The United Phoenatican Scholar's Voice

Toasty

Old Guard
As a citizen interested in the continual growth of the Pheonatican state, I must suggest that we undertake great strives to put our nation undisputably and eternally at the lead of science and technology.

However, our aim is not only at the governmental funding of science (which they have done an excellent job at), but the construction of Universities, Libraries, and later on Reasearch Labs far and wide to increase the prestige and awe of our country.

Also note that, with these improvements, the economy can become more healthy towards the lesser need for masses of units in favor of fewer, high-tech units, and the benefits of culture that stem from these places of learning.

Corruption should also be kept at a minimum in order to finance these buildings. By the elimination of thus, we can assure that the economy remains healthy, while we remain ahead.

Goals are:
A) The establishment of science- and culture-generating improvements,
B) The lowering of corruption through improvements in order to maintain the health of our economy,
C) The promotion of the economy to finance our scientific endeavors,
D) The aversion of war only in the aspect to avoid government switching, ala war weariness. Any war that will not cause mass dissent among the people is to be supported to the fullest extent.

The UPSV is only a citizen's group in total legality and has no relation whatsoever to a political party. The agenda will be forced to adapt to the times, and we recognize that technology and corruption reduction may have to take a backseat to survival.

Join the UPSV now!

Enlightened Scholars:
Toasty, as acting head of the voice.
Octavian X
Curufinwe
Ehecatl Atzin
Myartar
William528
Raven1er
Almightyjosh
CivGeneral
Zarn
Stuck_As_a_Mac

Supporters:
Cultural Department
Foreign Affairs Department
Trade Department
NAFN
Province of Asphinxia
Province of Kashmir
Province of New Cormyr

MAJOR ISSUES

Illiteracy

"I wants ta lern 2 reed, rite, and speel betta. I wants mo litricy!" - Johnny, a young illiterate citizen of Phoenatica.

Illetiracy is something that plagues our great nation and makes for a huge problem. It signifies our country's failure to keep up with the world in science construction, and thus, technology.

The first goal of the UPSV should be to either address, if not wholly eliminate, the literacy problem. Hopefully a scholar will be elected or re-elected to the cultural position and can encourage the development of libraries and universities to help our citizens become not only literate, but more intelligent.

Merger(?) with the NAFN

Raven1er, head of the NAFN, which is situated in nearby Thebes, has proposed to me a merging of both the NAFN and the UPSV. There is a poll on the forums and you shouldn't have to look to hard to find it :D.

All scholars and NAFN members are encouraged to vote.

[UPSV Election Status

Myartar has won the governorship of New Cormyr!
Ehecatl Atzin has won the position of Foreign Affairs Leader!
Almightyjosh has won the governorship of Asphinxia!
Octavian X has won the position of Trade Leader!
curufinwe has won the position of Cultural Leader!
Toasty has won the governorship of Kashmir!

Running members:
CivGeneral has recieved 19% of the votes for Military Leader.
Raven1er has recieved 13% of the votes for Domestic Leader.
William528's poll for the governorship of Province 9 has not yet been posted.

As will I, though my presence might make this a political party, because I'm in charge of cultural buildings, and I have a bit of influence at Science Department.

I think the first thing we need to address is our horrendously low literacy rate, which flounders in the mid-60th percentile and is only the 5th highest in the world.

Most of these illiterates come from the newly-aquired regions such as Greece, so the construction of libraries and universities should help for the culture consolidation, keeping them in our hands. It shouldn't be a hard thing to do to make sure that these cities are building the constructions necessary for the illiteracy "elimination."

Does anyone here agree with me?

Yes yes, I've already humiliated myself infront of Horatio to overcome this dilemna, and I have literacy in mind ever time I do anything for the cultural department.

I'll join!! a historian is always needed in a scholar's group! :D

Ehecatl Atzin

As the recently appointed mayor of Memphis I would like all citizens to either watch the city closely or move to the city. It will allow us to demonstrate the point of the UPSV, and will become the hub of technological and commercial development.

Memphis is due to boom after the completion of its rushed hospital. It's located on the flood plains of the Nile river and will have huge commercial and population benefits because of this.

Memphis will become the "home city" of the UPSV and a model for what the country should be. Ideally, members not holding high-level positions in their cities or provinces should come here to make it official what we are aiming to do and to show that we are in fact "united."

As nominations begin, I think that it is important that the UPSV make its show and gain a few more members.

Hence, BUMP.

Also, I'm thinking about hosting a banquet in Memphis once the one in Thebes is done with. Egyptian veggie platters for everyone!

I wants ta lern 2 reed, rite, and speel betta. I wants mo litricy!:) -Johnny

I like to think that I am a scholar and I hope to one day be enlightened, so I'd love to join the UPSV! Together, we can make a better day for Johnny.

I would advise UPSV members to either run for, or nominate a fellow member for, the positions of Science leader and Cultural leader.

Go on, flock! :D.

So, (just count me in) but yes u heard my suggestion!
The NAFN and UPSV combine, so we can share technology and information! *probly getting to serious about the game of democracy*

and im running for Domestic Affairs Leader
vote for me! :D :) ;) :crazyeye: :lol: :king: :scan: :rolleyes: :cool:

I talked to Raven1er, offended him (oopsie :D), and I'm pretty much neutral on the merging of the UPSV and NAFN. So, I'll ask my fellow scholars: should we join arms with our friends in the NAFN?

Toasty,
I would like to join and support you :).

civgeneral, did you ask to be in my group?(NAFN) *ima fast reader just curious so i can update the news for the last time 2day*

Top Bottom