TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's profitable for a company. Now, for a city, a complicated thing that goes beyond "make a lot of money", well, slightly less.

TIL: Having an economy that's solely run on gaming is not a sustainable for a healthy economy. If things going on down in Atlantic City has shown.

:confused:

Anywho, today I learned there's 4 million Scotsmen. Which is fine. And most Scotsmen like Scotland the way it is. Yay whiskey! :beer: Oh, wait, that's beer... That's for the Englishmen. If it's not cold. The beer, not the Englishmen.

:confused:

Anywho, today I learned there's 4 million Scotsmen. Which is fine. And most Scotsmen like Scotland the way it is. Yay whiskey! :beer: Oh, wait, that's beer... That's for the Englishmen. If it's not cold. The beer, not the Englishmen.

You see, thats a common misconception about Englishmen and beer. We don't like warm beer. We like room temperature beer (and by beer I mean beer, not that urine sometimes called lager). And in England, "room temperature" isn't really that warm...

TIL; In the Batman movie, the police arrested a storm trooper, and in Star Wars 7, the bat mobile is attached to the underside of the Millennium Falcon, as the two directors are friends and decided to reference each other's movies in their own.

TIL just how much I appreciate the blue colour on the Union Jack.

The Union Flag. It's only the Jack if it's aboard a ship. :)

Well, that's new then. I don't disagree with your sentiment though. :)

^Is there any black in the Union Jack?

(recalling a rather hostile graffiti in the prestigious Holland Park area, in a wall only meters away from Hyde park).

Sadly Cornwall wasn't considered a seperate part of the Union...

TIL cops also have omerta.

You see, thats a common misconception about Englishmen and beer. We don't like warm beer. We like room temperature beer (and by beer I mean beer, not that urine sometimes called lager). And in England, "room temperature" isn't really that warm...

So not cool then. Also, there preferably must not be any foam on the beer. I apologize for not making clear an Englishman wants his beer not cool and not fresh. One wonders why no English beer isn't exported...

So not cool then. Also, there preferably must not be any foam on the beer. I apologize for not making clear an Englishman wants his beer not cool and not fresh. One wonders why no English beer isn't exported...

I think one of the top ten US beer imports comes from England. If a beer is still good at room temperature it's probably a really good beer.

I think one of the top ten US beer imports comes from England. If a beer is still good at room temperature it's probably a really good beer.

From what I've gathered it's really easy to beat the US on the beer taste front, so not too much of an achievement in that case.

From what I've gathered it's really easy to beat the US on the beer taste front, so not too much of an achievement in that case.

Being among the top ten imports doesn't make it a very big seller. Americans seem to be drinking plenty of US beers, so they must not taste too bad.

I don't always drink beer,
But when I do I drink a "Belgian" ale brewed in St Louis.

The Belgians make some fine bottled beers.

But bottled beer is a different drink from draft. Which, at its very best, is hand-pumped, or even gravity-fed (straight from the barrel behind the bar, landlord, thank you, or keep those pipes clean!).

None of this top-pressure rubbish, nor, worse yet, keg beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom