Tom's Unit Factory

...you do realize that every time you or Plotinus (or Sandris, for that matter) post dozens of units to the forum I end up spending hours and hours placing and replacing temporary placeholders with your spectacularly better alternatives. So thanks. Thanks alot.

:lol: I agree. Certain people are quite counterproductive to mod development. Just when you think you've finalized a civ, WHAMMO!, along comes another unit pack to cause hours and hours of work replacing things. What a wonderful inconvenience!

Here is a list of what each includes to help know what they contain. It has been added also to above posts. If you mean city units (immobile city defenders?) than there might be some that are appropriate depending what you would be doing in a scenario.

The best way I have found to use these (for what I need them as) is as immobile flag units that anyone can capture (so they aren't destroyed). Some could also be used with advanced auto-production, to upgrade to an appropriate unit.

There are probably about 100-150 more (some are animated portals and monoliths, various artifacts) that either are almost complete, or still need to be done.

Yeah, what I meant was a city, city similar to Vuldacon's Asian village/city unit.

Your pack didn't have quite what I was looking for, but there's still a treasure trove worth of stuff to play with. :)

Corrected Griffin Attack1.flc so it doesn't fly so far forward (which in game always on top of the defending unit). The main download has been updated. A patched file has been made available.
Download... GriffinAttack1.rar

Corrected Royal Griffin Attack1.flc so it doesn't fly so far forward (which in game always on top of the defending unit). The main download has been updated. A patched file has been made available.
Download... RoyalGriffinAttack1.rar

Yeah, what I meant was a city, city similar to Vuldacon's Asian village/city unit.

Your pack didn't have quite what I was looking for, but there's still a treasure trove worth of stuff to play with. :)

Was there something specific in mind you had? I think I remember seeing that unit from Vuldacon but probably looked over it in the database; might be in the other category ? I might be able to throw something together; can you provide link to his unit, and maybe give desc of what you are looking for.

Was there something specific in mind you had? I think I remember seeing that unit from Vuldacon but probably looked over it in the database; might be in the other category ? I might be able to throw something together; can you provide link to his unit, and maybe give desc of what you are looking for.

Nah, it's fine. I already made the unit myself using some graphics Redalert and Embryodead made.

I just need to export them as FLCs and fiddle with the sounds a bit, and then I should be able to post it up in a few days.

For the record, it is something in the style of this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=318646

The best way I have found to use these (for what I need them as) is as immobile flag units that anyone can capture (so they aren't destroyed).
Immobile & capturable unit + invisible VP location = animated victory point. Like the leftmost in sample 2.
At the very least, they will make excellent telepads.
That's one I hadn't thought of - how to make a static telepad outside of a city!
Thark Corporal of Barsoom

Do you intend to do any more Tharks with both a right- & left-handed attack? Sword & pistol would be a great combination, imho.

Do you intend to do any more Tharks with both a right- & left-handed attack? Sword & pistol would be a great combination, imho.

Yes, I am currently doing Thark with mace, axe, and club... as well as one with mace, axe, and sword. All the Tharks mostly from here on out will use both hands since they hold 3+ weapons.

You've never heard of the concept about being 'overworked', eh? :thumbsup:

I need a Thark with an eggbeater, golf club, crescent wrench, and hair dryer for my highly anticipated A Thark Holding Some Junk mod.

The egg beater doesn't render properly, it's too thin and shiny.

Top Bottom