Thread to Report Issues with new xenForo version 2.2

I guess this isn't exactly an issue but I just found that posting messages on people's profile has a character limit of 420 and I feel this didn't use to be the case

and even if is it necessary?

Sus limit :smoke:

If you're writing a book, then I'd prefer if you posted it in the forum ;).

To be serious: We can set it higher. Anything what you would consider reasonable?
Int64.Max

Moderator Action: Moderation color text

Moderator Action: Another color

Moderator Action: and another

In grey style

Blue is not so good.

@The_J What do paid styles cost?

Ah, yeah, let me tweak the blue. EDIT: Done.

For the costs, that seems to range between 10 to 100$, with a majority around 30-35$. Only the license holder seems to be able to buy them though (so that is TF).

Hm...
Isn't there a limit in characters in forum posts too? (not 420, of course :D )

Yep, 150000.
There's a warning there though that this should not be set to high for performance reasons, although I wonder now what "too high" could be.

Last edited:
I quickly checked some Civ5 war academy posts, and the longest I saw (random selection) was 37.000. So I guess maybe we shouldn't mess with the current post length, might have consequences for older posts.

As I recall, the post limit in vBulliten was 55,000 characters. I ran up against that limit several times while playing succession games.

I quickly checked some Civ5 war academy posts, and the longest I saw (random selection) was 37.000. So I guess maybe we shouldn't mess with the current post length, might have consequences for older posts.
Didn't take into account actual large article "posts" :o
Those people must be serious, writing roughly 8.000 word articles on Civ5.

Another tiny nit pick I stumbled across recently: once a thread's responses reach 4 digits, it simply says "1K". There's a big difference between 1001 and 1999. Is there any way to change it to show the actual number?

The only reason I ask is, I like to check the number of responses before I click on a thread, so I can get an idea of just how far behind I am and how much reading I'll have to do to catch up.

mmhh... I've had a look around, but it seems that there's no easy option for that.
I would guess I might be able to find this if I dig into the templates to see how the number formatting is done, but...er... might also not find it.

mmhh... I've had a look around, but it seems that there's no easy option for that.
I would guess I might be able to find this if I dig into the templates to see how the number formatting is done, but...er... might also not find it.

Curious how the new version of Xenforo features downgrades in some things. Is it the civ franchise? :p

We should perhaps be closing these anyway and starting another one.
Some of the threads are the "Quick Questions/Quick Answers" threads, or the "Civ # Funny/Strange Screenshots" threads.

I'm sorry if this has already been reported, I didn't check the whole thread. But the site keeps asking me to enable push notifications, even after selecting "don't ask me again" multiple times. It's not a big deal but still kind of bothersome. What would push notifications on my desktop device even look like? I get enough notifications on my phone and to me the appeal of forums is that I can interact with them using pull instead of push :)

One thing that is definitely better with this version of the forum, is that now it doesn't save the first text you had in a reply you didn't post, but it updates that text. Useful for me, when I had written something but no longer planned to post it - and in the old forum had to be mindful of it automatically showing up in the next post since days passed and I forgot there was something auto-saved there :p
So now I can have it auto-update to a single character.

Top Bottom