The Ultimate Evil Cooked Maps: Prepare to DIE!

There is an Insert Image button 2 left from smiley. You need to have the image uploaded (Photobucket for example) first. Cheers :)

@ Drew,

I don't care what the game says. In my book, your play was a victory, no questions asked. When I cooked this map, I knew that beating this map would be extremely difficult in Deity, and it was thrown out there as a challenge to many people active in this forum. You took your game all the way to the mid 20th century, and you had to scramble and adjust on the fly many many times to give yourself the chance to win... only to lose by some random AI luck... or should I just say cheating? Whatever... All I have to say is .. Thank you for showcasing this game and putting all that effort into telling us how you played this super unfair and evil map. I don't blame you for any rage you had at the end... UGH!

It is too bad that there haven't been as many participation on this map as I would have liked, but this alone is a good reference for me and anyone else.

I too would have wished that you razed Delhi when you had the chance... it was even a coastal capital, so I kinda wondered why you didn't do that... Oh well.

Now I almost feel terrible for putting this map online available for play....

Update!

I got to thinking about delaying Bangalore's culture gain, and I remembered I had one ICBM left over from centuries ago when I ICBM'd Persepolis.

FIRE ZE MISSILE!

Spoiler :

This pushed Bangalore to like 25 turns til legendary. I expected this to give me an extra turn, and who knows I might get lucky. He might switch tiles because of the fallout or something weird.

I moved my airships and most of the nukes to the islands, while rushbuilding two ICBMs. Then on the island cities I rush built a sub and a transport.

And something weird did indeed happen.

Spoiler :

REALLY? :eek: GONNA PULL THIS **** GANDHI?
Apparently Hyderabad had almost exactly as much culture as Bangalore, and so Gandhi parked the GA there instead... and inland city. :(

Still I had five turns, and Delhi was 4 turns away. Now I just pray Gandhi has absolutely no idea how to use ships.

The next turn I opened with some air ship scouting and found this naval group (like 7 ships iirc) packed together. Perfect target for some ICBMS! :nuke:

Spoiler :

Darius still had a lot of navy ships parked by my islands and coast, from his attempted invasion of my continent. This was the game and I wasn't going to take any chances. Tactical nukes are something that are not in short supply here. :nuke::nuke::nuke:

After nuking all of his ships, a bit of good news:

Spoiler :

This gave me enough gold to rush buy some more!! And I got another sub / transport built, so I had 2 loaded subs, and 2 loaded transports (one inf each)

Gandhi still had an attack sub and a missile cruiser on his coast, so I couldn't dart with my ships yet. I moved my transport/subs one tile NW from the city. This made some minimal progress while staying outside of his ship range. Also I wanted to get out from that island in case it was nuked by the subs he had chilling to the south. And I hoped it my help lure his ships in to tat nuke range. Which it did !

Spoiler :

Unfortunately Gandhi was in a real cheaty mood and decided to go from 5 turns left to 3 turns left.

Spoiler :

There was no more time to delay, time to spring towards Delhi! I encountered a lone missile cruiser on the way. We know how to deal with those! :nuke:
(I didn't take a screenshot at the time, so just now loaded a save and took one for y'all's benefit)

Spoiler :

I moved the stack closer. I was entering blind territory at this point. Just had to pray Gandhi had no ships chilling by his capital. :please:

Spoiler :

They survived!!

Spoiler :

This was it !!

Spoiler :

:woohoo:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0418.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0418.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 767
  • Civ4ScreenShot0419.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0419.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 753
  • Civ4ScreenShot0422.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0422.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 781
  • Civ4ScreenShot0425.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0425.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 740
  • Civ4ScreenShot0432.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0432.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 825
  • Civ4ScreenShot0424.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0424.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 745
  • Civ4ScreenShot0457.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0457.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 773
  • Civ4ScreenShot0433.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0433.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 739
  • Civ4ScreenShot0426.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0426.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 761
  • Civ4ScreenShot0430.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0430.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 770
Last edited:
Now for ze icing on de cake!

Spoiler :

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::thanx:

Mansa Musa had been plotting against me for a long time now. I figured he was about to attack any turn -- and in that scenario it would be far too risky to try to attack him. If he declared on me and intercepted all my ships it would have been a complete failure. I was worried I'd have to wait for him to attack me, then wait for peace, then wait for the treaty to end, by which time Darius would undoubtedly launch another space ship and I would have gained nothing. With global warming decimating the land, I was really worried I might not be able to rebuild forces.

But instead Mansa Musa demanded sugar, because you know, that makes sense, and I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Gandhi went back to being a pacifist shortly thereafter.

Spoiler :

I had already built up most of the forces necessary to take out Mansa. 10 more turns of preparation would be overkill, and as soon as the treaty ended:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Where you think those artillery are going mAnsA?

Spoiler :

I was able to nuke every city multiple times. At the end of the first turn Mansa had virtually no units left on the board.

Spoiler :

Mansa decided to place a tactical nuke near one of the recently conquered cities. Only problem? I have an infantry unit right next to it.... Smart move man.
I took some more cities on the bottom right corner of his base as my transports wrapped around, and began approaching Tadmekka with ground forces. But that was unnecessary. Mansa had enough.

Spoiler :

I spent some time double checking my tile counting here, but eventually convinced myself that this was game over :)

I vassaled Mansa, turned slider/city production to culture and hit de next turn button a few times.

Spoiler :

:king:

I ruled ze world, or what was left of it at least....

Spoiler :

Sorry for teasing you about losing earlier. I had to do that since TMIT was so confident this game was in the bag already :p

And Gwaja you better post more challenging maps in the future!! I'm probably going to take a break from civ to play EU4, but if it's like the other paradox games, I'll be back to civ again shortly :p

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0438.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0438.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 790
  • Civ4ScreenShot0436.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0436.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 802
  • Civ4ScreenShot0435.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0435.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 751
  • Civ4ScreenShot0439.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0439.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 754
  • Civ4ScreenShot0440.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0440.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 775
  • Civ4ScreenShot0441.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0441.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 739
  • Civ4ScreenShot0442.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0442.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Civ4ScreenShot0443.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0443.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 751
  • Civ4ScreenShot0448.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0448.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 777
  • Civ4ScreenShot0453.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0453.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 1,157
Haha briljant ending. Loved it Drew. Good luck with the girl at work!

Amazing. Drewisfast is indeed the ultimate evil :evil:

BAH! Why do you have to be like that and trick me? ^_^

Congratulations on a very well-deserved win! For all that effort that you put in, I am not surprised that you won at all.

Now that you have officially challenged me to put an even more difficult, unfair, and evil map, I shall get to it very soon for your enjoyment... urr... I meant ... torture! ^_^

***adds user "drewisfat" in the list of members for the evil map torture victims... ***
This list is growing! It now has some decent number of members now! ^_^

FYI: To apply for membership into this EXCLUSIVE club, or if you are fearing whether or not you have been secretly added to this EXCLUSIVE club without your prior consent, please inquire with me! ^_^

Are you a doctor Gwaja? I need a sickness leave certificate or something :p

Omfg did you just win that. I do not have those skills. So many gratulations man.

NP: Here is my ultimate evil syringe
Patient: :cry:
:lol:

I take it this means you want more evil maps? ^_^

Just because you had to sandbag us doesn't mean it wasn't ;).

He tricked me into thinking he lost the game and then told me my maps are easy! The blasphemy! ^_^ Btw... we miss seeing you on YouTube. I haven't played HOMM games since 3... lost all interest in them long ago.

I didn't mean that I wanted more challenging maps, I meant that I wanted more maps that are challenging. Don't worry Gwaja, this map was plenty challenging :p

It was actually extremely tedious to play. I'm a very, very slow player. Unfortunately the margin for victory was so tight for virtually the entire game, that I had to put effort into microing 50 cities. And every turn thanks to global warming, fallout, nukes destroying infrastructure, at least 10 of my cities were doing something totally inane.

Congrads, man... I didnt think its possible, to beat AI that is so far ahead... Christ, I would had been discouraged and wouldnt even try to win that map, being so far behind. Your "cold blood" is epic!! Again my perception of whats being possible changes. Did You have to reload a lot? Or did Your nuclear strategy worked out naturally?

On the other hand: You made my efforts so much more difficult:D Still have enough stubborness to defeat that map, nuclear win is no excluded from options:DDD

Top Bottom