The "What did you get for Christmas" Thread

Abaddon

Deity
I am personally still very excited as its a few hours away, but i am sure many CFCers are already on christmas day!

So what did you hope for, and what did you get?

I hope for Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (Wii) most of all

Probably nothing. Christmas day is still a few hours away. I haven't got anything since I was about 10 (actually, I think it's 9). :(

I can't wait till Christmas, but yet at the same time I in a sense, am not, for Christmas we go over to both side of the family, and on my father's side there is a big dog there who seemed like he wanted to bite my face off... My legs were shaking afterwards...

Probably nothing. Christmas day is still a few hours away. I haven't got anything since I was about 10 (actually, I think it's 9). :(

That sucks.. no family Mirc?

How can you want to get nothing? You have no desires at all? Why live?

That sucks.. no family Mirc?

No, I have a family (only no siblings)... It's just that we have always been below the limit of poorness. At Christmas, normally we have always been concerned with how to distribute our money in what to eat over such a long period of time, since my father isn't paid during holidays (he's a teacher, and they are very poorly paid).

This year it's the first time when it's actually much better than before, but my mother (who's now much better off than me as she lives with a rich guy) already said she isn't going to give me anything (she won't come here until the 27th, which BTW is my Name Day (something most of the English-speaking world doesn't have). On an almost related note, I've never got anything for my birthday or name day at all since about the same age.

I got 150€ from my parents.. which is weird, since my income is probably better than theirs. They probably love :love: me very much :goodjob:

It's a parent thing.

No reflection on you :D

How can you want to get nothing? You have no desires at all? Why live?
I have no desire for tons of material garbage. A small amount of material garbage is fine, but I get that throughout the year. And I have no need to celebrate capitalism, so Christmas has no special meaning to me. Also, I really hate receiving gifts. A gift isn't a gift. It's an obligation. After receiving a gift, I have to give a gift to the gift giver. God, I hate that. If you don't believe me, try never giving a gift to anybody who gives you a gift, and see how it goes.

No, I have a family (only no siblings)... It's just that we have always been below the limit of poorness. At Christmas, normally we have always been concerned with how to distribute our money in what to eat over such a long period of time, since my father isn't paid during holidays (he's a teacher, and they are very poorly paid).

This year it's the first time when it's actually much better than before, but my mother (who's now much better off than me as she lives with a rich guy) already said she isn't going to give me anything (she won't come here until the 27th, which BTW is my Name Day (something most of the English-speaking world doesn't have). On an almost related note, I've never got anything for my birthday or name day at all since about the same age.

Yet you can afford the internet?

Yet you can afford the internet?

We're getting better and better, financially (as I said in my previous post too). Until this year, I had a dial-up connection that costs basically nothing, and a computer that was 5 years old, last year. This year, I got a better connection (that's only about $10 a month) and I received a great computer for free.

Wow, depressing thread so far. :(

Hopefully my parents will give me some cash so I cna buy some new pots and pans, since I've burned my way through a half dozen since september.

My cousin, who is like a sister to me, but moved to Florida with her parents about five years ago, is here for ten days. :D

:xmascheers:

Top Bottom