The Very Many Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread ΛΓ

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the spirit, Tak. I was even looking into "hereinafter."

Good. Now we can discuss my compensation, which I certainly have not waived.

*stares impassively*

Okay, okay, you've broken me down. I'll give you all my onions. :cry:

Real question time: Is there any way to cherry pick DLCs in Sims 2? I have the complete version and I realized last time I played that I... well... don't use any features from them except for seasons and pets. I'd like to disable the ones I don't use...

... and I'd really like to make it switch to using the vanilla soundtrack. I love the original soundtrack of the game and really don't like the replacement music from all the DLC.

I saw no easy way of doing either of these things when last I played. This might be because of Origin's awful interface. @aimeeandbeatles?

Last edited:
*glances impassively at Snerk*

Now we can discuss my compensation, which I certainly have not waived.
I tell you what--we'll make it the full assets of that superceded FAC.

Is there a word that is to nationality what racism is to race and sexism is to sex/gender? I know it is not nationalism.

xenophobia???:confused:
I think that is close, but I think I want something a bit less extreme. I would like to use it in a sentence such as "I do not see how it is morally justifiable for 'discrimination based on race or sex' (racism / sexism) is illegal but 'discrimination based on nationality' (not nationalism) is legally required".

Nationalisticality. Which is to say I don't think there is a word. But your formulation is better than a word, because, racism actually isn't illegal only "discrimination based on race" So just knock all the -isms out of your sentence and you communicate your thought perfectly well.

Chauvinism and jingoism are the best in English that I can think of right now.

Mmmmkay, I remember some '90s-early 2000s arcade games that had a bowman-class hero who had a blade attached to the end of his bowstave so that it could be used as a slashing weapon in close-quarters. Is it realistic in any way at all, or would the bowstave break at the first or second blow as I've always suspected?

Mmmmkay, I remember some '90s-early 2000s arcade games that had a bowman-class hero who had a blade attached to the end of his bowstave so that it could be used as a slashing weapon in close-quarters. Is it realistic in any way at all, or would the bowstave break at the first or second blow as I've always suspected?
It probably wouldn't break, but would be a bit rubbish as bowstaffs are, you know, designed to bend with less energy imparted in the strikes. Medieval depictions of bowstaffs show pretty substantial pieces of wood so they probably wouldn't break.

You might cut your own face when you used the bow as a bow, you know drawing it back and all.

But what's the point of computer games if you can't have cool weapons that would never work in real life but that make your character badass in the game?

That's the point exactly; I'm glad to find my own surmise was correct but a little disappointed that I won't be able to use it in an impossibly cool quest tale I want to write. (unless it's a magical bow, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom