The very many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
All nice suggestions, thanks :lol:.

Depends on the price of the jewelry. Keep in mind that buying semi-expensive jewelry for a girl you aren't romantically involved with tends to come off as really creepy.

That's why I said "cheap" ;).
Will in the best case be titan, but more likely steel, so I'm really not going in that area

Just get any size. She can wear it on whichever of her fingers is that size.

Since it's not an engagement ring, I mean, which is generally worn on a particular finger and thus has to be sized.

I'm right now looking at my fingers and...are the sizes so close to each other?
If so: Fine, that'll work.

As alternative, which I have in mind right now: Get the ring and a necklace to put it on, then the size doesn't matter.
Problem is then that the price will get too high. I'd consider a leather string, but that wouldn't fit to her.

Or grab her cellphone and download onto it a ringtone based on some song you both like, and associate it with your number.

Then show her the same tone has been associated with her on your phone.

Say, "Well, everyone's been saying I need to get you a ring. Here you go. Now you give me a ring."

(Then actually get her a physical ring, too, by the way. So you don't come off as cheap.)

*lol* I really like that one, but wouldn't have an idea how to do that.
(yeah, I'm a computer scientist, but I have really no idea about phone stuff)

Oh, and, for what it's worth, she likes you too. She wouldn't entertain joking around about such a matter if she didn't. Just my hunch.

I meant "like" as in general as a friend.
Maybe a bit more, not sure. But what does it matter, she'll be gone at the end of the month.

Alternatively, J could just tell her up-front that he wants to get her some jewellery, perhaps a ring, and ask what her ring size is.

Na, no way. This is all about the fun, and that would ruin it.

(Mine's R, in case you're wondering, but then I did a short course in practical jewellery.)

Which means...?

I'd get a toy ring from Toys R Us or somewhere.

I once bought a woman a tiara from there as a joke. It went down really, really well!

Onion rings? Hoola hoops? Those little sweets that look like tiny child-sized rings? Ring raiders (or whatever the modern equivalent is)? A triangle? ("It has a nice ring to it.") A DVD of the movie "The Ring"? Depends on how interested you are in her. If you actually do like her then you should tell her you like her and hope for a few weeks of wild fun sexy times.

As in, you didn't get slapped in the face, multiple times?
No. Indeed no. As in: I had to start doing some fast back-pedalling to avoid a relationship I wasn't actually looking for.

Which was a big shame.

Women can be really unpredictable at times. I just bought it as a joke, and then found I was being made cow eyes at. Spooky, really.

Onion rings? Hoola hoops? Those little sweets that look like tiny child-sized rings? Ring raiders (or whatever the modern equivalent is)? A triangle? ("It has a nice ring to it.") A DVD of the movie "The Ring"? Depends on how interested you are in her. If you actually do like her then you should tell her you like her and hope for a few weeks of wild fun sexy times.

Any of these are fantastic suggestions, especially the last one.

How the hell do you turn a profit with 6 kids? Sell them? I'm in the hole with just two. I was in the hole almost as much with just one.

Not necessarily profit of the currency sort.

Then there's the old chimney cleaning business to fall back on.

Ah, sleep deprivation mode. I don't miss thee.

Internet hug for Dad the human burping tool.

Colic or the ol' needs fed/burped/changed/bounced every 60-90 minutes for 60-90 minutes?

Colic or the ol' needs fed/burped/changed/bounced every 60-90 minutes for 60-90 minutes?
60-90 might be an understatement. The ol' fed/burped/changed/bounced every 60-90 mins for 120-150 mins seems to be it. And no daily pattern yet, except that whenever her sister goes to bed she wakes up, and I haven't had an uninterrupted meal since she left the hospital. Fortunately, the music I like to listen to tends to make her doze off, so I can listen to Johnny Cash and The Offspring all night. I'm pretty sure she's making a point by making me play "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" so much.

I'm pretty sure she's making a point by making me play "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" so much.

Hehehe!

Any family or friends with kids near enough to put in relief long enough to snag one or both of you an uninterrupted evening meganap? It's not the same as a good night's, but it kinda helps.

Shucks, you know this. Either way, I hope she starts getting through the night sooner than later for you. I think 2nd ones have a harder time with that since they have the sibling to cope with.

I don't want to achieve anything here, it's just for the giggles ;).
I might get first some sweets in ring form (apple rings, or whatever ; -> thanks for the onion rings, made me thought in that direction), and then give her the ring. Might even get some more laughs :D.

Ring Pop baby.

Spoiler :

Bonus points, if you get 5 kids out of this one you know you found yourself a keeper beforehand.

You've been listening to all these cutsey ideas. I suggest a darker turn. Sneak up and inject her with some ring worms.

My guess it's something to do with these people: http://www..org/

As opposed to, you know, *****.

Nope. I really don't know what it's about either. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****

Look at that! Wikipedia's chugging again. They'll have to go without as far as I'm concerned, this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom