Tom's Unit Factory

Lost Soul (Floating Skull)

No Civ Color. Model from Atlantica. Effects/animations added. Based loosely on unit from Doom (ID software).

Download here... LostSoul-Skull.rar

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included. Is an Atlantica Online unit.

========================================================

Cacodemon

Has Civ Color. Some Effects added. Based on unit from Doom (ID software).

Download here... Cacodemon.zip

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included. Derived from a NWN unit.

========================================================

Dr. Mabuse (unit conversion)

Has Civ Color. Minor adjustments/additions made to original. Effects added.

Download here... DrMabuse.rar

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included. Is an Atlantica Online unit.
OMG! One look at the Dr. and something made 'click': "Ich habe nur einen Herrn und Gebieter: Doktor Mabuse!" ;)

GAAAAH!!! Er, I remember those evil, floating fiery skulls from DooM and DooM II (among the first games I seriously modded), they'd always be lurking around the corner when you least expected them....

Also similar to the Iron Liches in Heretic. :run:

So cool and evil looking! Excellent work as always!:)

Thanks all for comments!

Here is some of the things I have been working on (while still doing some of the steampunk stuff), hope to get done soon:

Tesla Tower; Ogre; Riderless Horse

I know there is a riderless horse out there already, but can't hurt to have another various few in different colors, along with a couple unicorns. Ogre with a tree trunk is update for CoMM3, Tesla Tower for Steampunk (based off how I saw Tak making it some time ago, I know he said he didn't have time to finish IIRC). Along with ogre, hope to eventually do a few goblins/orcs.

Attachments

• Projects-TeslaOgreHorse.jpg
    Projects-TeslaOgreHorse.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 650
Very cool! It's great to have you back in business. :thumbsup: That renews my hope that Tegetthoff and Helgoland might enjoy a re-rendering some day. :mischief:

is it the same horse the others used for their units (imperator, sandris...) ?? it would be great to be the same horse, or else the game would look a little weird; of course i do not want to spoil your intention, make whatever you want, just a thought, though.......also i am asking for the mongolian horse (riderless) as a przewalski wild horse, could this be done, if you get the model ffrom kinboat's mongolian horses it would prove great.....:assimilate:

Tom, are the units from your unit lottery on your to do list? I understand if they are not a priority though. I'm sure there are things for you to do that will get more use and/or contribute to projects that are nearer completion such as the steampunk mod.

That ogre looks great. I might have to bump something out of the unit list for my orcish civ to include that instead when done.

No it's not the same horse, only real difference is the thickness of the legs. I'm not using Poser, so I'm not using that horse. I'm making a unicorn, and so just happened that I will make the horses too.

It would probably be alot easier for Imperator or Sandris to just render that horse without a guy sitting on top, then for me to switch to another program and do it. That program crashes all the time on my computer, so I got fed up with it and quit using it long ago.

Anyways, here they are side-by-side:

You can use almost anything for a mongolian horse; can't tell a difference at civ scale.

Look below; mongolian horse looks similar to the black horse!
Spoiler :

Tom, are the units from your unit lottery on your to do list? I understand if they are not a priority though. I'm sure there are things for you to do that will get more use and/or contribute to projects that are nearer completion such as the steampunk mod.

That ogre looks great. I might have to bump something out of the unit list for my orcish civ to include that instead when done.

I forgot all about that; I haven't even been on this site in a long time till recently. Doing some that I need, and some for steampunk... I can put some of those from that lottery on the to-do list.

Attachments

• HorseCompare.jpg
    HorseCompare.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 654
Hey Tom, if you're planning to make riderless horses in different colors (a really good idea, and the preview looks great!), you might want to check out feenix-gallery.com which has pictures and info about horses (including feral horse breeds). It's the most informative I've yet seen on the subject, and chock full of useful details about how different breeds of horses are - and were, historically - used to do certain tasks. It's also got great reference pictures.

Top Bottom