-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What we can research:
Flight (6 turns)
Espionage
Sanitation
Radio
Advance Flight
Amphibous War

We are researching Flight right now. I think we shall continue with flight, then sanitation, then Radio and we will be in Modern Times. We have a lot to do in the Modern Times. So to hurry up our research, I would like the science slider set at a level were we can research stuff in 4 turns. Other news is that there isn't many trades. Take a look at what we can trade and discuss...

...News...
The T&T Deputy position is still open! Just go to my office (in the Government forum) to apply. And coming soon...The research process of the Modern Times!!

Discuss...

Truckingpete
Minister of Trade and Technology

Minister,
obviously(?) your post is lacking vital information: Which trades are going on for how many more terms.

For example: Persia gives 315gpt for 5 more turns from a tech deal. This suggests the chance for a much better trade in 5 turns, then to give Xerxes a tech now for 210g.

Selling nationalism(rifles) to England which we are about to attack IMHO comes close to high treason. ;)

Regrading tech to research:
As I already argued in this thread:
We can get sanitation in 4 turns at 50%, +748gpt.
We can get flight in 4 turns at 90%, +175gpt.
We cannot yet get radio in 4 turns.

As I see it, we will need about 10 turns to finish Egypt. And we don't need flight for that. Thus we should do sanitation(hospitals) before flight to strengthen our growth and infrastructure and increase our production capability for tanks. And maybe afterwards we can get radio in 4 turns also.
:goodjob:

I personally NEVER EVER research espionage. Why do I want to spend money for spying when I have modern armor or nukes? :D

Please note that the current tech of Flight has been selected as a place holder only and that no turns of research has yet been carried out. We can therefore change without problems.

I prefer Sanitation -> Flight -> Radio -> Modern Age

If we want Espionage we should be able to trade for it (if there's anyone left to trade with).

tao said:
I personally NEVER EVER research espionage. Why do I want to spend money for spying when I have modern armor or nukes? :D

This, I have to agree with tao. We mihgt be able to get it from an AI, but we are conquering the world. But this tech could be very, VERY useful for the war with Persia and the Aztecs. (And if you didn't know, I am responsible for that too...for the spying...:D(*Secret Agent Man plays in the background* :scan: )

So far we all agreed on to research Sanitation..so that is the first thing to research. I want to research it in the minimal time. Then we shall go for flight then radio then the Modern Age...

Nuclear Weapons..HERE WE COME!! :nuke:

Also tao, I'll add when the trades are going to expire for my next "Trades and what to research next" thread...

i would like to launch off nukes at our last opponet this demogame... i think flight, sanitation, radio, modern stuff at the fastest possible while not loseing much

I never research optional techs in the industrial era (rarely, except for medicine early to mid industrial age. Let the AI research them for us. Let's go with:

Flight->Radio->Computers->(Synthetic Fibers path).

We can get Medicine from Persia right before we attack them. With 2 civs left by then, it really won't matter... The game is essentially won. Although, if the AI doesn't have medicine by the time we hit the modern era, I wouldn't mind researching medicine.

But, yes... maybe we SHOULD get nukes before the Aztecs do. After all... :mischief:

Rik Meleet said:
"Never trust an Aztec with nukes!" (Civ1 - unknown) - Repeated widely throughout the end of Civ 3 - DG4.

Yep, from the book of "Famous Last Words". :) The Aztecs would always have 2 continents to themselves in Civ1 (if the Americans weren't in, and you had to expand quickly in NA, since England would ALWAYS settle in Newfoundland. Yes, I always played earth maps).

i like to play earth maps in multiplayer because it makes it funner when you take over europe instead of jus a big island and also its easier to talk about where stuff is

I guess we could do that next game, but that's another topic for another thread. :)

Top Bottom