Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2: "Similar Threads"

Elephantium

Malcolm was a very good cat.
Can I get a way to hide "similar threads" at the bottom of the screen? I tend to hit the 'End' key on a thread I'm following to get to the latest post on a page, and with the new layout, all I see is this Reply box and the list of similar threads :( I have to scroll up again to see the last post.

It would be nice to be able to actually see the last post in the thread when I do this!

Can I get a way to hide "similar threads" at the bottom of the screen? I tend to hit the 'End' key on a thread I'm following to get to the latest post on a page, and with the new layout, all I see is this Reply box and the list of similar threads :( I have to scroll up again to see the last post.

It would be nice to be able to actually see the last post in the thread when I do this!
We have just decided to keep this feature, sorry :/.

If there is a new post in a thread, you should come automatically to the most recent new post.

We have just decided to keep this feature, sorry :/.

If there is a new post in a thread, you should come automatically to the most recent new post.

[bargaining] Okay, but how about a feature where you click on the "similar threads" header to hide/show that block? That would help my use-case while preserving the feature overall.

TBF, it is a pretty minor complaint. Either way, thanks for the quick reply!

@Elephantium
What threads do you see listed?

EDIT: at the bottom of this page

Moderator Action: Moved these posts to a separate thread.

similar_threads.png

These are the options we have.

thx

We could it above the thread though (see the picture of options above).
If it isn't, like, "sticky", and doesn't prevent going to the first unread post, that would work for me. But there are probably some folks who DO like to see Sim Thrds, and then, once their "first unread" was down the page a bit, they would NEVER see it.

So I'd say - far better a very minor annoyance for me rather than a genuine "fail" for others.

At the top of the page would be the worst choice.

Anyway, even though it will be ignored, consider this post another vote for not having this "feature" or at least for having a way to hide it.

Personally I don't think it adds anything..I have to scroll past it constantly to reach Home > Forums > CIVFANATICS > Site Feedback to click to get back to see threads again.

Is it useful in the gaming parts subforum?