Tomatekh's Timurids for VP

pineappledan

Deity
Tomatekh's Timurids for Vox Populi
Does not need the original mod
Download here

Timur (Leader)

Jewel of the East (UA)
Gain Free copies of Buildings from captured cities in your :c5capital: Capital.
When you Destroy a City, gain +1 to All Yields in the :c5capital:Capital for every 2 :c5citizen:Citizens lost.
:c5razing: Raze Cities at double speed.

Notes:
  • The captured buildings are Free, the same as if they were given via a policy or wonder, so they do not cost maintenance. If you already have a normal version of the building constructed in your capital, it will be replaced with a maintenance-free version.
  • Timur does not steal national wonders, world wonders, Corporation buildings, or unique buildings. A copy of the base building will be constructed instead of a unique one.
  • Buildings are stolen before they are destroyed in the city, so you are guaranteed to capture a building if it was there, regardless of if the building was destroyed in the conquest
  • Timur can steal non-unique buildings. This includes:
    • belief buildings (mandirs, churches, etc.)
    • policy buildings (monasteries, observatories)
    • zero capture buildings (walls, monuments, etc.)
    • mutually exclusive buildings (well/watermill, power plants, etc.)
    • Empire-Capped buildings (Guilds, Refineries, Recycling Centres, etc. Does not include National Wonders)

upload_2020-12-22_9-19-5.png

Registan (UW) (replaces Oxford University)
UW - Registan
(Oxford University)
Available at Education
Does not Require a University in the City
Must be built in the :c5capital:Capital
production required scales with number of cities
+3 :c5science: +3 :c5culture: +3:c5production: (up from 3:c5science:/3:c5culture:)​
+15% :c5war: Military Supply from Population.
-20% Science needed modifier​
2 Great Work of Writing slots (+3:c5science: Science if themed)​
Free Great Scientist​
+50 :c5culture: Culture every time you research a technology, scaling with era (up from 25)​
-1:c5unhappy: unhappiness from illiteracy​
Unlocks 3 Unique National Wonders: Ulugh Begh Madrasah, Sher-Dor Madrasah, and Tilya-Kori Madrasah​
Spoiler Registan Madrasahs - Credit to Hinin for the idea :

Ulugh Begh Madrasah (Unique National Wonder)
400:c5production: Production Cost
Requires Registan in City
3:c5science:, 1:c5faith:
3:c5greatperson: Great Writer Points​
+2:c5science: for Universities on Empire​
+3:c5science: for every incoming/outgoing :trade: International Trade Route in the City​

Sher-Dor Madrasah (Unique National Wonder)
3:c5production: 1:c5faith:
3:c5greatperson: Great Artist Points​
+2:c5production: for Markets on Empire​
+3:tourism: for every incoming/outgoing :trade: International Trade Route in the City​

Tilya-Kori Madrasah (Unique National Wonder)
3:c5culture:, 1:c5faith:
3:c5greatperson: Great Musician Points​
+2:c5culture: for Caravansaries on Empire​
+3:c5culture: for every incoming/outgoing :trade: International Trade Route in the City​

Tumen (UU) (replaces lancer)
Available at Astronomy (1 tech earlier)​
325:c5production: (25 cheaper than lancer)​
35 CP​
4 Moves​
Can move After Attacking​
-25% penalty vs Cities (instead of -33%)​
Mobility Promotion (+1 movement)​
Ghazwa Promotion (Gold from Attacking cities and killing units)​
Requires Horses​

Spoiler More Unique Components compatibility :

3UC - UI - Deh (Kalle from Afghanistan Mod)
Unlocked at Currency
Workers cannot construct Villages​
Cannot be built adjacent to another Deh​
4:c5gold:, 1:c5food:, 1:c5culture: (up from 3:c5gold:, 1:c5culture:)​
+1:c5gold:, +1:c5production:, +1:c5culture: when on a tile with a road​
+2:c5gold:, +2:c5production:, +2:c5culture: when on a tile with a railroad​
+1:c5gold:, +1:c5production:, and +1:c5culture: if a trade route, internal or external passes through. Increased to +2:c5gold:, +2:c5production:, and +2:c5culture: at Industrial​
+1:c5gold: at Guilds​
+1:c5culture: 1:c5food: at Railroads​
+2:c5production: and +1:c5gold: from Free Thought Policy​

Note: sneaky stuff like building a Deh adjacent to an enemy village, then conquering the city which owns the village is kosher. You can get 2 adjacent Deh by doing this, you just can't build 2 adjacent Deh on the land from scratch

4UC - Farsakh Cannon (UU) (Cannon replacement) - from Mughal mod

Unlocked at Gunpowder
400:c5production: (+50 from Cannon)​
15:c5strength: CS, 40:c5rangedstrength:RCS (+10 RCS)​
Cover I​
Siege I Promotion
May only move when at full health
Half movement in Enemy Territory​
200% vs Cities​
-25% vs land units​
-25% vs Naval​
Requires Iron​

Credits:
  • Civitar: Kalle Icon
  • bouncymischa: Kalle graphics
  • Janboruta: Icons
  • Leugi: Leaderheads and models.
  • Janboruta: Timur leader graphic, Tumen and Farsakh Cannon icons.
  • danrell: Model for the Tumen adapted from his Civ V China unit pack.
  • Firaxis: War Theme (Crossroads of the World Civ IV scenario).
  • Moriboe: lua, Tumen icon
  • Mosile: Registan icon
  • FramedArchitect: lua help.
  • Loreena McKennitt: Peace Theme.
  • Tomatekh: All code and art otherwise not listed.
  • Lastsword: lua coding
  • Pineappledan & Adan_eslavo: VP compatibility
  • Asterix Rage: Promotion Icons

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-24_21-45-35.png
    upload_2018-5-24_21-45-35.png
    226.2 KB · Views: 13,106
Last edited:
100% of damage to cities and 100% of killed unit CS converted to gold. For context the city dmg is the same as Gloryhound, and 1/2 as good as Viking. It is kept on upgrade, yes.

Looking for input/opinions/predicted issues. I'm also hoping to get some help with the UA bonus. It's going to be tough to code in lua.

Spoiler Alternative idea for Registan - Credit to Hinin :

UW - Registan (Oxford University)
Available at Education
Does not Require a University in the City
Must be built in the :c5capital:Capital

Requires 35 citizens in Empire
production required scales with number of cities

+3 :c5science: +3 :c5culture: +3:c5production: (up from 3:c5science:/3:c5culture:)
-20% Science needed modifier
2 Great Work of Writing slots (+3 Science if themed)
Free Great Scientist
+75 :c5culture: Culture every time you research a technology, scaling with era (up from 50)
Unlocks 3 Unique National Wonders: Ulugh Begh Madrasah, Sher-Dor Madrasah, and Tilya-Kori Madrasah

Ulugh Begh Madrasah (Unique National Wonder)
Available at Astronomy
350:c5production: Production Cost

2:c5science:, 1:c5faith:
2:c5greatperson: Great Writer Points
Free Observatory in City
+1:c5science: for Universities on Empire
+3:c5science: for every incoming/outgoing :trade: International Trade Route in the City

Sher-Dor Madrasah (Unique National Wonder)
Available at Architecture

2:tourism:, 2:c5production: 1:c5faith:
2:c5greatperson: Great Artist Points
+2:c5production: for Caravansaries on Empire
+3:tourism: for every incoming/outgoing :trade: International Trade Route in the City

Tilya-Kori Madrasah (Unique National Wonder)
Available at Acoustics

2:c5culture:, 1:c5faith:
2:c5greatperson: Great Musician Points
+2:c5culture: for Caravansaries on Empire
+3:c5culture: for every incoming/outgoing :trade: International Trade Route in the City

Will require a lot more work on custom icons. Since these 4 building projects are things that Timur can't plunder from other civs, it gives him something to sink a bit of production into if he finds he already has a well-equipped army.

Last edited:
Spoiler Strategy for Timurids :
War War War. Timur can sustain a magnificent capital while building nothing but military units and wonders in it. Why build infrastructure when you can steal it from others? Everything is about the capital, and funneling as much production and wealth into it as possible to fund a never-ending stream of warriors. Razing doubles the yields given to your capital, so only keep the best cities for yourself. This means that, while you are a prolific conqueror, you should focus on a core of only 4 cities and leave the rest. Why have cities when you could kill everyone inside them and build towers with their skulls instead?

The Registan and Deh provide a secondary focus: international trade out of your capital. Capitalize on your international trade route bonuses to keep up technologically and culturally with your opponents. The Deh is a super-village, whose ability to lengthen land trade routes can help you overcome vast geographical distance, in case you've killed all your neighbors already. Vassals, city-states and pacified empires are critical for keeping your trade up, while still maintaining a constant war footing.

Your warmongering can transition into a Cultural victory thanks to the Registan's steady tourism output, but it will be a lot faster if you murder every man, woman and child who could promote a competing culture.

Last edited:
Spoiler Timurid diplomacy :

iam-not-aman-of-blood-kills-200-000-atisfahan-builds-towers-1122634.png

Razing doubles the yields given to your capital, and you retain all the land you conquer, even if you raze. This allows you to maintain a vast empire -- with nothing in it. Keep all the strategic and luxury resources for yourself and get rid of all those pesky human beings. Why have cities when you could kill everyone inside them and build towers with their skulls instead?

In that case, +1:c5war: military supply cap to all the yields received would be nice ;)

In that case, +1:c5war: military supply cap to all the yields received would be nice ;)

It's seems logical for when you raze a city : having a few cities won't allow a warmonger like Tamerlan to have much Military supply.

I would also add something that territory of razed city that is connected to your territory is added to your Empire. Otherwise it can create patches of terrain belonging to Timurids for no reason whatsove. Like one-tile islands or patches of terrain in middle of someone elses Empire, where your units are gonna get trapped.

I like that, forcing the territory to stay only if connected to the capital would force Timurids to have long stretches of (silk) roads. The one problem I would foresee is coastal cities are a roll of the dice as to whether they retain their lighthouse (and therefore their ability to connect). You might be forced to hold a city long enough for it to build a lighthouse, then burn it down

Which Version of the Registan would people prefer?

Last edited:
If no one has any opinions, I'm leaning towards Hinin's proposed Registan change, with the 3 separately built Madrasahs. This gives Timur a little more to do in the capital than just pumping out units, and moves the power spike of the building back into the Renaissance

If no one has any opinions, I'm leaning towards Hinin's proposed Registan change, with the 3 separately built Madrasahs. This gives Timur a little more to do in the capital than just pumping out units, and moves the power spike of the building back into the Renaissance

Happy to have been of use. :D
In the end, you went even further than what I suggested, so it is more of a cooperative idea. :)

Your original idea -- the building evolving when the player reaches specific techs -- I felt was too similar to what Russia's Pogost does, and a bit too passive. Further, the evolution of the Pogost in that mod is meant to reflect the Pogost's evolving role within Russian society. The Registan, in contrast, did not have its role shift as more Madrasahs were added to it. Having the player build each madrasah reflects this better through gameplay, I think.

Do you think the bonuses/build cost on each are in line? A standard Renaissance building costs 500-600:c5production:. The 3 madrasahs are 350-400:c5production:, more in line with a late Medieval building (ie. workshop), so it requires 1150:c5production: to fully upgrade your Registan. This is slightly more than a standard late renaissance wonder (900:c5production: before modifiers from other wonders). I'm considering putting all 3 madrasah down to 300:c5production:, which is exactly the same cost as a university, and then each would be exactly 1/3 the cost of a Renaissance wonder.

Having the player build each madrasah reflects this better through gameplay, I think.

And I agree. :)

Do you think the bonuses/build cost on each are in line?

I think the production costs are fine as they are. Samarkand won't have much to produce besides troops anyway, so 1150 Production, dispersed throughout the Renaissance era, shouldn't be too much of a burden.

Still working on the lua. the on conquest lua is a serious doozy, with all the unique components that replace certain buildings. This civ is a bonanza of dummy buildings and unique building classes.

I am dropping the territory on razing from the proposal. With the inclusion of unique buildings, mutually exclusive buildings, more buildings in VP, more religious buildings, and the multitude of buildings unlocked via policies (monastery, observatory and the entire Tradition tree), the UA is very strong without. Furthermore, retaining territory from razed cities hurts the bonuses to your capital from city conquest. It stops you from being able to raze cities and let the AI resettle the area, only to get razed again. This is a bread and butter strategy for Assyria, so it would be frustrating not to be able to do it with Timur.

All the art assets, sql, and most of the lua is in place, but 2 lua codes are holding me up:
  • Trade route counter for the Registan
  • Unique building construction

• Do you think AI will manage to get those bonuses? I didn't see them razing city very often, and adding bonuses via lua do not make them do so I suppose.
  • Where can I download this? Without a copy I cannot help you.
  • How can I check the code and send you corrections if I have some? Via github or this thread? Maybe I will try to help you with lua some.
  • Seems like lots of coding. So from 4 codes you posted in 3uc thread only 3rd and 4th doesn't work or all of them have some issues?

Last edited:
There’s a lot mor code than that. Those are just the ones I’ve tested and didn’t manage to get working.

I’ll email you the full mod tonight, I’m away from my computer right now

Ok.

Top Bottom