Trait Specific Improvement Ideas?

When I switched the Oracle to a Small Wonder, it lost the Doubles Temple Happiness flag. However, being the nice friendly to the AI guy that I am, I set it back to a Great Wonder, and I even gave it the ability to auto-produce a Worker, every 25 turns. It also costs 600 and now has a maintain fee of 10. You have to keep that prophetess happy, you know. I look forward to the announcement that one of the AI is busy building this.

When I switched the Oracle to a Small Wonder, it lost the Doubles Temple Happiness flag. However, being the nice friendly to the AI guy that I am, I set it back to a Great Wonder, and I even gave it the ability to auto-produce a Worker, every 25 turns. It also costs 600 and now has a maintain fee of 10. You have to keep that prophetess happy, you know. I look forward to the announcement that one of the AI is busy building this.
I have the Oracle as a GW that gives two free advances. I figure the Oracles seeing into the future gives them the ability to grant a couple of techs.

I have the Oracle as a GW that gives two free advances. I figure the Oracles seeing into the future gives them the ability to grant a couple of techs.
Now that is an interesting thought, but you are being too nice to the AI. If I did that, I would make it so that I would be the one to build it. I will give that one some though. Thanks for the idea.

You might want to have a look at my "An Intro To & An Encyclopedia Of Modding" I began with the old "Apolyton University Mod: C3C Version." That latter thread is by alexman, who was one of the Firaxis devs.

Recognizing the problems with the Oracle, his recommendation was the simple & straightforward:

"This Wonder is one of the weakest in the game, yet it is usually one of the AI’s top priorities." Fix: Reduced cost to 200 shields

-Oz
Yes, I am aware. :) Thanks for the link nonetheless.
I don't have many posts here and my account is only from 2014 (Anthony Boscia's Third World War project was just too good for a long time Red Storm Rising fan not to comment on) but I've been lurking and reading here for a while. :D

That means that the double temple effect functionality is free for Religious SW for the taking! :p

Edit: Ah, damn, that field is locked for SWs... time to ask Flintlock to unlock it. :D

Edit: Ah, damn, that field is locked for SWs... time to ask Flintlock to unlock it. :D
AFAIK, the GW-flags are only locked for SWs in the Firaxis Editor.

If you use e.g @Quintillus' Editor instead, you can make that change, and (I believe) a Flintlock-patched .exe will then also respect it (but don't quote me on that!) ;)

For the trait-specific improvements, I have been going back and forth on a couple. Researching the historical purposes of Guild Halls there seems to be some discrepancy. From Wikipedia, "A guildhall, also known as a 'guild hall' or 'guild house', is a historical building originally used for tax collecting ..."

So, one idea is to make it a unique improvement for Commercial Civs as an add-on to marketplaces. They would then have a Customs House SW that requires x number of Guild Halls. The other idea, and how I have seen other mods implement Guild Halls, would have them as the unique improvement for Industrious Civs serving more as a "craftsmen" guild. I could then have National Labor Union as the SW.

My original idea for Industrious Civs was the Smithy (forge) for the unique improvement and Ironworks as the SW. However, I am leaning towards having the Smithy act as a "barracks" for non-Miliray Civs. Military Civs would be able to build Barracks in every city. Whereas, non-military Civs would only be able to build a Smithy in a city with Iron in the radius, Stables in a city with horses, and later the War College in cities with Saltpeter.

If I have Smithy as an improvement for everyone, and the Guild Hall function as a "tax collector office" like Civilopedia states, then I don't know what to have for a unique improvement for Industrious Civs.

For the trait-specific improvements, I have been going back and forth on a couple. Researching the historical purposes of Guild Halls there seems to be some discrepancy. From Wikipedia, "A guildhall, also known as a 'guild hall' or 'guild house', is a historical building originally used for tax collecting ..."

So, one idea is to make it a unique improvement for Commercial Civs as an add-on to marketplaces. They would then have a Customs House SW that requires x number of Guild Halls. The other idea, and how I have seen other mods implement Guild Halls, would have them as the unique improvement for Industrious Civs serving more as a "craftsmen" guild. I could then have National Labor Union as the SW.

My original idea for Industrious Civs was the Smithy (forge) for the unique improvement and Ironworks as the SW. However, I am leaning towards having the Smithy act as a "barracks" for non-Miliray Civs. Military Civs would be able to build Barracks in every city. Whereas, non-military Civs would only be able to build a Smithy in a city with Iron in the radius, Stables in a city with horses, and later the War College in cities with Saltpeter.

If I have Smithy as an improvement for everyone, and the Guild Hall function as a "tax collector office" like Civilopedia states, then I don't know what to have for a unique improvement for Industrious Civs.
You might want to take a look at Theov's mod, as he does something similar.

Maybe something like an industrial zone, boosting production from around electricity onwards?

Top Bottom