Tsar of the Russias: HoI2 Kaiserreich AAR

The Omega

Completely Insane
Das Opening Theme Music!!!!

First off, for those who don't know, Kaiserreich is a mod for Hearts of Iron 2 that asks the question, "What if Germany won WWI?" And this AAR here, it be about Russia, and Omega's attempts to turn it into an empire that can and will crush everything crushable.:)
Anyways, onto the AAR.

Prolouge
The Russian Civil War. We all know how it went. Bolshevik forces, under the leadership of Lenin, took control of Russia, and created the Soviet Union, the communist superpower that defeated Nazi Germany, was the leader of the Warsaw Pact in the Cold War, and eventually was replaced by an extremely fragile democracy in the 90's.
But none of that matters. Because it never happened. There was no Cold War. Nazi Germany never existed. The Bolsheviks lost the Civil War. But victory for the White Russians came at a terrible price. The German assistance that had won them the war costed them Ukraine, Belarous, and the Baltics, all which became German puppets. And the fragile Russian government could only helplessly watch as piece by piece, Russia fell apart, until only the Russian heartland, and most of Siberia was left. But while the majority of Russia was content to let itself slip deeper and deeper into the hole it had dug for itself, there were those who still remembered a time when Russia was strong. A time when none would dare to humiliate Russia as it had been humiliated. A time when Russia was ruled by a Caesar. And I'm sure you all know the Russian word for Caesar....

Moscow: January 1st, 1936
Omega stared out his window onto the snow covered city of Moscow. Though it was midnight, no one was celebrating the new year. No one had any reason to celebrate anymore. As he gazed, a shadowy figure entered the room.
Omega: "The hitman has been given his orders?'
Person Hidden In Shadowsness: "Yes."
Omega: "Are my officers ready to move?"
P.H.I.S.: "Yes."
Omega: "And the army?"
P.H.I.S.: "They will not dare move against us."
Omega: "Very good...."

The time of the Tsars was about to return....

Heil Tzar Omega!

Do we have planes yet? Maps?

Guns that work?

Anything?
Hey, I'm not Tsar yet! Just a measly minister of Security. But that's gonna change soon....

Planes? Of Course we have planes! 7 squads of planes from before WWI, all with completely untrained officers and soldiers, and all of which are extremely understrength! Nothing shall oppose us!:crazyeye:
I'm getting maps ready right now.
Well, technically, the guns work fine, it's just the soldiers with the guns that aren't so good.... Most of the divisions are understrength, outdated, and not very happy with being in the army (Russia starts out with 12.22% dissent.... Not good at all....) Plus, to make it worse, we have absolutely no land doctrines at all, and cannot research any until 1937 (Basically, our army is even less organized and effecient than the Soviet Army was before WWII....)
My only real hope is the fact that most of the worlds only slightly less messed up than we are, so if we can get a headstart on fixing the country, we might actually have a chance to survive! (And not be completely slaughtered by Mongolia, which happened the first time I tried playing as Russia in this mod.:mischief: )

You said germany won WW1 in this scenario right?

Then, why is Chzechelovoskia (sp?) in existence?

And if germany won, why would the Austro-Hungarian Empire also be dismantled?

Besides that, I wish, nay, demand, to be the Supreme Air Commander.

You said germany won WW1 in this scenario right?

Then, why is Chzechelovoskia (sp?) in existence?

And if germany won, why would the Austro-Hungarian Empire also be dismantled?

Besides that, I wish, nay, demand, to be the Supreme Air Commander.
The maker of the mod decided to represent the limited autonomy of the many places under Austrian rule, so their all Austrian puppets, and in an alliance with Austria. This actually works pretty well, because if one of those places doesn't feel like being ruled by Austria anymore, things get pretty messy down dere....

All Hail Prince Scamp, Supreme Air Commander!:salute:

The maker of the mod decided to represent the limited autonomy of the many places under Austrian rule, so their all Austrian puppets, and in an alliance with Austria. This actually works pretty well, because if one of those places doesn't feel like being ruled by Austria anymore, things get pretty messy down dere....

All Hail Prince Scamp, Supreme Air Commander!:salute:

That makes sense. I assumed that Austria-Hungary collapsed after the war into all of those subsections.

Also, who owns all that stuff in Africa?

And I call Minister of Silly Walks!

Part 1: Rise to Power

Moscow: Januray 4rth, 1936
Alexander Kerensky. President of the Russian Republic for 20 years. A Die-Hard Reformer, he had spent his entire career attempting to turn Russia into the republic he dreamed off, never giving up that dream, even as Russia collapsed underneath him. But Russia did not need dreamers. Russia needed leaders. Kerensky was shot at midnight, on January 4rth. The assasin was never found. The next morning, the Duma held an emergency meeting to decide who would lead Russia.

The Kremlin
The meeting room had already erupted into argument after only a few minutes. Half the people in the room had nominated themselves as the next president, and the other half seemed to be randomly switching sides. But everything went silent when Omega entered the room. Few risked the displeasure of Russia's Prince of Terror. Finally, one of the council members gathered enough courage to speak up.
"Omega, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be outside, stopping the rioting and anarchy out there?"
Omega: "It can wait. Guards, arrest them all."
The guards, who had previously simply been standing by the doors, marched forward and seized the councilmembers.
"What is the meaning of this? Let us go this instant!"
Omega: "I decided you all need a vacation. Siberia is supposed to be lovely this time of year. And from this moment forward, I shall be president of Russia. Take them away."

(Ignore the fact that it doesn't say Omega up there. In their zeal, my secretaries mispelled my name, and accidently put someone named Wrengel or something like that down.) :mischief:

*PrinceScamp celebrates by proving he is a good aimer with the drop-the-bomb-out-of-the-plane-and-hope-you-hit-your-large-target strategy*

I tried to find a picture from the M*A*S*H episode 5 O'Clock Charlie but couldn't. :(

Part 2: Second in Command

With Omega's hold on Russia tightening, all he needed to finally complete his conquest was appoint a second in command. But who? Omega didn't want to share power, but refusal to appoint a second in command would further destabalize the nation and anger the people, and Russia was close enough to revolution as it was. In a move completely out of character for Omega, he appointed the patriarch of the Orthodox Church as his second in command, in return for the Patriarchs promises to ask the Orthodox Russians to accept the new government. The plan worked, and it didn't take long before the dissent in Russia was halved.

Part 3: More Rebuildingness

While the areas around Moscow and St. Petersburg were firmly under Omega's control, Russia stretchef far beyond those two cities. To incorporate these far-away provinces, Omega created a centralized bureacracy, that would slowly expand as its power grew, until it he was finally able to effectively govern his nation. And with the bureacracy created, and the last of the dissenters quieted (Either through force or bribery) Omega was finally able to focus on his main goal: Rebuilding the army

(Russia gest alot of events like this.... It's gonna be a long time before I actually get to the important stuff....)

Part 4: Bloody Priests!!!!

Stare in awe and wonder at Omega's new capital in the city of St. Petersburg!
"]
(And then question Omega's sanity for the decision to move the capital from Moscow, which was a perfectly good spot, to someplace right on the border with people Russia will likely be at war with eventually;) )

And be astonished by the much more better news of Russia's army finally being rebuilt!

(This good news is also combined with teh wonderful news from PrinceScamp's department, where they have announced they have researched "Flying Circus" Doctrine. This would be much more impressive if not for the fact that the rest of the world had invented it over 20 years ago. And it would help if we actually knew how to make bombers. But that's for later!)

And then, gnash your teeth together at the sight of this upstart "Second in Command", who has angered Omega to the point where he cannot even write out a normal report, and instead must do it in this weird way!

(No matter which decision I chose, it gave me dissent, so I had to go with the lesser of three evils and agree to his demands....)

Man, give him an inch and he'll take a mile :shake:

At least the dissent was totally down by that point, even 5% dissent now is manageable. Are you building more industries, or are you hoping to gain factories through waging war with your newfound air power :p

Man, give him an inch and he'll take a mile :shake:

At least the dissent was totally down by that point, even 5% dissent now is manageable. Are you building more industries, or are you hoping to gain factories through waging war with your newfound air power :p
There's actually an event which will give me a choice of how I want the economy to grow, giving me the choice of choosing between industry (Which will give me alot of free factories, without me having to waste IC building them), military (Gives me free infantry, and alot of slider moves towards interventionism and hawk lobby) or agricultural (Which reduces dissent)
I'm not sure whether to go with industrial or military, though....

Weird Stuff Happening in the Rest of the World

-Ukraine chose Kruschev as their leader, and moved alot towards Syndicalism (The mods equivalent of communism)
-The Kingdom of Spain granted independance to Carlist Spain (Catholic dominated Theocracy that inhabits the northern part of Spain)
-The Combined Syndacists of America won the U.S. elections (Hooray, communist totalitarian state in America!) The Republic of California declared independance (California stretches from the west coast to Arizona.)
-Japan supported a coup in the Phillipines, that suceeded. Germany demanded naval bases. Japan refused. They're at war now.

A bunch of other stuff happened in the world at the time, but these things were the weirdest....

And All Hell Breaketh Loose

Well, within a few minutes of playing since my last post, the whole world went crazy. I'll try to reduce some of the confusion, but it was really crazygonutsness....
1) The Kingdom of Spain bans the Syndicalist party in Spain.
2) The Commune of France (Communist France that replaced old France) got angry at Spain, and declared war.
3) Ukraine and the Republic of Sicilies joined Commune of Franc'es war.
4) Germany declared war on Commune of France and they're alliance.
5) The Syndicalst party of Spain declared they're independance, forming some country with a name I can't pronounce or spell.
6) Northern Italy (Pope ruled Italy) declared war on the Republic of Sicilies.
7) Union of Britain (Communist England that replaced the UK) joined Commune of France's alliance in defense of Republic of Sicilies.
8) America First (Fascist party in the US) declared independence, taking most of the central US with them (The US is divided into three parts: The east is communist, the center is fascist, and the west is democratic. And it won't be long before they start killing each other)

Top Bottom