Theater of War

Bowsling and Cyc played.

gps to Calis.

Kind of strange. My calculations show that Writing needs 96 b whearas at Regent it is 80 b.

Well, that doesn't mean that your scenario settings for tech research (or Ecipse's, for that matter) don't need to be reset to default. One or both could be off. Reset your's to default and see if it's the same.

Kind of strange. My calculations show that Writing needs 96 b whearas at Regent it is 80 b.

Perhaps the base value for multi player is different from single player?! Or did you use the correct map size?! Standard, 70% water.
I payed special attention to it this time, and the game is sure about it:

GPS to Knutis, 3f

Well, that doesn't mean that your scenario settings for tech research (or Ecipse's, for that matter) don't need to be reset to default. One or both could be off. Reset your's to default and see if it's the same.
Well, I just test our game. I am not big expert in moding. Indeed, for this scenario tech value is different for single and multiple mode. But I did not see an option to change "advances multiplier".

@Lantzelot: I also see "Regent" when I load the game. But as I said, Tech cost is like multpler =6 but at Regent by defult it is 5. If ALL have the same it is OK with me.

Just one question CYs,
you actualy play the 2 civs of your team, but do you do a save file between the 2 civ ? Or you click continue at end of the 1rst civ turn ?

Just answer and i'll explain why there is something important here :cool:.

I just click continue.

OKay...
That's not good :(

Once i played a game 2 vs 2 with one guy, and we controled each 2 civ (played consecutively to play faster)

We used to do juste like you : "continue" turn (no save) after the 1rst civ turn

But, after some turns, i notice a bug with the 2d civ... as the workers worked very very fast !
They finished 3turn work in 2 turn,
They finished 4turn work in 2 turn,
They finished 5turn work in 3 turn,
They finished 6turn work in 3 turn,

etc.

Work time is divided by 2 (and just take the integer)

you did not notice it now because we just have played 2 turns...

So i recommand you to save between the 2 civs turns... or you will take an unfair advantage :(

Ok, but when I played in Tigranes TGW-Div PBEM, I played Russia then France. These were consecutive tribes and instead of saving I would just hit continue. Fast workers were not noticable in that game. And it was a very long game.

Ok, but when I played in Tigranes TGW-Div PBEM, I played Russia then France. These were consecutive tribes and instead of saving I would just hit continue. Fast workers were not noticable in that game. And it was a very long game.

OKay... you don't trust me.

So, just take 5 min and open Civ III Conquest.

Set a Pebm game, put 2 human players.

With worker, mine... on a plain, it will take 6 turns (for a non industrious civ).
Don't settle nor choose science... here we just verify that workers do work twice faster as expected.

End turn, clic continue.

2d civ... do the same.... end turn, clic continue

You now open, 2d turn of civ 1, if you clic on your worker, a message will say that 4 turns are remaining to mine.... As it should be 5.

End turn, play 2d civ,

3rd turn of 1st civ... clic on worker... :confused: 2 turns remaining...

4th turn... mine is complete; and the worker can begin a new task.

Result... 3 turn to mine instead of 6 :crazyeye:......

So... i think you should save game between you 2 civ... or that we wait for your partner to come back.

But the best would have been to not set 2 civ of a team simultaneous (and there is only 1 team on that position)

GPS to Eclipse

It's not that I don't trust you, muzbang. Saving between turns is not a big deal for me. I can do it. I will also try your test game. :thumbsup:

Work time is divided by 2 (and just take the integer)

Interesting bug... I once played a PBEM, where I controlled 3 civs: Germany, Austria-Hungaria and Ottomania in the TGW-Div PBEM with Tigranes and MoffJerjerod. Here the civs have also been in a row, but I always saved at the end of one civ, because the turns took hours and the scenario was a bit "unstable", so I didn't want to risk loosing the work of a couple hours due to a crash... Also sometimes I only had time to play one civ on one evening. Therefore I never noticed the bug. But if this is really true, we should make sure that no one can take advantage of it.

I. Larkin: I also see 96 beakers for Writing, so the values are the same for everyone.

But if this is really true, we should make sure that no one can take advantage of it.
What? You don't trust muzbang? :D

:sarcasm: Cyc wrings his hands.... :groucho: I've got them now..... :backstab: there's no way they'll be able to safeguard against this....... j/k ;)

Questions about scenario/ rules:

As I see we are set "at war" initially. Can we make a peace at the first meeting?

can we communicate by e-mail before contact? can we communicate by e-mail while sating at war?

Top Bottom