it gives me time to look at BTS if it has anything worth having. I've already pegged the "Events" feature as it can help bring forth historical events that will mean different things depending on what Civ the player is controlling.

Well, this is great fun...it is 1609 and playing as the EIC I have managed to retain my holdings in east India and even added one city. In the West, I have snuggled three cities in between the Rajputs and Ahmadnagar. I fought a very brief war with Ahmadnagar after which they left me alone.

I have also colonized the coastal strip and the mountains north of the Rajputs with five cities and also the island. I had several years of trouble with the Safevids, but fighting a primarily defensive strategy has allowed me to wear them out and seize two of their cities.

I have added another city near Aden. I just started a Golden Age and have started the production cycle for Gatling Guns. I have a dozen Ships of the Line interdicting the sea lane from Aden to my holdings in West India and am able to screen out and sink the pirate fleets that earlier cost me rather dearly.

I see a basic strategic approach developing at this time. It requires I maintain a strong steady buildup in the East. In the West I can:

Phase 1. Attack the Portuguese. Run them out of Africa and Goa. Then sue for peace.

Phase 2 . Tran ship forces to the mainland.

Phase 3. Mainland Conquest.
1. Attack the Rajput forces and secure their five cities (and cotton). Operational pause while I see who trys to attack me. Beating on the Safevids.
2. Attack Ahmadnagar and seize their cities.
3. Regroup and look south.
I’ll see how this plays out. Next turn, I attack the Portuguese

This is my game so far as Vijaynagar:

Spoiler :

I'm about to win a Trade Mastery victory soon....I complete overran the Europeans and took all their colonies, smashed Golkonda and Bijapur, and seized northern Ceylon soon to take the rest I'm pretty much in a dominating and unassailable position right now. All the European trade companies are pretty much gone or broken they never stood a chance even with slightly superior technology I just smashed them with numbers. Ahmadnagar, Bengal are going to be my next targets. And then I'll attak the Mughals with the Rajputs and Persians.

The main problem I had with Vijaynagar was my lack of bloody horses. I had to keep importing it from the Portuguese, EIC, Rajputs, Mughals, Persians or whoever else had them. It was quite irritating but realistic. Bijapur was a pushover they couldn't compete against me nor could Golkonda. Bengal hates me for an inexplicable reason. The Persians and Mughals are frighteningly powerful which is why I want to crush them damn their artillery cavalry they have dozens of them....

Tibet invaded India a few times which was entertaining, they manged to take a few cities here and there but got pushed out. The Indian and Persian civs repeatedly attacked the Europeans for some reason until they lost all their. Now I wouldn't have minded except for the fact I was getting horses from the Europeans. Which is why when Bijapur attacked the EIC, I attacked Bijapur to protect my horse supply. But once I was self-sufficient I crushed them without mercy.

Would be great indeed - you still working on this?:confused:

:newyear:

Hi!

I am, it's just that initially I waited for BTS, then I had to wait for the BTS patch. Then my motherboard died, moved to a brand spanking new PC which resulted me in just playing games like Crysis and Lord of the Rings Online. :crazyeye:

But there isn't a moment that passes were I'm constantly thinking about the mod and all that hoohah. I just constantly feel held back by my complete hate for the tedious xml work. I really really do miss the editors of old that helped make the low level work really quick and easy.

I've been playing this scenario for years, and I consider it one of the best era/region specific Civ3 scenarios out there, right up there with "Twillight [sic] of Byzantium". I'm saddened to see the thread has died out despite the detail put into this scenario.

I'm encountering a problem while playing which others might also have seen:

Spoiler :

Does anyone know why that would happen? Is it because the scenario was made for an older patch of Civ3? I am using the no-raze patch but it doesn't conflict with *any* other scenario like this.

--------------

P.S. I know this is an old thread, so please no "you necromanced" posts which will just waste my time and yours; I have limited internet access at the moment, and I'd love for some insight on the problem I've posted.

First off, I know that Rambuchan would be pleased that his scenario is still enjoyed. I honestly don't know what happened to him, as we lost touch.

And this is the kind of bump that would not get you branded a "thread-necroer" and it brings to light a bug.

As for a solution, I'm not too certain. Though I'm almost positive it isn't because of the no-raze patch.

It's a problem with the script.txt file. Someone somewhere along the lines has either accidentally added or taken away a line somewhere, where this should not be the case. :)

First off, I know that Rambuchan would be pleased that his scenario is still enjoyed. I honestly don't know what happened to him, as we lost touch.

And this is the kind of bump that would not get you branded a "thread-necroer" and it brings to light a bug.

As for a solution, I'm not too certain. Though I'm almost positive it isn't because of the no-raze patch.

It's a problem with the script.txt file. Someone somewhere along the lines has either accidentally added or taken away a line somewhere, where this should not be the case. :)

Thanks gents, the problem was with the scripts. I simply copied a script.txt file from another scenario and pasted it into the Mughal folder.

Hello Leobon.

I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble, but heartened to know you got it sorted. Nicely done Virote!

Apologies also for not replying sooner. Life has taken me elsewhere these days and, besides, I always was a bit of a techno dunce with these things!

Thanks for the kind words about the scenario. I really appreciate that. I remember having great fun researching it, putting it together, testing it and playing it. Many many many hours!

I also remember that I remain most grateful to the many kind folk who assisted in the making of it; The Last Conformist, Plotinus, El Justo and, of course, Luddi. I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that it's great to hear of people enjoying the scenario so much. Long may that continue!!

When i run this scenario, european nations (French, Dutch, Portugese, British) got their diplomatic options severly limited (screen included), and this persists for entire game. That was done on purpose or its a bug ?

They don't start out with embassies with other civs - the idea being they have to discover them. You should be able to do this from the beginning of the game, though! :)

Top Bottom