The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR

I believe you can rename generals through modding (our very own Subi could probably do that). Personally, I operate through memory, a pen and a notebook :)

Consider the Third Infantry yours. We don't actually have a BEF yet, as we're not expecting to send a British Force on an Expedition in the near future.

Well then put me under Home defence, sir, until we form one! If you could put the 8th Brigade under Brigadier Graham, in the 3rd Division I would be most appreciative.
The 8th Brigade has some young brains in their ranks that would do good to be brought out. They would motivate the other brigade in my division to higher standards.

That is all sir,

"Major" General Matthew R. W. Standish.

Noted in second post.

Any reason why though? I'm holding back on updates regarding specific commanders for a reason, and when it comes would hate to just randomly throw in mention about your 8th Brigade when it seems important to you.

Just for the fun of it, sir. You know, getting in the "spirit".
Besides, I do not think you can actually control brigades? Other than in attaching support ones to divisions? Unless they changed that between Hearts of Iron and HoF II. If you can manipulate separate brigades than ignore my request. ;-)
The 8th Brigade is just a regular infantry brigade anyways, not an A/tank, A/Air, Artillery or Royal Engineer support Brigade.

Wahey! First post of the new year on this AAR! (I'm not going to let the specificness of what I'm celebrating in any way lessen the celebration itself)

I'm guessing I'm a little late to throw in my opinion, but that doesn't really matter as I'm largely backing what seems like the majority of the cabinet- in reinforcing Egypt, as much as we can without overly exposing ourselves elsewhere in the world.

I'd also like to make the suggestion that we make some kind of rude gesture towards Mussolini? If not him, then his troops on the border seem fine...

Not that I have any naval expertise, but what exactly is being done about the defences of Signapore and Hong Kong? The bloody Washington Naval treaty made us look weak, and it did not help that we trained the Japanese in the art of our superior navy! Even with the Asians* not being able to fly well (You know, squinty eyes I heard) any serious attack by the Chinese would do us great harm. What about upgrading the a/aircraft and land defences on both of these territories?
If anything we should forget the Washington Naval treaty that left those poor Japs feeling left out and get an naval alliance with them, that would keep anyone (Chinese factions included) from pouncing on weakened territories in this war that is brewing.

*No, I do not believe this, just me character in the time..

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I got Europa Universalis III.

What's the best nation to play as to get the learning curve (sorta like Germany in this game?)

And I would like to be stationed in Egypt if you need another general.

Though of course I always find it harder to play the big dogs to start, there is always so much to learn and cope with and it gets overwhelming.. especially when the tutorial freezes up and you cannot figure how to load troops on ships.. :cry: (That hurts you know, when playing as the UK..)

The tutorial for HOI2 sucks. I had to figure everything out by myself, like how 35 divisions attacking from three provinces can't beat 5 Germans. :mad:

Yes, the HoI2 learning curve is steep. Very steep. Like from a cuddly teddy bear to gigantic tarantula steep.

I have bought the Anthology and have yet to tackle it. :ack:

I had played Vicky before, so probably will be easier for me...

I have bought the Anthology and have yet to tackle it. :ack:

I had played Vicky before, so probably will be easier for me...

You must make an AAR of your first game! :hammer:

I'm treating my first game at the 1936 campaign as a tutorial, so I've been cheating quite heavily. (Disbanded Polish, and some French troops, considering doing it to the russians too, I did not build enough troops and I want ot get some warring in and don't want to start over quite yet).

Also Romanian troops SUCk, I took military control, and 25 vs 8 USSR divisions lost.

I semi cheated my first game. I reloaded after losing big battles, but in my mind I like to think I'm evening the playing field with the apparent bs the computer pulls. Now I'm playing as Canada which is going decently. France is still alive somehow even though Belgium finally fell after heavy fighting. Germany never annexed Austria for some reason which was odd. All in all I have to say the game is quite fun once you understand how it works.

I semi cheated my first game. I reloaded after losing big battles, but in my mind I like to think I'm evening the playing field with the apparent bs the computer pulls. Now I'm playing as Canada which is going decently. France is still alive somehow even though Belgium finally fell after heavy fighting. Germany never annexed Austria for some reason which was odd. All in all I have to say the game is quite fun once you understand how it works.

I started as Canada to in my first (HoF 1) game, but after all the manpower was used up it got very slow. Especially as my main army had fought through the Middle East and Italy and was very low on strength so I had no way to replenish it.

The tutorial for HOI2 sucks. I had to figure everything out by myself, like how 35 divisions attacking from three provinces can't beat 5 Germans. :mad:

The tutorial for HoI2 is nothing short than the most fantastic training you will ever receive.

If you've played the HoI1 tutorials...

You must make an AAR of your first game! :hammer:

I second :hammer:

I'm treating my first game at the 1936 campaign as a tutorial, so I've been cheating quite heavily. (Disbanded Polish, and some French troops, considering doing it to the russians too, I did not build enough troops and I want ot get some warring in and don't want to start over quite yet).

Ooh, I don't recommend that. Even if I'm losing I'll learn something, and turning a losing retreat around is the greatest experience. In any strategy game.

Update within the next 24 hours. Then I'll try for two on Tuesday/Wednesday as way of apology for the lull.

Top Bottom