Tom's Unit Factory

I can happily say I'm waiting for an answer from tom on such a thing. :)

I finished the ogre a while ago, I think late april. I thought I fixed all that; Oblivion models import a bit different, they are not really 'centered', they twitch all over the place, so they require alot of correction. But I guess I just didn't re-render it again or something. I'll put the corrected one up tomorrow; since I'm tired tonight.

As far as 'humany' units go with 3ds, it's not as easy (for me) to make one as it is with Poser. It's fairly easy for me to setup a simple rig from scratch, but I'm not good at 'skinning' it, in order to make the bones work properly with the mesh. I started learning about it one time, because I had some success with that whale unit I did, but it didn't require much movement.

One day I'm sure I'll get it all down; remember I didn't know a lickin' thing when I started; so every single aspect of everything was new to me, and there's still alot I'm not great at.

So that is why I don't make my own human/flesh units; but things like robotic type, or non-flesh, etc... like Terminators are relatively simple and straightforward. :)

* Correct Ogre has been uploaded and Ogre Mage has been uploaded to post 1615.

* wolf: sure it's possible, but I don't have time to build the model from scratch (or put this way, I could build it but don't want to spend the time I have doing so), so I would need one (IIRC one was available?). But I have enough to do right now to keep me busy. :)

I can do models for you tom. How's the current one working out?

Very good Tak! I did have to use the .obj file... the other had problems importing for some reason; but it worked out and I have setup some of the initial animation helpers. I should be able to use your crewman just fine also. I might import a pre-rigged and animated horse though, just to make it a bit easier on myself.

I won't have much time at all until next week, since I'll be OOT. So I'll try to give update then. Should I post in the other thread?

Ermmm… dunno, really. I'll be coming back on after Friday (exams again! failed one and have to retake it to stay on course, otherwise the subject goes down for the semester), so we'll both be inactive!
at least the friggan' exam won't disrupt my Champions League Final. Go Bayern!

Read the other thread too, Balthasar, there's been a couple updates there as well. :)

I almost forgot about the horse solo... the animations are pretty much done, so it's just a matter of rendering... but i'll try to finish the other stuff. I wont be around till next week though, so ill try to pick it back up then.

Hey Tom, not so sure if asking here is the right place or what, but what is the difficulty in rigging up some older animal models to create something like these?
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1330012a
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1330010a
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1330011a

I mean I know you've got a ton on your plate and all but I'm wondering if it's possible?

Probably possible to find something usable and just altering a model; but its the hours in the day that are so short!

Of course, of course :) Just wondering about the possibilities! I wouldn't expect you to make anything, what with all you have on your plate.

I almost forgot about the horse solo... the animations are pretty much done, so it's just a matter of rendering... but i'll try to finish the other stuff. I wont be around till next week though, so ill try to pick it back up then.

Cool. Thanks, Tom.

Read the other thread too, Balthasar, there's been a couple updates there as well. :)

Um, which other thread? I must be missing one.

Bone Dragon (unit conversion)

This file contains 2 parts; please download Part 2 also!

No Civ Colour.

Download here... BoneDragon.rar

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included. Is a NWN unit.

Hi Tom,

When I click the part 2 link it says image host is closed. Would it be possible for you to upload the part two elsewhere?

By the way I finally managed to get your infinitium tutorial to work for me now that I'm no-longer using a Korean language OS. I have one unit pretty much done but need to play around with the offsets a bit and it's probably too large and too dark also, so needs a bit of work, but otherwise is finished. Thanks again for that tutorial!

Hi Tom,

When I click the part 2 link it says image host is closed. Would it be possible for you to upload the part two elsewhere?

By the way I finally managed to get your infinitium tutorial to work for me now that I'm no-longer using a Korean language OS. I have one unit pretty much done but need to play around with the offsets a bit and it's probably too large and too dark also, so needs a bit of work, but otherwise is finished. Thanks again for that tutorial!

I have redone this unit and made a few others, but I will find and reupload the 2nd part in the meantime.

You might need to redownload both files, since I went ahead and reuploaded both.

Top Bottom