The Sumerian Empire

Yeah, updatem an. This is getting better and better. Are you gonna keep attacking the Ottomans and take them down or are you going to just stick with the plan?

310 B.C.
Foreign Advisor- Great One, the Greeks have contacted us with a demand.

Foreign Advisor- As you instructed, the demand has been rejected, and Alexander has backed down.

King Gudea- They had better all learn to not ask at all, cause it will do them no good.

270 B.C.
After having been persuaded by his science advisor, King Gudea contacted the Arabian empire, to attempt a trade. He trusted the science advisor, but wasn't sure the knowledge of Polytheism was really worth anything.

250 B.C.
The foreign advisor came before Gudea, with a list of all the current alliances and wars, that were occurring around the world. King Gudea was not surprised to see Carthage and Rome on the list, but the Byzantines seemed to be very warmongerish.

Foreign Advisor- Hannibal is contacting us about our knowledge of Polytheism. He wishes to trade for it and will teach us his system of laws and rules of conduct.
King Gudea- Carthage is keeping the Romans off our back, so I feel compelled to accept the deal, whatever it may be.

Military Advisor- There is a neverending stream of units, pouring out of the town of Iznik. Could it be the Ottomans are displeased with our razing their towns and killing their emissaries? Too bad, so sad!!

King Gudea- What is taking so long? Why isn't Iznik a pile of rubble?

King Gudea- I love to fish, it is very relaxing. Inform me when you have 'caught' something.

210 B.C.

Foreign Advisor- Master, this Theodora is really making a nuisance of herself. With all the wars she is already involved in, I figured she would declare war on us also. Theodora decided to back down from her threat. Your refusal to give in to demands is doing quite well.

Military Advisor- My King, we have success! A military leader has stepped forward and guided our forces to a victory. The Ottomans were taunting our forces in Erech Forest, while standing safely on the other side of the river. Lugalzaggesi gathered some men around him, charged across the shallows of the river and killed the offending Ottomans. They were not so safe after all!

King Gudea- Good! Maybe he can lead us to a victory at Iznik.
Military Advisor- Lugalzaggesi says he can form several military units into an army. Then train them to work and move as one, making them much more effective in battle.

Whats with the swordsman with like, lots of hp? Looks more than the normal for an elite unit.:confused:

Sima Qian said:
It's a mod. All units have hp boosts.
:mischief:
That's my kind of game. :D

Ansar_the_King said:
Whats with the swordsman with like, lots of hp? Looks more than the normal for an elite unit.:confused:

Normal units have 4 hp
Veteran have 5 hp
Elites have 7 hp

Later on, some units also have bonus hp; like elephants, tanks, modern ships and a few others.

190 B.C.
Military Advisor- The heroics of Lugalzaggesi have inspired another great military leader to step forward. Etana boldly led a second charge across the river, and the Ottomans camped there were soundly beaten again. Our swordsman units now own bragging rights over our chariot units, as both leaders have emerged from the swordsman ranks.

130 B.C.
Decisive Battle
The Battle of Iznik Lake
With two defeats outside of Erech Forest, the Ottomans have abandoned that approach. They have banded together into a large formation and are headed north towards the town of Sumer. Etana's sword army, along with many other units, move towards the Ottoman forces and the two sides clash near Iznik lake. The Ottoman formation is cut to pieces, as Sumerian swordsmen rush straight in and chariots hit the flanks.

Military Advisor- Supreme One, a decisive battle has been fought, north of Iznik, near their lake. A large column of Ottoman units, that was heading towards Sumer, has been completely annihilated. During the battle, we lost four military units and Osman lost thirteen.
King Gudea- Woohoo! Take that, Osman!

110 B.C.

King Gudea- If you want some of my wine, you're gonna have to pay a huge pile of gold for it.

Gudea grew mildly distressed, since all offensive forces were to the south, fighting the Ottomans. After thinking for a few moments, he gave new orders to the military and foreign advisors.
King Gudea- I want Iznik razed as soon as possible, and peace made with the Ottomans. Then move our two swordsman armies, and as many other units as we can afford to, over to fight the Babylonians. We will capitalize on this situation, by razing the Babylonian cities of Sippar & Izibia, then founding our cities there. We must see if anyone will join with us versus Babylon.

The foreign advisor quickly contacted the embassies in all nations bordering Babylon, seeking a military ally.

Foreign Advisor- Bringing the Hittites over to our side is a major triumph. As far as we know, Mursilis has not engaged in any wars, so his military should be able to give Hammurabi a lot of trouble. The Hittites have 31 cities, which leads the world, to our 19. Before long we should turn our attention towards Mursilis, before his empire gets too big.

90 B.C.

Foreign Advisor- The Arabian demand was refused and Abu Bakr has withdrawn his 'request'.

Military Advisor- Sir, Iznik has been destroyed and a settler is moving in to found a new town.

King Gudea- Excellent Job! Once peace is made, begin to move our forces east, to focus on Hammurabi.

Foreign Advisor- Osman has agreed to a Peace Treaty and has paid a small tribute into your treasury.

King Gudea- Osman better not relax, cause we will be back!

Just out of curiosity, can you show a map of the Roman/Carthagian area, just want to see how the war is going between them 2.:p

@Ansar_the_King- Here is a shot of the Carthage/Roman area. There doesn't seem to be much going on, except Carthage has captured Byzantium.

The two are still at war. There must be a stalemate between the legions and the numidian mercenaries.

World Map circa. 90 B.C.

Glad you all like the updates. I think they are kind of short, since you can only put 10 images in each one. Sometime I feel like it is being cut off right when something starts to happen, cause I've hit the 10 image limit. And since I'm not a very talkitive person, I need a lot of images.

@conquer_dude- In post #63, under 250bc is a recent list of military alliances. The Byzantines, Romans and Carthage are all pretty busy.

Top Bottom