[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Also even if I choose to place ressources in true geographic places, there is no coal in middle Europe, Silk in Novgorod, two oil ressources in Arabia, but coffee in Denmark. :|

Am I doing something wrong?
Does anybody now a few tweaks for the map maybe?

:wavey:

Are you playing with More Luxuries? I am not sure if the map supports it.

Yep, playing with "More Luxuries".
Was playing without when I used another map (Play the world extended LUA ) but the CS still wanted to get Nutmeg etc. so I was trying a non "fixed resource map".

You could have a look into the file that is responsible for changing the ressources to have realistic placement. Maybe you can add the ressources of More Luxuries.

I'm having alot of problems with this mod with the 60 civs dll:
1. Only the shoshone have a tsl according to the setup menu out of all vanilla civs, although most modded civs have a tsl. Disabling Australia somehow solved this.
2. After disabling Australia, the vanilla civs problem was solved, but some modded civs still won't show up(Ayyubids, Ashanti, Israel, India pack by More civs) on giant and huge earth. Please help.

I'm having alot of problems with this mod with the 60 civs dll:
1. Only the shoshone have a tsl according to the setup menu out of all vanilla civs, although most modded civs have a tsl. Disabling Australia somehow solved this.
2. After disabling Australia, the vanilla civs problem was solved, but some modded civs still won't show up(Ayyubids, Ashanti, Israel, India pack by More civs) on giant and huge earth. Please help.

Please enable logging, attempt to start a game with the same set of mods, and then post your Database.log and Lua.log files. (Most likely, this is a problem with some civs' support files, but it won't hurt to check here either.)

I want to use this with the Chinookan civ from JFD. Is there a patch to get them working with this?

edit - nvm i missed them, it put them at the bottom instead of alphabetical order

edit 2 - what would cause there to be no fish on the map?

Is it possible to use this mod on a Mac for a PBEM? I've installed it and tried to open a save, but it didn't work. I got the error message "Needed DLC not available" (rough translation)

Hey JFD,

Is there any chance that support for LamilLerran's Wondrous Nature could be added? (Would this be difficult?)

Also, since you now manage this and are the author of ExCE, could you give the tribes from ExCE TSL?

Thanks all team members for this!:thumbsup:

Regarding the CivilizationStartPos.xml in the folder "JFD's Additions": I suppose, Civilizations_EuroLargeNew refers to Dieter von Clam's map. Or maybe not? The header "New Europe map start position" kind of suggests otherwise.

I'm asking that, because on my customized (ingame and some xml-files) Large Europe (Dieter von Clam) map some of the rare civs like Palatine, Ayyubid, Moors, and whatnot, have once successfully spawned but later disappeared and reappeared in different setups inscrutably. That is both the settlers on the map and the civ name from the setup menu. I probably screwed it up myself, because I don't know which files containing starting coordinates overwrite others… Part of the problem could be that I'm on a Mac and have no access to Modbuddy.

The spawning (and available number) of CSs is also pretty much inscrutable. When I allow a mix of Realist TSL city states and random, I end up with two realistic ones and all others wild mingle. Could also be the Mac version.

Do you guys plan to perhaps unify all the files that let you manipulate TSL coordinates to one big file?

@Realistic resources placement: Lemons spawn in rich amounts in Northern and Eastern Europe, while they're scarce in Southern Europe.

Wishlist: On top of mine for newly included maps would be one just like the existing ones by Jan Borutas or Danmacsch but with less of Africa and less extended to the East. I like a jam-packed Central Europe, and this crowdedness always results in Hunnic or Persian superpowers in the less inhabited outskirt areas (because they have so much uncontested space and resources).

Keep up the good work!

Thanks all team members for this!:thumbsup:

Regarding the CivilizationStartPos.xml in the folder "JFD's Additions": I suppose, Civilizations_EuroLargeNew refers to Dieter von Clam's map. Or maybe not? The header "New Europe map start position" kind of suggests otherwise.

I'm asking that, because on my customized (ingame and some xml-files) Large Europe (Dieter von Clam) map some of the rare civs like Palatine, Ayyubid, Moors, and whatnot, have once successfully spawned but later disappeared and reappeared in different setups inscrutably. That is both the settlers on the map and the civ name from the setup menu. I probably screwed it up myself, because I don't know which files containing starting coordinates overwrite others… Part of the problem could be that I'm on a Mac and have no access to Modbuddy.

The spawning (and available number) of CSs is also pretty much inscrutable. When I allow a mix of Realist TSL city states and random, I end up with two realistic ones and all others wild mingle. Could also be the Mac version.

Do you guys plan to perhaps unify all the files that let you manipulate TSL coordinates to one big file?

@Realistic resources placement: Lemons spawn in rich amounts in Northern and Eastern Europe, while they're scarce in Southern Europe.

Wishlist: On top of mine for newly included maps would be one just like the existing ones by Jan Borutas or Danmacsch but with less of Africa and less extended to the East. I like a jam-packed Central Europe, and this crowdedness always results in Hunnic or Persian superpowers in the less inhabited outskirt areas (because they have so much uncontested space and resources).

Keep up the good work!

No files should be overwriting each other, afaik.

As far as table locations are, the co-ordinates for the original maps (Giant Earth, Huge Earth, Cordiform Earth, Greatest and Giant Europe) should be found in the XML folder, in CivilizationStartPos.xml. All others will be found in the JFD's Additions folder; most are in the SQL file, but as you've found there is an XML file that is dedicated to mod support for Europe (Greatest) Large (which is (for once) the actual name of the map, so you can check if it's the one you're after except you can't without the SDK :/). Civ spawns messing up could be down to load order or one of the mods having outdated support that breaks things - database log would help here.

No files should be overwriting each other, afaik.

As far as table locations are, the co-ordinates for the original maps (Giant Earth, Huge Earth, Cordiform Earth, Greatest and Giant Europe) should be found in the XML folder, in CivilizationStartPos.xml. All others will be found in the JFD's Additions folder; most are in the SQL file, but as you've found there is an XML file that is dedicated to mod support for Europe (Greatest) Large (which is (for once) the actual name of the map, so you can check if it's the one you're after except you can't without the SDK :/). Civ spawns messing up could be down to load order or one of the mods having outdated support that breaks things - database log would help here.
Thanks Chrisy. Overwrite: I meant say override, probably. And I also forgot to clear the cage.

Maybe there should be a subforum for this with a dedicated thread for finished customized maps that made successfully use of all the YAEM features. It's great that all the possibilities of customization are there, but it's also nice to use a specific TSL "mix" of an individual, just like in mixable (≈customizable) music, where it's nice to listen to an individual mix.

Thanks Chrisy. Overwrite: I meant say override, probably. And I also forgot to clear the cage.

Maybe there should be a subforum for this with a dedicated thread for finished customized maps that made successfully use of all the YAEM features. It's great that all the possibilities of customization are there, but it's also nice to use a specific TSL "mix" of an individual, just like in mixable (≈customizable) music, where it's nice to listen to an individual mix.

I presume you mean 'cache', not 'cage' :p

All maps should support the TSL/Random mix; since Random would presumably use a similar placing system to vanilla. The only optional feature that I'd expect you might have trouble with is the Civ-Specific starting resources for modded civs, because they're a pain in the ASP.lua to write.

'cache', not 'cage' :p
You could be write;). Will give it another shot this weekend. It's amazing how this mod breezes breathes new life into Civ V.

Makers of new civs note, some of the colors you use are annoyingly similar to others of your fellow civ makers! My customized Europe map happened to have Mehmet II, the Turk (JFD), and Ferdinand of Bulgaria (Tarcisio) as direct neighbours, their colors being nearly the same. Burgundy (JFD) and one Spain (Tarcisio) are also hard to tell apart and shared common boarders at a time in my game. There are more important things, but a comprehensive list of all team colors wouldn't be so bad maybe, especially when the civ makers have such a similar taste.

You could be write;). Will give it another shot this weekend. It's amazing how this mod breezes breathes new life into Civ V.

Makers of new civs note, some of the colors you use are annoyingly similar to others of your fellow civ makers! My customized Europe map happened to have Mehmet II, the Turk (JFD), and Ferdinand of Bulgaria (Tarcisio) as direct neighbours, their colors being nearly the same. Burgundy (JFD) and one Spain (Tarcisio) are also hard to tell apart and shared common boarders at a time in my game. There are more important things, but a comprehensive list of all team colors wouldn't be so bad maybe, especially when the civ makers have such a similar taste.

To quote Neirai:

"The thing that will end civ modding as we know it is, within the next year, we are going to run out of colours."

Oh, and how do I start a local multiplayer game with this map? The custom setup screen only shows a single player option.

When you go to the custom setup screen (through the single player button), you can set the AI players to be human. This is a feature of Gedemon's Custom Advanced Setup, which will allow any mods to be played local (with local being Hot Seat).

When you go to the custom setup screen (through the single player button), you can set the AI players to be human. This is a feature of Gedemon's Custom Advanced Setup, which will allow any mods to be played local (with local being Hot Seat).

Oh, you spoke about hot seat... well, I thought you meant local multiplayer instead of internet multiplayer. Then it isn't really possible, what a shame. I hope that Civ6 brings back the option to play modded multiplayer games. :)

Top Bottom