Times For Heroes: Chapter 1, Origins

All right, well we'll have the next update installment tonight probably around 10 PM or so. Great stories everyone, I've really enjoyed what I've read so far. It's incredibly nice to see this amount of writing in an NES, something which has not occurred for me in some time.

The fact is that it's more likely and easier to have a story in here than in, shall we say, TWTUDII :wink:, as The Times For Heroes deals with a fantasy world with a background that has yet to be completely developed, and it's falling to us NESers to do that. The pity is that I won't be able to read the new update until tomorrow, 'cause of the different time zones (6 hours, more or less), so you would be updating at 4 AM Peninsular Spain time.

Milarqui, my main issue was simply that you knew about an event that was supposed to be lost to history- but that's not really an issue now, since I assume that the diplomacy is withdrawn. Great story, by the way! Very flavourful.

Same to you, human-slaughter!

Milarqui, my main issue was simply that you knew about an event that was supposed to be lost to history- but that's not really an issue now, since I assume that the diplomacy is withdrawn. Great story, by the way! Very flavourful.

Thank you! Do you really know how much time I spent just searching for the words to make up the ancient Elven language???

Anyway, a cookie for the one who finds the references to a certain book!

Your elvish language looks like the one used by Christopher Paolini in the Inheritance Cycle but I maybe wrong. Next guess Tolkien.

Your elvish language looks like the one used by Christopher Paolini in the Inheritance Cycle but I maybe wrong. Next guess Tolkien.

And Vertinari wins the cookie! :D:D:D :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah, I really love Paolini's books (I am currently waiting for book number 4 of Inheritance so that I can finally find whether Eragon finally beats Galbatorix). Anyway, the languages in the book are so well expanded that I took many words from the Ancient Language of the book, and some other words from the Dwarven language, which I found quite interesting.

*Eats cookie* Thanks Milarqui. I love his books as well.

Alone I wandered for a long time searching in vain for the artifacts scattered across the land; searching for the artifact of my Goddess, my Queen yet I could not find it. Yet I had to do something even if I could not find Leifeimara artifact. So I decided to help drive back the nearby orc tribes. This cannot be done alone so I smell for followers (Eyes are not really that could in a forest). I inhaled a deep breath and on the wind I could smell the scent of small pack of young males who had no doubt recently been forced to leave the pack they were raised in to find mates and form their own packs. I could use these males. I dropped on to all fours and sprinted following the scent trail. I would soon have my my pack. Soon I could hunt and quest for glory but first a pack...

I was soon close enough to challenage and so I howled my challenge at the pack leader. Sure enough he howled a reply and we met in mid-bound, both rather startled at how near to each other we actually were, and tumbled to the ground fighting. The Alpha I was fighting managed to slide his claws into my belly as I slipped my mouth around his throat and drank deeply. The pack cowered before their new leader. Now to hunt down some orcs...

OOC: I hope I am not too late for orders EQ. Sorry for the lame story orders but it is late and I lack inspiration.

OOC: I hope I'm not too late with my orders either. I had no time to write stories this week...

Can I join after the update?

All right, well we'll have the next update installment tonight probably around 10 PM or so. Great stories everyone, I've really enjoyed what I've read so far. It's incredibly nice to see this amount of writing in an NES, something which has not occurred for me in some time.

Sorry for no orders or stories, but I just got a curfew (30 min of computer a day) and I still have homework: So I am quiting most NESes but will keep a few.

I will send orders for next one, just get tech Archary.

We're good. Got sidetracked last night. Starting the update now.

Nevermind on above, have a rather brutal headache out of nowhere, will do update int he morning.

Hell, so sorry, EQ. Believe me, I also hate it when I get a headache, they are always a pain in the ... (arse? No, head), and they only hit me when I am ill, just to compound on the wheezing and the runny nose.

Hope that that headache disappears soon, EQ.

The Story

Gnomish lords pledge allegiance to Dvergar, joining that nation

Achilles gets the Diamond of Dibbler. +1 to all stats.

Grothmag discovers the Jainah’s Amulet. +1 to mysticism, can command creatures of the seas

Anantnag builds temple of Vigaliana, begins welcoming more visitors

Roagim Dynasty military sweeps find no artifact of the gods, but leave many others dead.

In this time California expanded northward to a great degree and new towns and settlements popped up as people hoped to escape the densely urban southern lands. In these new lands a disturbing trend emerged as many began extolling the people of Gil’Galeth, viewing them as a superior race and have called for the people of California to recognize the northern lands as their true masters.

Wars on the Centaur: The centaur have mysteriously fading from the great plainslands as they rally around a mysterious figure known as the Khan in the lands of Gil’Galeth. It seems possible that the centaur may well organize themselves under the guidance of the Shadow of the Moon.

OOC

@Churchill_25: Turns out you were right about your orders and spending. I have refunded the 1k missing points.

Note on tech trading and contact: You can contact who ever you please, this isn’t exactly impassible territory. Of course the recipient may choose to ignore/eat the messenger, so it might not get there. Also, nations are free to send armies across “white” land to attack or destroy other powers.

Once again I’d like to clarify that I’m really only doing stuff that are outside the control of players. The true focus of this NES is on the stories written by the players. Thus, most articles are the bare summaries (if that). Please fill in gaps with your own writing.

What the heck is up with my stats? I asked this last update:

How do I have no production points? 5,000 (cities) plus 1,000 (Civil Obendiance) plus 2,500 (warriors) equals 8,500. I should still have 1,500 pro. points.

How do I only have 75 points now? I have 10 cities, giving me 100 income. Could you please fix this EQ?

double post

Top Bottom