Tomatekh's Timurids for VP

That will work, but it's going to throw up a ton of database errors when the game attempts to add `IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE` to Improvement_ValidTerrains, Improvement_Yields, etc. only to find that the improvement doesn't exist

Unfortunately there's no civilization overrides table for improvements so there's this trade off.
But in the end is that much important?
The layman player would never go look into the database.log so it's unaffected, and modders know that invalid references are at most circumscribed to their own file and are not even as serious as syntax errors that break the rest of the code within file.
The inconvenience is basically just the annoyance of lots of lines in the log (21 lines in case of the Kalle).
Otherwise the solution is to edit in the 'SELECT ... WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Buildings WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GERMANY_TEUTONIC_ORDER')' stuff to every instance where the improvement and the related build is mentioned.

well, I've pushed it at any rate. Who is even using these custom civs without 4UC anyways?

Just don't tell @adan_eslavo about all the error messages I introduced into the database log ;)

Who is even using these custom civs without 4UC anyways?
Don't kinkshame. u.u
Otherwise the solution is to edit in the 'SELECT ... WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Buildings WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GERMANY_TEUTONIC_ORDER')' stuff to every instance where the improvement and the related build is mentioned.
I am quite a lazy person so appreciate my effort u.u
I'm going to do it also for Israel's and Chola's UTI so my ocd is at peace.

Attachments

• Timurid Improvements.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 22
Hey Pineappledan,

I have been using your mods for a long, long time. I love them all, but I have been running into a problem trying to get this one to work. I have Vox Popoli's newest version installed and all the expansions, but it is saying I am missing dependecies for it. Really want to try, do you know what mod I might be missing? Would really love to play another one of your great mods. Thanks for any help.

Did you download the newest Version and swap the File that Jarcast posted above you? Because for me it works fine. Do you play with 3rd and 4th Components?

Nope, my file is not the solution for @iwolfiii 's problem.
The civ requires this DLC listed among dependencies
Code:
<Dlc id="6DA07636-4123-4018-B643-6575B4EC336B" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
that corresponds to the Expansion 2 of the game, that is BNW.

If you have BNW but still have problems in activating the mod try substitute the modinfo file with this one (edit: go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Tomatekh's The Timurids for VP\ and drop the file there replacing existing one).

Attachments

• The Timurids for VP modinfo.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Thank you so much Jarcast, the file worked amazingness. Also appreciate the help Valliand. Good mod, only problem is it is really a late game civ and I play raging barbarians always on :). But I do like trying new things, so here's to the many deaths I will have till I get it right.

Recently had a full playthrough. It definitely took a few tries to "get" how to play him, but once I embraced the Monument->Shrine->full military strat it went really well, capitulating 6 of the 7 AI (stopped playing there, wasn't much of a point to press Next Turn for 3 hours). Got the capital running with a couple smaller captures/razes, then you hit Tumen and I honestly ran out of people to destroy on my continent. I've also seen him performing pretty decently in my other games, so at least on Emperor difficulty the AI plays it just fine.

I want to try another run going full razing and keeping conquests to just capitals just for fun to see how insane the capital can get. Really fun addition to the game!

Top Bottom