1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's Timurids for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, May 11, 2018.

1. maptap

maptap Chieftain

Does war weariness reset with each individual war? For example, you are at war with China. Then Korea declares war. If you end the war with China does all the war weariness you had from that war go away? Or does it stay until you make peace with Korea as well?

Edit: either way, I like the +15% idea.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

It only starts to go down once you are totally at peace. Resets is a bad way of thinking of it, because war weariness is reduced by a constant rate over several turns, until it hits zero. It doesn't just snap back to 0 immediately.

multiple fronts of war can cause a lot of problems. That is why it is very important to keep units alive. War weariness scales on units lost, cities lost, and damage done. Do more damage to your opponent while minimizing damage to your own army. crush your enemy with their own unhappiness. Force them to sue for peace, and be ready to take early peace deals even if you haven't taken everything you wanted. Make a few gains, then be willing to back off, so you can start again in 10 turns.

3. maptap

maptap Chieftain

Lol, what happens if everyone hates you so much they all declare war on you and you have no opportunities for total peace?

4. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

5. maptap

maptap Chieftain

Are you by any chance planning on releasing the updated version tonight?

6. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

7. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

UA buff implemented. +2 to all yields, Faith substituted for military supply

Added +15% military supply from population to Registan.

Increased Farsakh Cannon's RCS to 42 (was 40)

UA Lua fixed. The lua on city capture aborts prematurely if there were no buildings in the captured city (saves computation), yields in the capital was moved forward, so that it is not aborted.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  8. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

You posted wrong link to 4ucs version. I downloaded it and I got standard one.

9. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

10. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

update: Upgrades to Deh from the Rationalism policy have been moved so they are identical to the village. The increased yields on villages was moved in 9-6, but not updated in this mod.

Removed tech requirements for the 3 madrasah's unlocked by Registan.
    Increased building cost of Ulugh Beg Madrasah to 400

Hinin likes this.
  11. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Can you verify version again for 4uc? It states that v4 is most recent one, and when I click download there's v3.

12. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

13. Giza

Giza Chieftain

I'm not getting the 4UC version when using either link in the first post.

14. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

Should be fixed now.

I just uploaded an update; it disables the UA from stealing tradition policy buildings (no court astrologer, throne room, etc.)
    Too much of the policy's power is wrapped up in those buildings and I want Tradition to feel viable as a policy choice; not a policy tree you can hijack by conquering a tradition civ.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Hinin likes this.
  15. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

16. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

17. DoctorDuke

DoctorDuke Chieftain

18. Edaka

Edaka Chieftain

There's an issue with using this mod together with JFD's Cultural Diversity with the soundtrack. The thing is: everyone's generic soundtrack becomes islamic/middle eastern. Doesn't matter if you're playing as Venice or the Maya. Everything works fine with your other VP compatible civs (the Tlingit, the Inuit, Sumer, Israel, Canada and the Greece split). My own debugging efforts came to nothing, unfortunately.

19. pineappledan

pineappledan Warlord

20. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

Playing a game as Timurids right now, it feels really weird. I can't speak to overall power as I'm just entering Medieval, and it feels like they don't really pick up and feel particularly unique until Medieval/Renaissance, but I was pushed into going Tradition as I had no nearby neighbors early on. Now I'm facing a Shoshone that has invaded my land with their stupid border blobs (I have 4 cities in very spread out positions since I'm not worried about invasions).

One thing I noticed was it doesn't seem like there is any indication of what you received for free. For example, I took a city state since my military was sitting around unused, but I couldn't immediately figure out if/what buildings I received, there were only notifications for conquering and the +yields to my capital. I dug through my buildings list and found I had gotten a Lighthouse and Walls (neat), but I could see it being a bit annoying later in the game when you have to scroll through a ton of buildings.

I'm not sure how plausible a pop message is, though.