• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tony Blair joins Catholic Church

The Iraq issue isnt about Catholicism - the Archbish of Canterbury was far more outspoken against the war - but about the British people having a belief (perhaps just a worry) that he was motivated but faith not reason. And the British people want their leaders (dam it, even their religious leaders) to make the big decisions based on the facts of this world not the next.

This was symptomatic of the fact that Blair had a massiah complex. Martin Amis's postmortum on Blair was telling, when he found himself falling for the massiah thing. Flying into Baghdad all the journo's, security and spin doctors are lashed into a military transport wearing flack jackets, with the spares over their legs. Blair didnt even do up his safty belt - got to walk out the back of the heavy-lifter looking A1. Blair, like theat fella from Apocalypse Now, knew he was going to be fine so much so that everyone around him - or Amis at least - believed it too.

He seemed to believe he was kissed by god, and that upsets the Brits, because a man who doesnt believe he can loose is a fool. He was our servant, and he answers to us. Anything between him and god is way down the line.

The Iraq issue isnt about Catholicism - the Archbish of Canterbury was far more outspoken against the war - but about the British people having a belief (perhaps just a worry) that he was motivated but faith not reason. And the British people want their leaders (dam it, even their religious leaders) to make the big decisions based on the facts of this world not the next.

This was symptomatic of the fact that Blair had a massiah complex. Martin Amis's postmortum on Blair was telling, when he found himself falling for the massiah thing. Flying into Baghdad all the journo's, security and spin doctors are lashed into a military transport wearing flack jackets, with the spares over their legs. Blair didnt even do up his safty belt - got to walk out the back of the heavy-lifter looking A1. Blair, like theat fella from Apocalypse Now, knew he was going to be fine so much so that everyone around him - or Amis at least - believed it too.

He seemed to believe he was kissed by god, and that upsets the Brits, because a man who doesnt believe he can loose is a fool. He was our servant, and he answers to us. Anything between him and god is way down the line.

So, you are saying the British people are connecting dots. What makes anyone think these dots are connected?

You can ask Jehveh about something, but if there is no Jehveh or any god, the answer you would get is yours. The only way they should be angry, is if Jehveh answered, and the Brits don't like Jehveh's answers.

He's pathetic. He should've been a man and be true to his believes (sorry for spelling) while he was in the office, or even before. He's another cowardly lying politician. I don't think he is a true catholic either.

Mm, so typical of popular opinion.

"Yay Tony Blair!"

a little while later

"France and Germany are unhappy, and it's cool to hate the war in America. Boo Tony Blair!"

a little while later

"He's out of office. Now we blame everything that happened in this world during his term on him!!!"

Works for a number of modern politicians. I thought he did a good job. Now people want to blame his "mistakes" on being motivated by faith, just because he decided to go Catholic? Idk, but that has the smell of a conspiracy theory to me, even watered down.

So, you are saying the British people are connecting dots. What makes anyone think these dots are connected?

You can ask Jehveh about something, but if there is no Jehveh or any god, the answer you would get is yours. The only way they should be angry, is if Jehveh answered, and the Brits don't like Jehveh's answers.

If he wants to commit Euan to war on the basis of Jehveh's say so that is a family matter. If our servant commits our families and taxes to war he had better be listening to COBRA. Otherwise he userps powers beyond his gift.

He's pathetic. He should've been a man and be true to his believes (sorry for spelling) while he was in the office, or even before. He's another cowardly lying politician. I don't think he is a true catholic either.

The Catholic thing is a dead end. He, like many people, went to the church favored by their better half. Man liked what he saw, or thought it would make the kiddies schooling an easier choice. Good for him. The reason he kept quiet about it was god, not the pope.

"France and Germany are unhappy, and it's cool to hate the war in America. Boo Tony Blair!"
Uh, the reasons against going against the war is far more than "it's cool it hate it"...

Mm, so typical of popular opinion.

"Yay Tony Blair!"

a little while later

a little while later

"He's out of office. Now we blame everything that happened in this world during his term on him!!!"
A lot of the people opposed to Blair started to see his BS back in 1998 or 1999; when he started exhibiting singns of Toryism.

If he had converted in his role as PM, I'd have been a lot more supportive; remember we are a Church of England country, who denies the power of the Catholic Church. If he had converted then, I'd have beleived him, rather than today'sBS.

The Prime Minister appoints Bishops, right? Wonder how that would have worked if he was a Catholic in office, lol.

A lot of the people opposed to Blair started to see his BS back in 1998 or 1999; when he started exhibiting singns of Toryism.

If he had converted in his role as PM, I'd have been a lot more supportive; remember we are a Church of England country, who denies the power of the Catholic Church. If he had converted then, I'd have beleived him, rather than today'sBS.

I wouldn't know, being an American. From what I saw and heard, he was generally popular until everyone began slamming Iraq and pointing fingers.

I wouldn't know, being an American. From what I saw and heard, he was generally popular until everyone began slamming Iraq and pointing fingers.

Not amongst old Labour, liberals and Tories. his popularity may have been primarily in America, where he would suit the evangelical right-wing wanker that would be popular there.

He appealed to far more than that here, but I suppose you're right. So much has changed in the past 8 years...

Not amongst old Labour, liberals and Tories. his popularity may have been primarily in America, where he would suit the evangelical right-wing wanker that would be popular there.

Harsh.

Remember the desire to see the tories out? Remember the riot police on the streets, day after day? Satan himself would have been loved for simply not being tory.

Harsh.

Remember the desire to see the tories out? Remember the riot police on the streets, day after day? Satan himself would have been loved for simply not being tory.

The day Labour won the landslifde, people rejoiced, not because it was Labour, but becauser the Tories had gone.
It became apparent fairly quickly, hat with his whole top-up fee crap, that it was a case of Mee tthe New Boss, same as the Old Boss.

Tony Blair joins Catholic Church

Good for him. Do we need to report on such things?

Good for him. Do we need to report on such things?
Apperently they do. People love to report on people changing religions. I wont be supprised if there was a report about Britney Speers converting to Scientology :rolleyes:.

Well if you ain't in the Anglican Church then you ain't in the proper English religion. And that is an insult to England. And if you're insultin England, then your insultin the Queen! And no one insults the Queen!

Top Bottom