Resource icon

Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels (Version 2.0)

UncivilizedGuy

The Village Idiot
UncivilizedGuy submitted a new resource:

Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels - Barbarians now build unique units from major civilizations!

Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels!.... Oh my!!
!!Requires MOAR Units and Aztec DLC!!

• Barbarians now build unique units that belong to major civilizations!
  • Barbarians now look like the rag-tag bunch that they were meant to be and they are tough as hell!!
  • Most Barbarian units appear as unique units up to the Industrial Era.
  • Utilizes unit models in MOAR...

Read more about this resource...

This tells you how awful the AI is in this game when someone makes a mod to bolster the barbarians...

This tells you how awful the AI is in this game when someone makes a mod to bolster the barbarians...
There's no discernible difference between Chieftain and Deity. I usually have much more fun with the Barbarians than with the AI. I'll definitely give this mod a try.

Ok, I gave it a try. The unique units appear, which is great, but there's one weird little problem: when one of the Barbarian units defeats one of mine, my defeated unit turns into a captured builder. Every single time. Unfortunately, for me at least, the mod is currently unusable. If that's happening to the AI also, then by mid-game the game would probably be ready to crash.

Thanks for the feedback. That's a weird side effect. I did see a Barbarian builder in my test game and thought that was odd. Oh well, I don't think there is much I can do about it. This is actually a very simple mod. All I did was give the barbarians the civ traits to build unique units. I'm not sure it will crash the game though. Just have builders wandering around aimlessly until a civilization captures them.

I saw your mod dude, thought okay let me see what this is all about. First game, nothing unusual. Along comes Barbarian longboats, viking ships. I had 3 farms with a builder I got from goody hut. Bye to those farms with the raiding ability. :p Interesting Mod, makes barbarians dangerous. :)

Thanks for the feedback. That's a weird side effect. I did see a Barbarian builder in my test game and thought that was odd. Oh well, I don't think there is much I can do about it. This is actually a very simple mod. All I did was give the barbarians the civ traits to build unique units. I'm not sure it will crash the game though. Just have builders wandering around aimlessly until a civilization captures them.
Aztec trait applying to more than Eagle Warriors most likely. Think of it as a reward for harder barbarians- lots of free builders :)

Removing the Eagle Warrior trait would remove the unit entirely. Unfortunately the Aztecs are the only Civ that have a unique warrior at the moment. The only option is to put the barbarian warrior back in the game. I could create a new trait using the Eagle Warrior but honestly I haven't played a game with this mod to form an opinion about it.

well, barbs now scale with difficulty so I don't think this is necessary anymore... on the other hand! you could have way more fun stuff with the mod when utilizing the new DLC

I ran RnF with this mod on. Fought quite some barbs, but did not see any unique units? Should I have or the chance is rare?

Lots of spawning warriors, horsemen...but nothin unique (running also MOAR an Warfare Expanded)

Top Bottom