1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This IS a Conservative C2C MP game Thunderbrd! :p

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by JosEPh_II, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Joseph is on the bubble...

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Spirictum next

4. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

Turn Done, Magnus is up

5. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Thunderbrd is up.

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

...and forgot to post again, but appears he took it...so back to Joseph...

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Spirictum next

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah, I guess I thought by posting in the other thread I was saying it about all 3. Sorry... was super tired last night and just trying to get it all done before heading to bed.

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

We seem to still have players who do not check and update their SVN 1st to see who has played. They seem to rely on the posts in each thread.

Spirictum next

10. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Well, yes, of course we do, as that is the method outlined when these games were started as being THE method by which we would know which players' turn was up. No other method(s) were mentioned or agreed to. That is why it is expected that each player post here when their turn is completed. That would be irrelevant if that were not the default method. Which it is.

That said, you have often said that you personally prefer a different method, and that is fine - for you. However, just because you prefer it does not make it the default method. It does not mean that anyone other than you should, much less is required to, use that method. Please stop acting like you think that it does.

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

What Is your Problem!??? It is In fact Easier to check the SVN than it is to come here and check threads as in multiple threads. And it's been proven that players don't even check the posts above their own. The SVN Show log Is The Best Way to see who has taken their turn. These threads are totally Unreliable.

So Get Off your high horse MagnusIlluminus. smh

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Why are we arguing about this? I'm sorry to have frustrated y'all for forgetting the post. **** happens.

13. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

Turn Done, Magnus is up

14. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Thunderbrd is up.

15. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Arguing? No, I just stated some facts which he tried, and failed, to counter with opinions.

Whether one thing is "easier" than another is very much a matter of opinion. Having an opinion does not make it a fact. My opinion is that checking the forums here is easier than whatever he is talking about, but that is irrelevant, as I explicitly stated that - as far as I am concerned - he can use whichever method he prefers. He just doesn't have the right to demand or expect that everyone else must do things his way just because he does it that way. What is relevant is that he is wrong on two points that he presented as factual.

1) These threads are much more reliable than the SVN. There have been several occasions over the years when the SVN was unavailable and thus could not be checked. There have been no instances (that I can recall, so I could be mistaken) of the forum being down. Thus the threads are clearly much more reliable than the SVN. The only unreliable aspect of the threads is the people using it, or failing to use it, and that really has nothing to do with the threads themselves.

No worries Thunderbrd, even though it took you four days to realize that your turn was up, I am not annoyed at or frustrated with you. I guess I am getting desensitized to extreme lag due to another specific player's frequent extreme lag.

2) I always read every post in the thread. Thus your statement that "...it has been proven that players do not read..." is factually incorrect. At least, it is if you were referring to all players. If you were only referring to certain players, than the statement could be correct, but you didn't say one way or the other so it is difficult to tell.

I am sorry if presenting actual facts rather than opinions sounds like being "on a high horse" to you. Perhaps you should consider if it is not you that is in that position.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I did not attack anyone with my original post. You on the other hand made a choice to attack me. So bug off. And now you try to come off like you did Nothing wrong?!!! You flat out attacked me in your post.

And your supposition that it is only my opinion is in fact untrue. The SVN Update then click the Tortoise Show Log Is the Very Best way to see who (whom) has committed a turn. Just because you choose to bury your head in the sand by refusing to learn how to click 2 buttons shows your arrogance.

Don't Ever attack me again. Understand.

@T-brd this has nothing to do with you directly. So nothing to be sorry about.

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Whoa - chill dudes!

Back on track - we've got a decent pace going again, so lets not spoil it by derailing into an unnecessary argument.

TB's turn...

raxo2222 likes this.
  18. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

I'm not with much time now, but I wanted to bring some light to this discussion:

- Pre-Info: Joseph posted about people still not using the SVN log to check their turns. Then Magnus replied that we agreed on the method of checking it here, and not in the SVN log. Nothing prior to these, and the rest will come below;

- 1st: It doesn't seem to me Magnus attacked anyone in his 1st response to Joseph. He did use caps only once, it could be a highlight, but the way he brought the subject was without the possibility of questioning, so I understand one could feel attacked;

- 2nd: Magnus recalled we agreed on using the posts here, and only these, to check whoever's turn it is. I don't recall this. I did a quick search through the initial pages of the Conservative Game and found nothing with 'post' that led to an agreement on this. It'd be nice if you could bring the proof of this agreement here. Maybe if this was agreed on either in the times of the Massive MP or the Another MP, I probably wasn't here yet. Or maybe it skipped my attention when I quickly searched the first pages of the Conservative Thread;

- 3rd: Joseph attacked back, that's undeniable, especially by having felt attacked (to which Joseph admitted later). But even though SVN can be an easier way to check, an agreement is an agreement, it doesn't matter if there's a better way. Instead, Joseph should propose we change the official method (if it has indeed been agreed by us), or propose for multiple agreed on methods for more reliability.

From now on things get a bit more personal and have no important implications to the game itself or how we communicate.

- Joseph went full rage mode, I'd advise against this. If you (Joseph) think he is wrong and also less capable then you to see the truth, there's no need to compromise your health because of that. I always think like that because getting angry really makes my health worse;

- Magnus mentions me without saying my name as the one who lags. I know I'm lagging these games, and I'm aware everyone knows this. This semester on college is being the worse I've ever passed through, a fact which i already shared with you all. And my time will be low from now on until at least July, when i'll have winter break, but even then it might not get back to what it was in the past. But my intention here is to make it clear that you can name me whenever you're talking the truth about me, or is giving an opinion with a serious explanation. I won't feel attacked, nor I'll freak out.

- Magnus getting into logic details about Joseph's "And it's been proven that players don't even check the posts above their own" is useless. He didn't say all, he didn't say some. This will lead to nowhere.

- Joseph states that considering the SVN is easier as just an opinion is untrue and he explains the steps of such method. Despite being a good attempt, it would be better if it was put side by side with the other method, but me getting deeper into this will be irrelevant to me and to all of us.

To finish this, if you keep discussing like that not only you'll get nowhere, but also both of you will become even more stressed. Propose things, ask for confirmation of facts, ask others for opinions and more confirmations and this will lead us to something. But interpreting each other the worst way possible, and using this as justification to lower the level of the arguments won't do us any good.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Snippy comments lead to snippy comments. Hurt people hurt people. None of us are above it but we all want the same result here. Koshling said it well. Chill dudes.

The game progresses on. Koshling's up!

20. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Good points Spirictum. My response to the "reading posts" bit was entirely unnecessary, as his point was not clear. I retract that point.

As a note, I have no bad feelings towards JosEPh or anyone else here at this point in time. That may change if JosEPh continues being intentionally rude as he has been being. [For example: "Just because you choose to bury your head in the sand by refusing to learn how to click 2 buttons shows your arrogance." can only be taken as being rude at the least, and an attack at worst.] The entirety of this post should be read as if spoken impassively by a Vulcan (from Star Trek). Any other tone or inflection heard or inferred by the reader is misplaced.

From my perspective, JosEPh, I never attacked you personally. I do not understand how you could read what I posted as an attack. I understand that you did read it as an attack though. It was not intended as an attack, just presenting facts*. In the future, any time that you read something that I post that seems like it may be an attack, perhaps you should step back (literally or figuratively) and wait a few hours before responding to it. Let yourself cool down a bit. Seeing as I have not attacked you, despite your insistence that I have, your (unspecified) threat is unneeded and unacceptable. I am guessing that you are mad and/or frustrated at something elsewhere in reality and are transferring that hostility here. That is really not helpful to anyone. You should try to avoid doing that.

*: Or at least, what I thought were facts. I just re-read the first twelve (or more) pages of this thread. Wow, I had forgotten all of the issues that almost killed this game before it began. As it turns out, there was entirely no discussion in this thread of the default method for showing whose turn was up. Well, there was a brief bit almost along that line at posts 162 & 163, but not quite the same thing. However, even though it was not actively discussed, it is easily apparent that the assumed method that everyone would be using was posting in the forum, and this thread in specific, that the active player had played their turn and the next person was up. All posted instructions for what to do included posting here.

Thus, it turns out that I was partially wrong in that checking the forum threads here was never explicitly discussed and agreed to, and is thus not by that means the 'default' method. On the other hand no other method was presented as an alternative, and thus checking the forum threads was the default method because that is what everyone did, and what everyone was expected to do.

As to which method is easier, I have found over the years that (approximately) 95% of the time when my turn is up, the 'most recent poster' for each thread will be the person immediately before me in that specific game's turn order. Thus, all I have to do is bring up the "Multiplayer and LP's" sub-forum and look at the 'most recent poster' to see if I am up. This only takes one click, as I have this sub-forum bookmarked specifically. Thus if the measurement for determining ease of use is in clicks, which you seemed to be using, my method wins. Most of the time anyway.