Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

What if the lake has salt water? :p

No, you can tell if a lake is fresh-water or an inland sea just by measuring its geographical area. 10 tiles or more has salt. Anything smaller than that is fresh water.

...The Great Salt Lake and the Dead Sea don't exist.

No, you can tell if a lake is fresh-water or an inland sea just by measuring its geographical area. 10 tiles or more has salt. Anything smaller than that is fresh water.

Hey, hey, they do exist. You haven't bought the latest world map : there is a connection between the Dead Sea and the Mediterranean. The explorers just hadn't been there yet.

What do you mean? Everyone's researched satellites already. :p

Don't tell me you have your own private satellite/ have your own nation which has researched it. You just inherited an outdated world map of your nation from about 100 years ago.

444. A sattelite is useless, as it only reveals all the world you haven't seen. Which, by that time, is very little.

Not true. If you can launch a satellite, then you can also build a part of a spaceship that can go to Alpha Centauri.

TECHNICALLY it's that since you're smarter you'll be more efficient at obtaining it :mischief:

Nah, it's from "measure twice, cut once". If you don't know how to count, you can't measure twice and just have to guess, so you end up cutting the same parts many times and throwing out the bad ones. :lol:

446. Any city can send a space ark to Alpha Centauri, but only one city can perform the ancient mystical rites needed to give water a :hammers:.

447. Whales or elephants are not endangered species. However, lions, bears, wolves and panthers all went extinct thousands of years ago, shortly after humans started to found settlements.

Wouldn't technically the Great Salt Lake be a desert? It doesn't flood and form an actual lake, does it?

449) [NB: Does not apply in RFC:E, C2C and some other mods] Only the Portuguese have ever used Carracks.

450) [NB: See above] Tercios are fictional, there are only musketmen, cavalry and riflemen!

451.Whales are endangered not because of whaling, but because of the discovery of combustion. Similarly, furs and ivory were endangered by plastics and industrialism respectively.

Wouldn't technically the Great Salt Lake be a desert? It doesn't flood and form an actual lake, does it?

The Great Salt Lake is, like the Dead Sea, a hyper saline body of water. It has rivers flowing into it but no exit, so the salts have accumulated over the millenia. It is never a dry lake bed.

The Great Salt Lake is, like the Dead Sea, a hyper saline body of water. It has rivers flowing into it but no exit, so the salts have accumulated over the millenia. It is never a dry lake bed.

Ah. I have always envisioned the Great Salt Lake to be like the desert that Will Smith dragged the alien through in Independence Day.

Ah. I have always envisioned the Great Salt Lake to be like the desert that Will Smith dragged the alien through in Independence Day.

And New Zealand looks exactly like the Shire, Rivendell, Mordor, et al. :lol:

(heard you have some great food though! Send me some lamb...)

:king::goodjob:

That would be Eastern California, on the other side of the mountains from LA, the same mountains that trap in the smog, prevent rain from getting to Death Valley... :crazyeye:

Top Bottom