Tom Petty to release live album!

I did a bit of research on this. If you don't know anyone you can go to a notary public and for a fee they can sign the application for you, or you can go to city hall and get a commissioner of oaths to sign it or an attorney's office.

Also, it's not necessary that the person who signs it be a close friend. Just someone you have known for 2 years. It could be a doctor, teacher. I was a bit thrown off by this because I don't think we have this requirement in the US but it was so long ago that I got my first passport that I don't know.

Check out this link for more info about it.

http://ask.metafilter.com/51863/Doe...omplicate-and-delay-release-Canadian-passport

Oh I see. I'll see about it then.

A lot of the articles about the charity show are talking about it being TP's only show of the year.... I guess either the Oracle OpenWorld thing didn't exist or they didn't know about it. Heh.

TP also makes some appearances in the recent George Harrison documentary. I've not seen it yet (can't find it) but some people say it's the best part.

TP appears in the current issue (#1142) of Rolling Stone magazine. It's one of those "playlist issues."

Just a little side note: On the Petty Archives, I completely rewrote the About page, and installed a little audio player .... You'll learn what it's for pretty shortly. ;)
Oh, and I ordered this off eBay:
Spoiler :

Also, here's an early interview with "Tommy" Petty. Yes, I am amused.

EDIT: Behold, the new audio player!

I'm a moderate fan of the Heartbreakers. I may keep an ear out for it.

Good. It'll be released November 25. Live tracks from the Mojo tour. I suspect it might be the same ones the Highway Companions Club got.

Also, it's not necessary that the person who signs it be a close friend. Just someone you have known for 2 years. It could be a doctor, teacher. I was a bit thrown off by this because I don't think we have this requirement in the US but it was so long ago that I got my first passport that I don't know.
It isn't a requirement. I got my passport over the summer and I didn't need to do any of that. Just show up at the designated passport-information dropoff center (for us it was the city hall) with all the info and in a few weeks you get your passport.

Are you in Canada?

Nope, I was referring to Nova's post about US Passport procedures.

http://www.tompetty.com/news/title/kiss-my-amps-live-vinylonly-coming-november-25-

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers are excited to announce the November 25th vinyl-only release of Kiss My Amps (Live). This limited edition, individually numbered album will only be available at independent retailers in support the Back To Black Friday Record Store Day event.

Kiss My Amps (Live) features 6 tracks from Mojo recorded during the 2010 Mojo Tour and also includes "Sweet William," a fan favorite recorded live during the 2008 Tour that has previously only been released as a b-side to "Room At The Top" from Echo.

The release of Kiss My Amps (Live) will be limited to 5,000 individually numbered pressings. Each copy will include a unique code to allow purchasers to also download the album at no extra charge in High Resolution FLAC or 320k MP3 formats.

Side One:
"Takin' My Time" - July 22, 2010 - The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
"I Should Have Known It" - June 16, 2010 - Rexall Place, Edmonton, Alberta
"Sweet William" - June 14, 2008 - Comcast Center, Mansfield, MA
"Jefferson Jericho Blues" - Aug 1, 2010 - Wachovia Arena, Philadelphia, PA

Side Two:
"First Flash Of Freedom" - Aug 1, 2010 - Wachovia Arena, Philadelphia, PA
"Running Man's Bible" - Sep 18, 2010 - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion, Raleigh, NC
"Good Enough" - July 31, 2010 - Wachovia Arena, Philadelphia, PA

Yes, I find the title hilarious............

Unfortunately I won't be able to get a copy. :( No independent retailers and even if there was I bet they mean the US.

Lolvinylonly.

I wasn't aware Tom Petty was a hipster...

Well TP is big on quality audio.... I seem to remember an interview with him talking in detail about FLAC.... or was it Blu-Ray?

Unfortunately I won't be able to get a copy. :( No independent retailers and even if there was I bet they mean the US.

It will be buyable on eBay I am sure.

At a heavily inflated price .... I'll think on it......

It's TP's birthday today!

Well TP is big on quality audio.... I seem to remember an interview with him talking in detail about FLAC.... or was it Blu-Ray?
Is vinyl of a higher quality then properly handled CD audio (DDD format)?

I dunno. I thought I read somewhere it is.

By the way, I don't know if I ever posted this from 2002:

Kissimmee, FL -- Members of a nudist group says they want to take off their hats -- not to mention the rest of their clothes -- to Tom Petty.

Erich Shuttauf of the American Association for Nude Recreation says his organization is overjoyed Petty has been telling talk show hosts like Katie Couric that his new record, "The Last DJ," "is perfect for dancing naked around the house."

Shuttauf says because of this, the AANR is offering an open invitation for "nude-recreation-friendly" Petty to play at an upcoming meeting of the board of trustees Nov. 19-23.

Members would be delighted if Petty played -- especially in the nude -- but if he can't make it, he's invited to any other club sanctioned event he'd wish to attend.

Also, Shuttauf says it's personal for him, because he's been "dancing naked to Petty in his own bedroom since high school."

Petty's "The Last DJ" hits stores today (Oct. 8).

:lmao:

Is vinyl of a higher quality then properly handled CD audio (DDD format)?

No, it really isn't. CD can actually store considerably more data than vinyl can, the only difference is that in the early days of CD, vinyl made much better use of the limited space it had than CD did, generally using the extra space to make it louder. The only reason to put modern music on vinyl is for stylistic (read: hipster) reasons.

Well if you noticed they are including a code for downloading the audio as MP3 or FLAC...........

Top Bottom