The Rising Serpent

blackheart

unenlightened
I propose that we begin a massive construction effort to build a large enough fleet of modern ships so that we can send a continuous stream of troops to the new world if needed. We would also need a place to land so we should either build a port there or sign a ROP with one of the nations in order for us to easily access the majority of the new continent. Steps should also be taken to ensure the security of our coast and our naval dominance in the sea so our transports get to their destination undisturbed.

So in summary:
1) Build and maintain a deployable fleet of modern ships
2) Be able to deploy the fleet and the 'marines' at a moments notice
3) Secure a port or safe haven for troops to deploy
4) Have an ability to reach most of the new world
5) Secure our own coast and naval dominance
6) Be able to protect the routes needed to deploy troops to the new world

Our navy will wrap itself around the seas of the world and everyone will tremble at the might of our serpentships rising from the horizons.

In vanilla Civ3, you could have 1 battleship and rule the seas. The AI doesn't build navies like they do in C3C (atleast in the latter half of the game).

Chieftess said:
In vanilla Civ3, you could have 1 battleship and rule the seas. The AI doesn't build navies like they do in C3C (atleast in the latter half of the game).
That I can prove since they always love to build Dreadnoughts and Battleships in my Mod ;).

The rising serpent, is that Chinese for "Election Time" ? :) LOL

Provolution said:
Kind of a coincidence ;)

Provolution said:

I have no clue what you're talking about! :confused: :lol:

This plan coincides with your Naval Doctrine Provo. We would have the ships needed to deplore anywhere in the world and to carry out our will.

In my experience the AI builds fleets and fleets of Ironclads but not many later ships. The Ironclads can get very irritating though as they go around bombarding the coastline. I personally like destroyers as they're a bit cheaper, so you can build more of them. I never like to send my battleship up against another battleship in case it loses, but I don't mind sending a couple of destroyers in to wipe out the battleship, or a destroyer to soften and a battleship to kill

Top Bottom