Trans-Siberian Rail display

Can't say, how did you replace the victory file?

That sounds unlikely to work.

Doesn't seem like you can complete this goal with that particular save I'm afraid.

You mean how to get the old version back? You'll have to download the archive again.

I have a back-up of the old file. It will work only if i get the whole SVN version?

Yes. The files are interrelated.

Version 4.17. On starting the game, I used the world builder to cheat the Siberian cities and the railroad. The victory conditions window shows both parts of UHV goal 1 complete, so [I think] it should switch to showing "goal accomplished" for UHV goal 1. But it does not. Tried running the game forward two turns, did not help. Anyone know why it is not showing "goal accomplished?"

Can you upload the save where this is the case?

Can you upload the save where this is the case?

Here it is. Used the WorldBuilder to create the cities and rails on Turn 614 (Russia's start turn). On each of turns 614, 615, and 616, the victory tab showed both parts of UHV 1 as complete but not UHV 1 itself.

Attachments

• Stalin AD-0868 Turn 616.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
Oh, it's that early. Do you have the Railroad tech? The goal check is somewhat computationally expensive so I only enabled it after Russia can actually build railroads. Will look into it though.

Yes, it was just a test. I enabled the Railroad tech and ran it one more turn and it worked. So WaD, just not explained. Thanks.

Good that it worked. Still, I should probably fix the display.

Hm, I have just failed the "railroad from Moscow to a Siberian port" in the 1700 scenario. I had several railroad paths to a city in the tile just east of the gems tile (Ajan). Any ideas what could be wrong?

If you upload a save from that game, I could try to find out what's wrong.

Hm, I have just failed the "railroad from Moscow to a Siberian port" in the 1700 scenario. I had several railroad paths to a city in the tile just east of the gems tile (Ajan). Any ideas what could be wrong?

I just had the same problem with DoC 1.15. Railway was connected from Ajan to Moscow, then St Petersberg, but nothing triggered it. I then used World Builder to build three other Siberian port cities including two in Kamchatka, connected them with their own line through the arctic, and still nothing. My only other thoughts about this are that maybe I confused the algorithm by building a road first, then building the railway mostly going west from Ajan back to Moscow. Should I have started in Moscow?

Including 1914 Auto save if anyone wants to take a crack at this...

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1914 Turn 404.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 187
I just had the same problem with DoC 1.15. Railway was connected from Ajan to Moscow, then St Petersberg, but nothing triggered it. I then used World Builder to build three other Siberian port cities including two in Kamchatka, connected them with their own line through the arctic, and still nothing. My only other thoughts about this are that maybe I confused the algorithm by building a road first, then building the railway mostly going west from Ajan back to Moscow. Should I have started in Moscow?

Including 1914 Auto save if anyone wants to take a crack at this...

Perhaps You forget about first statement - at least 7 sities in Siberea (by the way Far East counts by old map as Siberian lands too)
Aslo I don't remember: Doc understand Kamchatka as Siberian Territory or not - if not You need RAILROADS to Vladivostok or Nikolaevsk-na-Amure:);
I will download Your save and maybe we will understand this issue;

Top Bottom