The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East

Edead, any reasons why you wouldn't make Makuria respawn as the Sennar Sultanate?

I proposed this before and backpedaled immediately. It doesn't really fit on the map (1-2 cities, with Sennar touching edge of the map) and wouldn't have any function, i.e. it wouldn't be a threat for the Mamluks and would just take away CPU cycles IMO. Instead it's represented by barb invasion (Funj Heavy Lancers).

Ehh, wrong thread. Sry

I don't know, but is it just me or do the Ottomans get vassalized constantly by either the Byzantines or someone else? Something should be done to buff them up, as it seems that they can't hold out against the Byzantines too well at all. Nor do the Fatimids ever seem to die even have hundreds of years, so they too need to be weakened progressively to make way for at least the Mameluks.

hey , i love this mod
but could some1 please make a static leaderheads pack cause my video card can't handle it
I would be very thankful
TNX

hey , i love this mod
but could some1 please make a static leaderheads pack cause my video card can't handle it
I would be very thankful
TNX

I'm pretty sure you can just change your graphic settings in your SoI game, to make it better.

I'm pretty sure you can just change your graphic settings in your SoI game, to make it better.

forgive my stupidity but how could i do that
cause the leaderheads don't appear @ all , it's just blank like in BTS

forgive my stupidity but how could i do that
cause the leaderheads don't appear @ all , it's just blank like in BTS

Go to menu/options/graphics and you can lower your graphic settings

They're all already LOW so ya my computer Sucks;)

mmm... are you sure there are no options for static LH's, or like low quality video?

No, i don't think so

hey , i love this mod
I would be very thankful
TNX

I can do that with next release, which will be 3-4 weeks.

ok Tnx alot, i'll b waitin

I don't know, but is it just me or do the Ottomans get vassalized constantly by either the Byzantines or someone else? Something should be done to buff them up, as it seems that they can't hold out against the Byzantines too well at all.

I have been wondering about the Byzantines lately. I was recently playing a game as Georgia and the AI Sultanate of Rum was totally owning the Romans who were basically left with Thrace and bits of Asia and Lycia. Then Rum was auto-collapsed to make way for the Ottomans and the Byzantines got a good chunk of their cities back (including Sivas which never flipped to Karaman for some reason). Seemed a little unfair that the "Turks" had done so much good work, only for it to be undone. The Ottomans never really got anywhere before I won the Georgian UHV.

Nor do the Fatimids ever seem to die even have hundreds of years, so they too need to be weakened progressively to make way for at least the Mameluks.

I've noticed the Fatimids being far more stable than they were the last time I was playing, but from the few games I've played I sort of see it as being slightly more balanced now. I think I see the Fatimids, Ayyubids and Mamluks in roughly equal measure.

Overall I have to agree with you Bluebags, and I would have to say that the Byzantines should not be allowed to recapture so many if their take. Cities, once the Sultanate of Rum eventually collapses (which historically it did), what needs to happen is that the independent cities led behind be not touched by Roman influence.

As for the Fatimids, I think they are way to powerful. When you have a civ which lasts from 900 to 1500 AD, something has got to give. Plus if the human is playing an Egyptian civ, then this shouldn't happen, otherwise, the Fatimids should more often then not auto collapse to make way for the Ayyubids, who actually help threaten the Crusader states, therefore making more challenging for the player (if you are a Crusader). Something I don't like us the fact that people play as the Crusader civs and try to keep the Fatimids afloat so they don't collapse and spawn the Ayyubids, which I think is just wrong altogether, the Ayyubids really do need to spawn more often

In my opinion there should be some kind of a conquering event for the Ayyubids. I mean Saladin was Kurdish not Egyptian and he was conquering on behalf of the Zengids. I think there should be some kind of a challange that the Fatimids have to overcome in order to survival.

As far as I can tell if the Fatamids don't lose any cities to the Crusaders then they stick around. That seems fair to me.

I thought the general idea of the appearance of the Ayyubids is that they (along with the Zengids) were willing to battle the Crusaders, whereas previous regime in Egypt was not. I've seen the Fatimids successfully take down KoJ themselves, but they tend to collapse leading to the Ayyubids appearing. On the other hand when they just sit on their hands their stability seems to be high enough not to get triggered into a collapse sometimes. Seems a little counter-intuitive.

I thought the general idea of the appearance of the Ayyubids is that they (along with the Zengids) were willing to battle the Crusaders, whereas previous regime in Egypt was not. I've seen the Fatimids successfully take down KoJ themselves, but they tend to collapse leading to the Ayyubids appearing. On the other hand when they just sit on their hands their stability seems to be high enough not to get triggered into a collapse sometimes. Seems a little counter-intuitive.

Agreed
One of the biggest factors of the Ayyubids spawn should be this
So, they spawn more likely if there if there is no war (or not succesful enough) between the Fatimids and the Crusader States

This way, if you play as the Fatimids, you have to lead a winning war in order to prevent the Ayyubid spawn
If you play as the Crusader States, you can't avoid the Ayyubids without losing cities to the Fatimids

This is a new map im about to download. Well its not that new because this mod has been up since last year. Anyways, i'll be back with comments because I downloaded the map and am about to see what is up with it.

Agreed
One of the biggest factors of the Ayyubids spawn should be this
So, they spawn more likely if there if there is no war (or not succesful enough) between the Fatimids and the Crusader States

This way, if you play as the Fatimids, you have to lead a winning war in order to prevent the Ayyubid spawn
If you play as the Crusader States, you can't avoid the Ayyubids without losing cities to the Fatimids

I think we're overcomplicating this wayyyy too much. I'm just saying that the likely hood that the Ayyubids spawn in each game should be increased by a lot, and that the Fatimids should collapse more often between the 1200-1250, therefore making way for the Ayyubids.

My issue is that the Crusaders get a free time when they spawn with no Ayyubids (later on), as it gives them an unfair advantage. My point being that it has become human strategy to systematically, make sure that the Fatimids DO NOT collapse, as to ensure that the Ayyubids WILL NOT spawn, which I think is just plain wrong, and therefore the Fatimids collapsing should come about more often, just as the Sultanate of Rum auto-collapse (if they are AI), to make way for the human/AI Ottomans.

Top Bottom