The Sound of Drums - A British Hearts of Iron II AAR

Well they've got radical, charismatic leader who spews rhetoric of reclaiming Germany's former glory. If that doesn't make a potential troublemaker, I don't know what does.

someone WARGAME a pre-emptive strike into german in 1936 using the US :lol:

I should think the Imperial Defense Council would be a council that discusses defense of the empire. I'm listed there so I'm clearly an expert despite no experience whatsoever.

And I think the headquarters of said council should be someplace warm. Anywhere's fine, actually, except any rain drenched islands.

I should think the Imperial Defense Council would be a council that discusses defense of the empire. I'm listed there so I'm clearly an expert despite no experience whatsoever.

And I think the headquarters of said council should be someplace warm. Anywhere's fine, actually, except any rain drenched islands.

I would think Socotra would be quite dry.

As the leader of the Imperial Defence Council I hereby heartily welcome all my minionsbrethren!

On the issue of IDC HQ, this matter requires some thought. The sheer enormity of the British Empire and Her dependants makes it difficult, as we must not only look to the maintenance of the Home Isles but also of the Dominions such as Canada and Australia as well, though their semi-independent civilian governments may not listen to our sound reasoning (OOC: Unless Kan wants to take Military Control, which I've personally always thought much too tedious).

Locations abound. London is nice, but cold and wet, as is much of the rest of the Home Islands. To make my Spanish point more personal I am inclned to base us out of Gibraltar just to spite you all, but I'm not that vindictive (honest!). How about a compromise and let's say Malta, for the time being? Nice beaches, excellent climate, pretty girls...and of course its strategic location is ideal! Mustn't forget that!

*wipes brow and mutters* Whew, almost blew that one...

Erm, Malta would be pretty cut off though. It's WAY too close to Italy.

Gibralter too could be relatively cut off, and possibly invaded by land, don't forget there IS a civil war in Spain brewing.

Egypt, while not perfectly central, is warm , dry, has the suez canal so we can control ship traffic there, closer to India and the ANZACs as well it's a little closer to South Africa. Canada can be managed by the main government in London.

By those criteria, How about the Bahamas?
I agree with PrinceScamp though, the IDC should be keeped out of reach of the enemy, therefore how about the Falklands?

Are the Falklands nice and warm?

Depends on what you consider warm.

So not really. Also I do beleive that Argentina wants the Falklands.

Egypt is pretty safe and closer to where battlefronts could take place so that any messages won't take months to get anywhere.

My point is that the IDC do not get to pick a nice location to make their decisions from. If the Cabinet, Prime Minister and Monarchy make do with ol' Blighty, then so do they :smug:

Dundee is, I believe, located on the tenth level of Hell.

Erm, Malta would be pretty cut off though. It's WAY too close to Italy.

Gibralter too could be relatively cut off, and possibly invaded by land, don't forget there IS a civil war in Spain brewing.

Er, that's kind of the point. If we're located in Gibraltar it gives us MUCH more incentive to support the Republicans, ne? And if we're in Malta it forces us to look to the defense of the Mediterranean generally, which is vital to maintain as a veritable British lake to maintain the Empire.

But since The Great Kan hath spoken, I vote for London, then.

London, then, and I'd like a transfer to something that lets me go to warm, sunny places.

You'll still get ridiculously long holidays at the taxpayers expense, don't worry!

@all: I just bought (but not installed) Doomsday and Armageddon, so this may well be my very last HoI2 AAR using the original (I got her on British launch date as well) game. Let's do her proud.

Update will be tomorrow, as I have the whole day off! Wee!

The intelligence thing in Doomsday is really quite annoying. You have to go into each countries intelligence tabs, and even then, the numbers aren't accurate unless you have 9 or 10 spies.

Top Bottom