The War Of The Ring(BFME AAR)

uhhh, It's because Aragorn is the rightful king. The Stewart line existed to preserve the throne when the King would return. That's why Denethor tries so hard to keep this Ranger of the North out of Minas Tirith, because he knows that when Aragorn would claim the throne nothing could stop him from becoming king.

Wait a minute. If Boromir, along with Farimir, are still alive and well, then how can Aragorn become king of Gondor? Denethor kills himself in a mad fight of range, and since their was no legal heir (As he thought Far was dead) Aragorn became king as the Stewart line is broken. Since the line is unbroken, Areagorn can no longer become king.

Well, there is no "Stewart" line. It is the Stewards of Gondor, who rule until the rightful King returns. Since Aragorn is said rightful King, Denathor loses his power as soon as Aragorn claims the throne. Boromir and Faramir have absolutely no connection to the Royal House.

East Emnet coming soon.

-L

Well, at least you aren't playing evil. In my playthrough so many years ago I didn't even get to Helm's Deep. I recently tried (like a few months ago) and I couldn't get past friggin' Amon Hen. And that was the first time I found the trolls!

Amon Hen is easy if you cheat like I do. You need:

1) - To beat Legolas and Gimli any way you can think of. I usually attack Legolas, send him into retreat, then hit the summit and run away like a scared little girl. Gimli chases. ALONE. Kill him and then attack the summit.

2) - The Devastation power. If you can swing it, get Fuel the Fires as well, but I don't think you can.

Just use the power to keep earning you money after Legolas/Gimli. You can upgrade your forces with Fire Arrows, Forged Blades and Heavy Armor - but NOT Banner Carriers. Get about 5 swords, 4 archers and 3 pikes, gather the trolls(Just use 'em in constant attack waves, they regenerate) and keep using devastation to afford more upgrades. Takes a while but you leave Amon Hen with 120 almost-fully upgraded uruks.

I've beaten the Evil campaign before, let me say. On Hard. Conquering everything before finally Minas Tirith.

Trying to write the East Emnet update, but may skip to Eaves of Fangorn. We'll see.

-L

Why not banner carriers?

I remember using Devastation a lot in Edoras. I pretty much used it on every tree inside the city :p

Oh, that would be why. I don't remember playing it the first time.

Eaves of Fangorn(Rohan Army)

"Hold! Your! Ground!" Arthain yelled, sword and shield in hands. He would fight as he had trained his soldiers. Ahead lay the uruk-hai - a veritable sea of them, chanting and shouting out their hatred. Behind Arthain was the camp, ringed with towers with archers ready to halt the enemy - or at least try.

Arthain spun his sword in his hand, at the head of the only force of Rohan infantry that he knew to have ever existed. His soldiers waited, fear in their eyes. They raised their thick shields, finely crafted swords in hand, banners of Rohan flapping in the rain.

The uruks charged.

"Rohan!" Arthain roared, charging to meet them. His troops followed, men and women screaming at the creatures that pillaged their lands.

"Now!" Eomer yelled, spurring his horse onward. Nylz raised his axe and followed, as did the other riders. The earth shook as the Riders of Rohan surged downward towards the uruk-hai.

The uruks never quite realized what was happening. Arthain's troops hit them head-on - Arthian himself visible in the van, slaughtering uruks left and right - and Eomer materialized from the high ground, hitting the monsters in their rear in the pounding rain. It was almost unfair.

"My lord!" Nylz cried, his shield flashing up. A crossbow bolt impaled the wooden device, arrested from its journey to Eomer's head. "Watch yourself! They still fight us!"

Eomer nodded and turned back to the fight - though it was almost over.

We're skipping to Helm's Deep after this . . . just thought you'd all like to know . . . I'm getting tired of Rohan:p

-L

Rohan is only fun in the campaign when you aren't fighting Isengard. They spam pikemen, and Uruk-Hai are veritable elite units in the first place.

Rohan is only fun in the campaign when you aren't fighting Isengard. They spam pikemen, and Uruk-Hai are veritable elite units in the first place.

Really? I prefer fighting Isengard to Mordor as Rohan. No trolls, no mumaks, no -gulp- Easterlings. Avoid the Uruk pikes, put priority to upgrading troops, and beat the bejesus out of them. Upgraded Rohirrim will trounce unupgraded pikes, and upgraded ones can be dealt with through the peasants and yeomen/Rohirrim archers/elves you should have assembled.

It's RohanVSMordor I hate. I actually prefer Helm's Deep to Minas Tirith.

-L

pff Rohan heroes are overpowered btw, Legolas lvl 9 is unstoppable!

pff Rohan heroes are overpowered btw, Legolas lvl 9 is unstoppable!

Oh I agree. The Three Hunters are REALLY OP. Even Gondor collapses when they're paired with Theoden, Eomer and Eowyn. The only chance Gondor has is heavy infantry and artillery to prevent their deployment in the first place. Mordor? Isengard? Heh - bye:lol:

-L:goodjob:

Faramir and Gandalf at high level can pwn some serious Nazgul. Boromir isn't as good as a fighter as a leader. His horn works wonders when he's with Rangers.

It's fun fighting Mordor when they don't use Evil Men. I find trolls easy to kill if you have a bunch of ranged units and maybe some ents.

Faramir and Gandalf at high level can pwn some serious Nazgul. Boromir isn't as good as a fighter as a leader. His horn works wonders when he's with Rangers.

It's fun fighting Mordor when they don't use Evil Men. I find trolls easy to kill if you have a bunch of ranged units and maybe some ents.

Yeah Faramir and Gandalf are awesome. Boromir is an excellent support hero and he's not exactly a weak fighter.

Trolls are easy to handle - IF you have archers. A Rohan player like me has a huge focus on cavalry and the mobility provided therein, so I typically don't.

-L

You don't build cavalry archers?

I didn't mean Boromir was a bad fighter - only that he has a single combat skill, all the others are only useful if you have redshirts with him. Gandalf and Faramir are both good leaders, but they can kick some serious ass. Faramir has that Wounding Arrow, which is very useful. He can also switch between bow, melee, and mounted. He's probably not the best fighter or best leader, but he's great at being both at the same time. Gandalf speaks for himself, his abilities are awesome.

Well folks, it's happened. I had a better idea.

Everyone knows the story of LOTR, even the changes BFME makes are minor. So I'm going move on. If you want to know what happened in BFME just play the Good Campaign and you'll be following in my footsteps.

Now, I'm going to continue this tonight with Act II: Rebirth - 5 years AFTER the Black Gate. You'll see what happens.

And you get to meet my new custom create-a-hero since it's a War of the Ring mode game in BFME2 ROTWK:D

-L

The fortress of Helm's Deep loomed silently against the cliffs, the old flagpoles where once had flown standards of Rohan barren and forlorn in the breeze that should have stirred great banners.

And so it came to be that a lone rider, robed in a dull green and with a wooden staff hanging from his saddle, rode up the causeway for the gate. He reined in before the door, staring for a moment.

"Open this gate in the name of the Master!" He cried. There was no response. "Open!" He yelled again, reaching almost unconsciously for his staff.

"Who dares to come to the gates of Helm's Deep?" A deep voice called from atop the gateway, and the rider looked to see a figure, an orc indeed, robed and armored in black, with only his mouth visible beyond said armor. "You are late."

The rider stiffened. "A wizard is never late!" He cried in anger at the figure. "Nor is he early! He arrives precisely when he means to!" His hand was now on his staff and a fire danced in his eyes, though to an onlooker it was less of a blaze then the glowing warm fire of a hearth in winter.

The orc upon the gate pursed his lips, staring menacingly at the wizard. Then suddenly he laughed. "Come now, Marrathis, I merely test you! Open the gates for our wizard friend!"

There was the sudden sound of orc laughter from behind the gate and it began to grind open. Marrathis the Green spurred his horse forward slightly and rode into the gate. Inside he saw orcs laughing and jeering good-naturedly at the jest of the gateway orc. Even now said orc descended from the gateway, a sword at his side, coming to stand next to Marrathis as the wizard dismounted and handed his reins to an orc.

"What news, wizard?" The Mouth of Sauron asked eagerly. "The Master is anxious."

"As he should be, five years after the Black Gate." Marrathis sighed. "So much was lost there. And so much may yet be lost."

The Mouth lost his smile. "Your mission went poorly?"

"To put it mildly, yes. I but mentioned His name and they all began mobilizing and sending out riders to gather allies. I believe I have started a war."

"It is alright." The Mouth said with a shrug. "This war was coming anyway. Soon enough the orc-kind will have to fight for their freedom from the Elves and Men. You could not, I think, have prevented that."

Marrathis shrugged himself and made his way up the stairs for the Keep, the Mouth behind him. As he came to the walls about the Keep, he was confronted by two black-robed figures.

"Marrathis." One of the Nazgul said. "Where have you gotten to?"

"Is all anyone says to me going to be of how late I am to you?" Marrathis exploded. "What about a 'thank you kindly for risking your neck to speak out on our behalf in Minas Tirith'? No? Not from anyone!" He shook his head. "Morgomir, your courtesy fails you."

The two nazgul withdrew slightly, but Marrathis could tell that they were laughing to themselves. On the inside, so was he. The Ringwraiths, though commonly detached from the world, were indeed capable of friendship and humor with those they appreciated. Marrathis shook his staff at Morgomir and Khamul in mock warning, then made his way up the stairs into the keep proper.

Inside there was a long table. At it sat an orc general, Gothmog of Minas Morgul. Having barely survived Pellenor Fields and later Black Gate, he was one of the trusted commanders of the Reborn. Also there were the other six Black Riders, whose names Morgomir knew not. And also was the Witch-King of Angmar, greatest of the Nine, staring at the maps upon the table with Gothmog.

And there also was a nine foot tall imposing figure, a mace propped against a wall.

"Theoden's forces have assailed another column near Tol Brandir." Gothmog was saying. "Total loss. They're catching more and more groups. Soon enough the noose will tighten and we'll have no reinforcements."

"Marrathis." The Witch-King said. All figures turned.

Marrathis looked at them all swiftly, then bowed his head to the tall one. "My lord." He said.

Sauron shook his head. "You have done too much for me to be a servant." He said. "Directing our forces after the Black Gate and making for here? That was a stroke of genius, and entirely yours." He took a few gaping strides and settled in a large throne chair. "Now tell me, wizard, how went your mission, and why you were delayed?"

Marrathis sat as well, not really noticing Gothmog disappear, knowing this was a matter for the Nazgul and the Master. The Mouth remained, ever at Sauron's side, and Morgomir and Khamul entered seemingly on queue.

"That is a dark tale." Marrathis said. "To begin, I rode to Minas Tirith, as you said, passing Cair Andros and Captain Boromir along the way. Once in the city - at the height of the meeting of the rulers of Men and Elves and Dwarves, I endeavored to speak to Gandalf and convince him of our cause." Marrathis grimaced, remembering the White Wizard's scathing words - and the flash of Istari power that attacked him shortly thereafter. "He was unmoved by the plight of the orcs, and the resulting . . . ah, argument brought the attention of King Aragorn and his companions. Yes, Lord, the entire Fellowship - save the halflings - was present, as were many others. I the blinked out of the city into the Ithilien and made my way back here, avoiding Captain Faramir's Rangers as best I could."

"You condense a small saga into a few sentences." Sauron raised an eyebrow. "Argument with Gandalf the White? How much of Minas Tirith is left standing to oppose us?"

The Nazgul laughed, and Marrathis smiled slightly. But he leaned forward.

"Sauron, they have assembled their armies now." Everyone froze. "They are coming here. They will be here by tomorrow morning."

Sauron sighed. "I am not strong enough, we are not numerous enough. Curses!" He pounded his fist into the wall. There was a sizeable dent left behind. "I forget my own strength." He said, staring at the wall. The Mouth quickly ducked out to fetch some stoneworkers.

"We must stand here or die." Marrathis said with certainty. "The Elves and Men will not rest until every last one of us is a corpse."

Part Two will come whenever I'm of a mind to write it.

-L

I wish the original Gothmog was in the game :p

Top Bottom