To Catch a Predator

I agree, but I can't help but feel sorry for some of those non-violent pedophiles. They did not choose to have certain sexual preferences, they were simply made that way.

Don't fool yourself, they weren't made that way. They chose and wanted to be that way. That's their fantasy.

General_kill...did you choose to be an apologist or were you born that way? :lol:

Now you're just being flat out ridiculous.
We can control our desires, we create them.

Oh please. You can't address his point because you know it's right. You can't choose what girls you find hotter then others just as they can't choose their sexual desire.

Why the hell would anyone choose to have a messed up sexual desire that is against the law? What do they have to gain?

I don't like what they do to these people. I think they play on their desires and lure them into scenerios that they otherwise might never have put themselves in. They aren't getting criminals off the street, they are turning people into criminals and then arresting them. Yes, it does some good, but for the most part it's just good television and NBC and Chris Hansen probably don't give a . .. .. .. . about how many of these people are prosecuted.

In opening, I wish to admit that I am a double login. I wish to remain anonymous. If the mods could keep it that way, I would be much obliged.

EconomistBR, between the ages of 8 and 11 I was repeatedly molested by a family member. I have not gotten over it even though I am in therapy.

I am often attracted to children in the age bracket that I was in when I was abused. I am disgusted with myself and I hate myself. It is not a choice.

The choice I do have is to end the cycle of abuse. My attacker was molested himself as a kid.

Well, if the kid actually wants to be screwed by some old guy, I think they should tell the kids parent.

Don't fool yourself, they weren't made that way. They chose and wanted to be that way. That's their fantasy.

Yeah screw psychology and all that crap, Economist to the rescue!!

If Freud and all those people knew you would be one day born with all the knowledge of the world factory installed in your head, they wouldn't have wasted their time with the science bit.

Pity. :D

In opening, I wish to admit that I am a double login. I wish to remain anonymous. If the mods could keep it that way, I would be much obliged.

EconomistBR, between the ages of 8 and 11 I was repeatedly molested by a family member. I have not gotten over it even though I am in therapy.

I am often attracted to children in the age bracket that I was in when I was abused. I am disgusted with myself and I hate myself. It is not a choice.

The choice I do have is to end the cycle of abuse. My attacker was molested himself as a kid.

Thank you for proving my point (which I had yet to write down in this thread).

"Its their fantasy"...
Yeah, only way someone could know that, is if they themselves fantasized about such things, cause as far as I know, you can't be in anyone elses head and hear their thoughts.

Thats were pedophiles come from folks, don't be fooled by anyones home made "science" on the issue.

People choose to be pedophiles just like people choose to like or not chocolate.
People choose to like blonde women, people choose to like to watch TV, it's all choice. There is no fate.
Er, I never chose what I like to eat, or what I like to watch. There are lots of foods I don't like the taste of, and clearly I would choose to like them if I could! Why would I choose to have them taste horrible?

The point you should be focusing on is that since sexual relations with children is harmful, even if they can't help an attraction, they should refrain from doing it (since the act of abusing itself _is_ a choice; the attraction isn't).

Do you really think that humans are genetically pre-destined to have sex with chickens? Come on, of course not, they chose to want to have sex with chickens because they had nothing else to have sex with.
False dichotomy. Even if something is not genetic, doesn't mean it's a choice. There are countless other factors, from hormones into the womb to social environment when growing up.

If those guys had Russian models to have sex with they would NOT even look at the chicken.
The issue is not whether they would commit an act - the issue is whether they would be attracted to chickens, or children. And this would suggest that all child abusers are single and unable to get an adult relationship, which I don't think is true.

If I choose not to like chocolate I will stop liking chocolate. Why? I am not genetically pre-destined to like chocolate.
Are there any foods you hate the taste of?

NORMAL people choose burning candles, foot fetish, sadomasoquism, other choose women dressed as nurses etc...
But it's all choice.
Are you bisexual? By that, I mean are you attracted to both men and women (even if you only choose one gender to have relationships with)?

How do you explain all the sexual fetishes human have? Humans choose to have them.
There are countless theories and possible explanations that make more sense that people choosing to be attracted to them. I'm not sure what your Wikipedia quote is supposed to show? Furthermore, if what you say is true, words like "fetish" and "hetero/homo/bisexuality" wouldn't make sense, as everyone could change their choices of what they are attracted to. It wouldn't make sense to say someone had a specific attraction. Instead we'd just have words to describe people's behaviour.

Here's an experiment. Take something mundane like a turnip. Choose to have a fetish for it. Did it work? Are you turned on by that thing?

I think cops are being overly aggressive when they tackle nonviolent suspects. Otherwise, I support To Catch a Predator, and think it is one of the few acceptable uses of entrapment.

I think cops are being overly aggressive when they tackle nonviolent suspects. Otherwise, I support To Catch a Predator, and think it is one of the few acceptable uses of entrapment.

They just have to prove how tough they are by taking down a guy with his hands up. :lol:

Some of you sound like the men are the victims, they deserve to court, and mocked on tv, and the entire country find out. And then they deserve to be arrested and sent the jail, and beaten in jail.

They take advantage of children, and as a lesser crime ruin the internet for all the good users.

It's good to see you have contacted professional help.
It's horrible what has happened to you, but if you lose control of yourselve one day you will be the same monster as your abuser.

Here's an hint: go to an monastary and live in ascese, this will help focus your mind on other matters and help you to strive in purity.

Some of you sound like the men are the victims, they deserve to court, and mocked on tv, and the entire country find out. And then they deserve to be arrested and sent the jail, and beaten in jail.
By all means send them to jail, but who is it exactly who does the beating?

I think cops are being overly aggressive when they tackle nonviolent suspects. Otherwise, I support To Catch a Predator

Ha, I actually agree with this. SOmetimes they even have guys in guille suits outside the house to catch the guy by surprise. They just get so excited to have a criminal to bust, they can't contain themselves.

I support the show, and don't feel any sympathy for these pervs.

Why the hell would anyone choose to have a messed up sexual desire that is against the law? What do they have to gain?

Because preying on young girls is easy? I mean, all these guys show up ready to go, and all they had to do was chat on line for 10 min. No dates, no flowers, no money, no worrying about rejection, none of the normal worries/stress of having a normal relationship. If you didn't notice these guys aren't exactly "winners" and are looking for action where they think they can get it easily.

I don't mind the technique they use to catch people, it's that fact that they make it into a televison show that I find disturbing. The tackling of suspects is certainly inspired by putting on a show more than anything I'm sure.

They take advantage of children, and as a lesser crime ruin the internet for all the good users.

It's not equating them to vicitims. To truly tackle a problem, one has to be as knowledgable about it as possible. To deny that paedophelia is not a psychological disease only works against the goal of protecting children, not for it.

Top Bottom