Time for the X-mas smileys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should wait until 19th December, for St. Nicholas's day (or, for those rome-worshippers out there, 6th December) for Christmas smiles.

December 1, and leave them up until just after New Year's.

Which 2 months? I'm already getting Christmas catalogues from the mail-order craft and puzzle companies and the ads for decorations are already on TV.

This year I might decorate a tree... if my cats can be persuaded to leave it alone.

And preferably get them back to normal before February or something like it was last xmas.

:snowgrin: We usually have our first snow by now.
And in the southern parts of Argentina it's still snowing, and it doesn't make it winter now, does it?
I think we should wait until 19th December, for St. Nicholas's day (or, for those rome-worshippers out there, 6th December) for Christmas smiles.
Let's see, Christmas is on the 25th, so we can wait until 11 a.m. on the 24th for that. Yet, I watched Home Alone 2 yesterday… no, the Christmas smileys are still not needed.

CivGeneral, on one of my forums, the default smileys are changed with the seasons. I've got whole collections of Christmas, Easter, various seasons, Halloween... :lol:

we....

we can has???

Please not before Thanksgiving.

CivGeneral, on one of my forums, the default smileys are changed with the seasons. I've got whole collections of Christmas, Easter, various seasons, Halloween... :lol:
Is It set up where it's done automatically or manually like on this board to the point where we complain about having them in the middle of January?
This...

Here we come for smileys, made of red and green,
Here we look for emoticons,
So fair to be seen,

Christmas joy come to you,
And to you emoticons too,
It's time for some Santa smileys,
It's time for Santa smileys.

Thanksgiving has been over for weeks.

Is It set up where it's done automatically or manually like on this board to the point where we complain about having them in the middle of January?
Manually. I used to belong to a smiley forum that was dedicated to creating Invision-style smileys (the 'trophy' smileys here are Invision-style). I'm proud to say that there are some smiley sets that exist online now because I either created them or asked for a custom set to be made - which was done for my Doctor Who forum).

The Spud set was my idea, btw. There are several that were made, and I just used the basic Spud template to make my Spud-on-a-scooter smiley that I used as an avatar here.

No problem! Thanksgiving's already passed. ;)
It's nice to have Thanksgiving while the weather's still decent, isn't it? :)

Here we come for smileys, made of red and green,
Here we look for emoticons,
So fair to be seen,

Christmas joy come to you,
And to you emoticons too,
It's time for some Santa smileys,
It's time for Santa smileys.
Here's an early one for CivGeneral, since he doesn't like Christmas smileys:

(meant strictly as a friendly jest between friends ;))

And an early Thanksgiving greeting for Hygro:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom