[GS] Trade bugs - Did they accidentally swap flat gold (G) and GPT in evaluation?

After reading through all these examples I have decided to halt my game because the trade exploits won’t allow me to have a real post patch experience to assess the new state of the game and AI. Don’t get me wrong I love the balance changes they made and the search button is a life saver, but AI giving you ridiculous amounts of gold at Deity is a huge unfair advantage and does “break” the game. (at the least it breaks the difficulty level) Fix it ASAP please Firaxis!!

Yeah, it is taking the fun out of the game. I have played a two games after the patch and I tried to balance the game out by only making 1-1 trades with AI (regardless of what they actually was offering). But that takes out a big part of the game and also I can't control what the various AIs is doing to each other.
The sad part in this is that FXS is not known for their hot-fixes. Last year when we had a game-breaking trade bug they didn't do anything about it for a long time. Sad, with a patch that could have been so great. I will have to take a hiatus from the game (again), even though I don't want to. Hopefully FXS don't wait this time to fix this until their next scheduled patch.

Tell me it is hotfixed , I was so much waiting for this week-end to play with the new patch....especially since I wanted to play Musa , trade bug will make the game very silly.

This new development lead to every AI in my game not having GPT for trade. So I assume they make trades like these among themselves too . Another thing Ive noticed is that sometimes they come to me with a „normal” trade and if I try to modify it then it turns ridiculous. Of course sometimes they start with the bugged trade offer so maybe this has nothing to do with anything.

There is a separate legacy trade bug where if you offer something and ask the AI "what will you give me?" and they give only 1 gold. But if you repeat the same offer and put 100 gold on the table and say "make this deal work" they give you a correct deal. Looks like this bug is still not fixed either, however This is NOT the bug we are talking about here. That legacy bug at least has a work around whereas this NEW post patch "AI showering you with generous gpt" bug has no work around

I just played about 110 turns on a Deity game.
I haven't played for a few weeks.
Something is terribly wrong.
All trade deals were for 20 to 40 Gold Per Turn in the Early Game.
Difficult to not accept since it is so OP.
I am kinda sick like that.

At first I thought maybe it was the new Civ V Skin Mod I enabled but no, the game is bugged as always.
Of course I came in here to post about it but you all already know and have a thread about it.
I didn't know going into the game and was like... "Did I forget to switch to Deity"... Again??

They just never want to fix this game.
For 6 years I have read this Forum and everyone posts what needs to be fixed but we never get it.
All we do is keep handing them gold for volcanoes and tornadoes.
You think after 20 plus years they could get this game fixed.

Last edited:
Game breaking bug. How this wasn't found in the QA process I have no idea. No fix for the weekend - d.i.s.a.p.p.o.i.n.t.e.d.

\Skodkim

This makes settling on a Luxury worth the walk-a-bout :)
Turn 5 settle... no problem... give me all your gold!

Holy Mackerel!
I was running @ negative 1.2 GPT, couldn't trade with either of the 2 civs I had met as one had duplicate lux's and I was at war with the other. Then I met Pericles and traded him 1 lux for 63 GPT.
Spoiler :
Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 4_6_2019 1_07_44 PM.png

Firaxis P L E A S E fix the trade bug really really really wanted to play this weekend it's soo painful the wait is killing me...

P.S. I will upload my save game where I got the insane gpt deals in the next few hours

Last edited:
To be somewhat fair I suppose a player can fix the bug themselves.
We all know what a "fair" deal should be and can adjust the trade.
I am starting to think that playing with "No Trade with the AI" might be a necessary rule to implement.
I just have a difficult time not abusing the AI in this game in general :)

We know they are aware of the problem, and they probably have structural reasons for not being able to just rush out a patch, such as requiring a certain amount of testing to make sure that they aren't just reintroducing new bugs.

Unfortunately you would have thought that substantial testing would have prevented the trade bug from happening in the first place, but I'm betting it was just bad luck, with a late alteration that they didn't test enough.

I'm not going to quit playing, but I try to take even the bad deals, and yes I still get a significant number of bad deals from civs who aren't my friend or ally. I reject the outrageous deals (and honestly only in my first game did they offer outrageous deals, since then they have been generous, but I'm giving them a significant luxury instead of worthless things like diplo favor or open borders). And then I accept the so-so deals, and I never negotiate for better deals. I've never done that in civ games anyways, it's always been a less attractive part of the game for me (negotiating deals that is).

Yep, started a new game hoping they had fixed this. Traded my first luxury resource for 30gpt.. This makes the game way too broken for me. I appreciate the patch but you really have to wonder if there was any testing on this at all. I guess I'll wait for the fix.

I hope there will be fix very soon. I don't want to play Civ VI like this.

I loaded a save game in which I was looking to get my first Deity Cultural victory as Maori. I had previously survived a gang attack on me by neighboring civs responding to an emergency because I took one of Dido's cities. Then I survived yet another emergency for having taken a City State which caused all but two AIs to attack me. Because the AI units were lambs for the slaughter being sent in one by one as is custom, I had considerable leverage when offered peace deals. This resulted in all the enemy AIs in the game offering me all their gold per turn in exchange for peace. Mali gave me like a lump sum of 40 gold and then 1260 gold per turn on top of that, and I wasn't even a big threat to him. All combined I was earning a few thousands of gold per turn from just accepting peace.

Needless to say, any sense of achievement from winning was gone, so I quit after the peace deals and I haven't played since. This is like a week ago.

Waiting, Waiting, Wanting, Waiting, Craving, Waiting, TicksComingOn, Waiting, GoingInsane, Waiting, ... :crazyeye: :dunno: :hammer2: :eek2:

\Skodkim

PS: Did I mention that I'm growing in-patient here..?

I'm just not making any outrageous trade deals with the AI right now because it's no fun exploiting it, but at the same time, it takes some fun out of it because trading just isn't much fun now.

I'm just not making any outrageous trade deals with the AI right now because it's no fun exploiting it, but at the same time, it takes some fun out of it because trading just isn't much fun now.
I think I'll use it to counter the increased unit upgrade costs until I can find a mod that sets it back the way it was.

‘Abuse’ it when I need to, moderate it when I don’t.

Top Bottom