TNESII: Et In Arcadia Ego

From: Hampstead Godwin, Provisional President of the Republic of New Albion
TO: The Free Nations of the World

It is a bitter day in New Albion. As I write this, I sit surrounded by weary men, good Christians all, worn down by the over-polished boot of foreign oppression. Heretics invade our sovereign land and befoul our sacred places, scatter our families to the wind, and, clothing their barbarity in regalia, make fine speeches, citing Holy Verse. Yea, well we know that Satan quotes the Scriptures, and a demon's word may well sound sweet to unguarded ears. I, however, am no king, no man of noble blood, nor heir to throne or title. Little schooled am I in those arts of rhetoric reserved to that caste of lords and princes. I know only that my homeland, unwilling, suffers bloody trespass, groans beneath transgression, cries out for relief, but not at any price.

Bloodied, broken though we've been, we've not yet been beat. Downtrodden as we are, we are not yet defeated. Though the very ground shakes at the host which stands against us, still yet unshaking stand we our ground. We poor farmers and freeman, what our souls may lack in gold and silver, God did repay in steel and iron. We are no weak-willed men, resplendent in our royal chambers, but wary lions, jealous of our rugged pride; for, indeed, we sought out this land, and tamed it, poured out our very blood and in no small measure. This land is indeed my brother, my father, for in my veins run scarce as much Godwin blood as lies in the soil of our sweet Republic, this first birthplace of democratic liberty.

And now vile heretics from a bastard throne make wild claims, first of restoration, then, with their liars' scheme revealed, of brutal annexation. They speak, in arrogance and ignorance, of some familial dispute, yet no such dispute is had. They are no brothers of mine, nor of any true Catholic. They claim no quarrel with the Holy See in Rome, yet they have committed damnable schism, vile in the eyes of the Lord. I say this once and for all, the Lords of Arcadia are no Christians, but heretics all, servants of Mammon, and damned to everlasting fire. They have no place at the table of Christian lords, having turned their backs on God long ago and led astray a pious and godly people into abomination, wickedness, and utter destruction. No Catholic king, nor any friend of liberty may, with right, assist them in their suppression of ancient freedoms.

In short, we will not submit to annexation by a foreign crown, and at that a heretic, not now, not ever. Though starved and lonely lions we be, we be yet lions, and shall in all things choose death before dictatorship, roaring down the hyenas with our final breath. Assist us if there be in you any fervor for human liberty, any sympathy for poor men trampled down by greedy lords, as unsated in their lust as they are enormous in their gluttony, or any love for God Almighty. Do not stand idly by, as the hypocrites of Levi and Judah, but aid we ravaged Samaritans, or risk your very souls.

To: The Kingdom of Arcadia, The Republic of New Albion

In our humble capacity, we have been asked to adjudicate in this Tritonic War. It is our understanding of this matter that errors have been committed by both sides, and that both sides possess just men fighting for just causes.

We oppose the anti-Catholic hatred of the now-defunct Directorate, which was, as we understand, supported by the Kingdom of Arcadia. The Arcadians have since repented for these hateful ways and we accept this repentance.

At the same time, we admonish the Republic of New Albion for deigning to make a deal with the devil, appealing to the heathen persecutors of the Japanese Shogunate, as opposed to requesting aid from her natural Catholic allies in Europa. We cannot countenance a Catholic power being invaded by another Christian state, even as we cannot countenance an alliance between Catholics and their natural enemies.

The Kingdom of Arcadia, if she truly wishes for peace and justice in the New World, should withdraw from New Albion and turn an unholy war into a holy crusade against the Japanese heathen.

To Bengal
From Imperial Shogunate of Japan

We congratulate you on your great victory against the decadent Malla and your new alliance with the Rajput. Given this, we wish to induct the Rajputs into our strategic partnership.

So what's the real deal with Tver?

To: All Italian parties in the Italian Civil War

Surrender the colony of Sapienza to us and we will leave your people alone.

To: The Jafdid Caliphate

Preying on the weak? We thought even the Mohammedans had more honor. Withdraw your troops from the Italian colony or we may have to intervene.

Portugal is monitoring the situation in New Albion carefully and will make an official statement soon enough.

To: The Holy Kingdom of France

We did not authorize the seizure of Sapienza. Tribes allied to us did. We are simply going along with their decision as of now.

We did not authorize the seizure of Sapienza. Tribes allied to us did. We are simply going along with their decision as of now.

If you cannot control your own ragged band of followers, then how can you claim to have any semblance sovereignty? Evidently you have enough to treat with the Italian government* and demand someone hand over their colony to your trust, so you must presumably have a reign over your tribes people. Do not attempt to claim that you as a government are simply "going along" with your "tribes"' decision; this is a ludicrous excuse. By attempting to negotiate for its surrender you showed you have enough control over the situation to bully; clearly you have enough control to reign in your unruly tribes. If, for some reason, you do not, then you cannot condone their decision and expect that to be accepted. Likewise, in the event that you cannot reign in your tribes, we will have to intervene, and pursue these "tribes" as far as they may go, to Riyadh or Mecca if we must.

* OOC: The French kingdom has not yet commented on the Italian situation.

To: The "Jafdid Caliphate"

We have no idea what you are referring to. Do you need a lesson in international diplomacy? Perhaps you are unaware or unsure of what you were supposed to respond to? Withdraw your troops, and stop avoiding the point of the matter.

OOC: Clearly, I wasn't paying much attention to the jingoist rhetoric I put in there. Edited.

We are liberating the tribal peoples and the Sunnis that live in them. We shall not withdraw.

The Treaty of Lanzhou
Known unofficially in some circles as the Treaty of Mama de Ren Zhe
1. The Xin Ming and Qing Dynasties agree to an immediate cessation of any and all hostilities.
2. The Xin Ming Dynasty and her foreign backers agree to compensate the Qing Dynasty with 3 EP for the purchase of land south of the Huang He, with final borders detailed below:
Spoiler :

3. The Qing Dynasty, The Xin Ming Dynasty, and the Kingdom of Arcadia agree to an immediate alliance, declaring war against the vile Shogunate of Japan.

Signed,
Lord Chancellor Richard Heron on behalf of His Majesty King Alfred IV of Arcadia

Signed,
The Nancheng Emperor, Son of Heaven

The new Xin Ming capital shall now be Beijing, seeing as how I already reside in what is left of the Forbidden City and my old capital was burned down by the Manchu. It is clear that our capture of Beijing signifies the beginning of the end of a foreign ruled China, and that those who attempt to stop the Han from reclaiming their old glory will be crushed.

To: The Shogunate of Japan

Just cut your losses and run away like the coward you are. The unimaginable onslaught of my armies will drive out any feeble attempt to stop the capturing of all your Chinese possessions.

We hope you took good care of our cities while we were away. ;)

Interesting developments all.

On the NPC front, Flavius Aetius has expressed interest in the Repubblica Arbitrato, while Darkening has reclaimed...reconfirmed, something, the Second Malinese Empire. SPEAKING OF AFRICA, both Africa and Europe will have some extra domestic event sections added in this weekend.

Nuke, if you're interested in taking the Bengalese Empire it's open for you. Denmark and Norway also need players.

Oh dear...whatever shall I do now...let me think back to similar circumstances...ah yes its coming back to me now. :satan: :mwaha:

I'm surprised you got flyingchicken to agree to this. He of all people should know better.

@Thlayli I need a response to pm.

Oh dear...whatever shall I do now...let me think back to similar circumstances...ah yes its coming back to me now. :satan: :mwaha:

I'm surprised you got flyingchicken to agree to this. He of all people should know better.

@Thlayli I need a response to pm.

flyingchicken was actually more willing to accept than me. This treaty could have came a day earlier if I hadn't been so stubborn :p

Top Bottom